Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

49ers

With the addition of the Panthers new player, these guys look to be a very solid team...that is if Garaffolo can stay consistent
Old 11-22-2022, 12:47 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I just need them to win the division for a parlay bet. I think they should, but with the reborn Geno Smith leading the Seahawks it won't be easy.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
burnsy
self medicated

I really don’t get the Garoppolo criticism. In my opinion it’s a blessing for them he’s starting again . One Super Bowl appearance and last year the NFC championship game . Where he went into Green Bay and beat their overrated QB to get there. He’s solid and they win when he starts ..,,, end of story . They hype these other NFC QBs that don’t go as far . Plus, the defense for that team is dead nuts . If they stay healthy they are going to be a very tough out . Between that coach , the weapons he works with and that defense . They can travel and win , already proven . These tv people have their favorites that they constantly talk up . But cmon this guy is not chop liver . It’s just crazy talk . No he’s not the greatest but he’s pretty damn good at what he does.

Last edited by burnsy; 11-27-2022 at 07:43 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 08:30 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I really don’t get the Garoppolo criticism. In my opinion it’s a blessing for them he’s starting again . One Super Bowl appearance and last year the NFC championship game . Where he went into Green Bay and beat their overrated QB to get there. He’s solid and they win when he starts ..,,, end of story . They hype these other NFC QBs that don’t go as far . Plus, the defense for that team is dead nuts . If they stay healthy they are going to be a very tough out . Between that coach , the weapons he works with and that defense . They can travel and win , already proven . These tv people have their favorites that they constantly talk up . But cmon this guy is not chop liver . It’s just crazy talk . No he’s not the greatest but he’s pretty damn good at what he does.

I think SF fans are spoiled, having YA Tittle, John Brodie, Joe Montana, and Steve Young. Jimmy G is a solid top ten QB. About the only thing is he doesn't rack up a bunch of 300+ yard games, but with that defense that isn't needed. They could easily win it all with him.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:52 AM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

Agreed , they’ve been knocking on the door for a while . What makes me laugh is look at how some of these other teams struggle in the NFC come playoff time . Every year you gotta listen to the Green Bay hype and the Dallas hype. These teams haven’t had a sniff for years. I mean , Green Bay got no shot this year . And the usual Dallas hype train is on the rails again . Look at their QB . He’s not as proven as Jimmy G . In fact, he’s more of a choke artist IMO. Dallas usually struggles at the first level in the playoffs. Until they break that habit . You can’t like Dak. These people on tv put a narrative on players and try to make it stick . Even when it’s crap. This team and this QB is in the top 5 of accomplishments in recent years. And they appear to be on the verge of another big year . Oh yeah , Jimmy G stinks �� if this team stays in their current form , barring injuries, it’s the kind of team that will hammer Dallas come playoff time .

Last edited by burnsy; 11-29-2022 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:08 AM   #6
Inner Dirt

I used to be a 49er fan and was on their biggest fan website. When I moved to the East Coast I left my 49er fandom behind. I became a Redskin fan, but now I am mostly like a fan of the team or teams I have season bets on. I root for the Commanders in mean nothing games and when their winning is to my benefit. I made a division winner parlay Buff, Tenn, Phil, Minn, TB, and SF. I like those as it keeps you with a rooting interest in a lot of games and if you look at it as a weekly stake x 18 you don't have to put much up for a nice return.

I really started to hate the fan base and ran afoul of them when I predicted the league would quickly catch up with Colin Kaepernick, I was shocked he made it a year and a half before going down the drain. I am not a fanatic that watches game film over and over, but pick up on more than most because I played defense through college. I would tell these a-holes "watch this" and they would flat out deny what was obvious because it made Kap look bad. Most of that fan base is woke liberals so they said it was racism that made me rip on Kaepernick, that was about the last straw. Anyway Kaepernick is a one read wonder that stares down receivers. He really isn't good avoiding a rush in tight quarters, like learning how to step up in the pocket. He will feel pressure that isn't there and instantly roll right or left, when he does that his favorite target is the sideline route on the side he rolled to. His speed is also straight line speed and he is slow out of the break.

Oops, got carried away on my anti-Kap rant.

As for the Super Bowl I think the Championship games will be SF vs Phil and
Buff vs KC. Josh Allen is playing through an elbow injury, he obviously is not himself. Jalen Hurts is something, they will even put a spy on him and it doesn't stop him from making big gains with his legs. He also seems to improve as a passer every week.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #7
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

What about my Bengals? They get KC and Buff (and Baltimore, which has 3 road division games left) at home, and now have a head-to-head win over Titans. And they're getting some key components back. They should be well positioned for a home playoff game or two. And if that happens, who knows?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2022, 11:19 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
What about my Bengals? They get KC and Buff (and Baltimore, which has 3 road division games left) at home, and now have a head-to-head win over Titans. And they're getting some key components back. They should be well positioned for a home playoff game or two. And if that happens, who knows?

Do you want my real opinion? It is F**K the Bengals. I was 0-4 betting games involving them in last year's play-offs. They damn near took away all the money I won on my division parlay. I bet against them 3 times, then in the Super Bowl with the Bengals up 20-13 I gave a friend the current ML on the Rams for $1,000.

Then last week they shut down Derrick Henry and beat Tennessee who I have in a division bet with no Chase and no Mixon. It doesn't look like it in the box score but watching the game Samale Perine was a big contributor picking up key short yardage first downs rushing and receiving. Perine was 100% useless when he was on the Redskins. I was cussing him up one side and down the other watching the game.

Ok, rant off. If you look at the remaining schedules the Bengals have it a lot tougher than the Ravens, of course the Ravens just lost to the Jaguars. They do play the Ravens the last week of the regular season but if they win and end up with the same records as it sits they would likely lose the division tie breaker. Ravens are 2-0 in division vs 0-3. They will probably be a shoe in for a wildcard. Jets and Patriots have tough remaining schedules and the Chargers are banged up.

My division bet looks good at this juncture placed at +1569 the same thing now is +223. If it cashes I will try to put last year out of my mind and not
try to enact revenge on the Bengals. If a team irritates me I like cashing tickets betting against them and mocking them as they lose on TV.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:58 AM   #9
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

No hard feelings!
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2022, 06:00 PM   #10
burnsy
self medicated

I think the Bengals are rounding to form. With the 17 game schedule you can pretty much toss the first month. It’s also part of the reason injuries are more important now. Wear and tear on these guys is more of a factor . But this morning . Just like I was talking about in prior post on the thread. The braintrusts are debating whether Aaron Rodgers should start because mathematically they are not out yet . Are you kidding me ? The guy is getting older, he’s got a bum rib and a bad thumb. It’s obvious he can’t throw his normal pass. Plus, more importantly, their defense is just terrible . Horrid. They gave up 103 yards rushing in the first quarter to a QB. Oh yeah , they’re going far this year you got a guy, young, presumably healthy and he’s a first round pick . You’re gonna let the hurt guy play for his pride when he’s probably just gonna get banged up more?? That’s the consensus on ESPN. I spit my morning coffee out laughing. Brilliant thought and decision. Put the freaking new guy in! See what you got . If he’s good , which he looked ok the other night. You got added value and your not risking your all time QB. I truly think these boneheads on TV are more worried about ratings then what’s really going on . That team has made so many bad moves it’s obvious they are shot for the year. This kids been sitting for 2 1/2 years . Give him a shot . Ridiculous. No, put the wounded guy back in there. And every week after they get hammered these guys come on and say they have a chance . They don’t !!!! These guys are “analysts “ what games are they watching? This team stinks .

Last edited by burnsy; 11-30-2022 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:41 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

A lot of coaches like Bill Belichick considered September games an extension of the preseason back when they played 16 games. How many soon to be good teams laid an egg on opening day because starters collected a lot of dust in the preseason?

As for the Packers play-off chances they are 3 games out of the last wild card spot and that team has the tie breaker edge on them. They also have to travel to Miami and face Minnesota at home. There is also 3 teams between them and the team sitting in the #7 spot. Time to see what Jordan Love and a few other youngsters can do.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:10 PM   #12
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
A lot of coaches like Bill Belichick considered September games an extension of the preseason back when they played 16 games. How many soon to be good teams laid an egg on opening day because starters collected a lot of dust in the preseason?

As for the Packers play-off chances they are 3 games out of the last wild card spot and that team has the tie breaker edge on them. They also have to travel to Miami and face Minnesota at home. There is also 3 teams between them and the team sitting in the #7 spot. Time to see what Jordan Love and a few other youngsters can do.
Right on . Football has taken somewhat of a horse racing attitude except there’s no getting out of your schedule. Some of the good teams coast and have lulls because they know damn well if you can’t win in December, then January, you’re shot . Last year no one expected the Bengals or the Rams . The Rams looked good but people never talked about them really making it . And the Bengals really came on . They hadn’t had success in the playoffs in forever. It’s not just Belichick. It’s like some of these coaches are trainers. You can be good and just cruise for a while . The games from like Halloween on is what cuts the mustard . I might be wrong but I have my doubts about the Eagles . These teams with that kind of record seem to be bouncing late in the season . like in January. It’s almost better now to have a rough patch but just come on late. It’s almost a battle of attrition and reaching full form late . I don’t think people realize how some of these guys feel on Monday morning . Even if they’re not on the injury report. It’s almost better to struggle early and have to sit people out . Losing up to 6 games is no big deal .
Old 12-02-2022, 11:21 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

The Bengals are starting to creep up there again and they have won games missing RB1 AND WR1 that are due back soon. I don't think they will win the division as their schedule is a lot nastier than the Ravens. They probably will finish as the 6th seed and travel to the Titans or Ravens. Winnable games for them. I still think the AFC comes down to either KC and Buffalo, they are actually co-favorites to win it all on Fan Duel at +430. I like Phil +600 over SF+630 in the NFC. Oh boy all the chalk! Super Bowl I got Philadelphia, i cannot believe they are 3rd choice right now. I will just be sitting on my hands watching my season bet till the play-offs start.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #14
burnsy
self medicated

The Eagles deserve favoritism. But everyone knows how that can go. And the Bills and KC are definitely faves in the AFC but I would even put KC a little ahead at this time . I’m a Bills fan , been waiting forever to get a team like this . But they’ve been struggling in the second half’s of games . But like I said, that could actually be a positive, …….. if they come to life late. I kind of think that’s how the Rams and Bengals pulled it off last year . Mcvay doesn’t even go for preseason at all . Just like the Pats.

Last edited by burnsy; 12-03-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #15
Inner Dirt

The Bills have the tie breaker on KC but are a game back. The toughest team on both of their schedules is a visit to play the Bengals. Buffalo already proved they can win in KC. Bills have a beat up defense Von Miller is on IR.
Hopefully the extra rest will help Josh Allen's elbow.

Since Buffalo is one of the teams on my 6 team division winner parlay I am a Buffalo fan also. Add those 6 to following the home team Washington, and I run around a lot on Sundays. When I moved East I killed the satellite TV with NFL package. Sick of having to pay for a bunch of crap I don't want. Add that to what they have done with Nascar and Thursaday Night football and the cost of what I want has went up exponentially. I just listen to games on satellite radio, have two screens with a game on ESPN gamecast plus whatever is on TV.

My slow internet eliminates sports streaming services as an option.

Looks like a few of us will be rooting for the Bengals tomorrow, that is on TV here, thankfully. A Bengals win should keep Buffalo highly motivated all the way to the end of the regular season.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: