Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #5761
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
How do I know that you don't need to follow a religion to get to Heaven and see God?

Someone who I know recently passed said after passing "There is a creator, I spoke to him, he explained everything, and I'm fine."

This person did not practice religion and was a general pain in the ass to be around.
Wow! Really? Did you hold to a seance with a medium to talk to the dead?
Old 09-05-2020, 05:30 AM   #5762
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did Calvin write any of the bible? Have I ever quoted Calvin on this forum? I have quoted and cited plenty of scripture, but somehow your decrepit pea brain associates those passages with Calvin?
How much are you willing to bet, Mr Totally Depraved, "elected" Ambassador?
Old 09-05-2020, 05:34 AM   #5763
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
How much are you willing to bet, Mr Totally Depraved, "elected" Ambassador?
Give chapter and verse! I don't recall ever quoting Calvin from any of his works, of which he had plenty by the way.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #5764
hcap

Quote:
Give chapter and verse! I don't recall ever quoting Calvin from any of his works, of which he had plenty by the way.
Who else here posted anything about Calvin's doctrines of Total Depravity or who was per-destined to be "elected", before the "foundation of the world"?
Old 09-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #5765
boxcar

Quote:
Who else here posted anything about Calvin's doctrines of Total Depravity or who was per-destined to be "elected", before the "foundation of the world"?
Posting something about Calvin's systematic theology is not the same as directly quoting Calvin. I have always supported the Doctrines of Grace (including Total Depravity) with scripture.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #5766
hcap

Quote:
Posting something about Calvin's systematic theology is not the same as directly quoting Calvin. I have always supported the Doctrines of Grace (including Total Depravity) with scripture.
You just asked me to "quote" you quoting Calvin . You claimed you never quoted him. I never said you did verbatim. But you are the only Calvinist on this thread, and discussed Total Depravity and per-destination many times.

Now you are changing the subject again. Apparently too embarrassed to defend those weird 16th century doctrines.

Last edited by hcap; 09-05-2020 at 01:10 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #5767
boxcar

Quote:
You just asked me to "quote" you quoting Calvin . You claimed you never quoted him. I never said you did verbatim. But you are the only Calvinist on this thread, and discussed Total Depravity and per-destination many times.

Now you are changing the subject again. Apparently too embarrassed to defend those weird 16th century doctrines.
You're pathetic. I have defended the Doctrines of Grace with Scripture very often over the years. You truly have lived up to your favorite emoticon:
Old 09-05-2020, 07:28 PM   #5768
hcap

Quote:
You're pathetic. I have defended the Doctrines of Grace with Scripture very often over the years. You truly have lived up to your favorite emoticon:
My, my little man, I seemed to hit a nerve asking you to defend Calvin's 16th century doctrines. There was no discussion of "Grace". That was another of your rabbit holes to nowhere.

Calm down bunky, you are making a fool of yourself.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #5769
boxcar

Quote:
My, my little man, I seemed to hit a nerve asking you to defend Calvin's 16th century doctrines. There was no discussion of "Grace". That was another of your rabbit holes to nowhere.

Calm down bunky, you are making a fool of yourself.
The five doctrines (including Total Depravity and Unconditional Election) are called the Doctrines of Grace, fool.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:35 AM   #5770
hcap

Quote:
The five doctrines (including Total Depravity and Unconditional Election) are called the Doctrines of Grace, fool.
I thought that was only one of the five doctrines...
The doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace.

Irresistible grace: This is the belief that God's chosen elect cannot resist God's grace in their lives.

Of course that begs the question. As I have asked before. Does god extend grace to his un-elected. Like all those "apostates" you insist Catholics, Jews, and anyone else not buying your literal biblical Christianity are?
Old 09-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #5771
boxcar

Quote:
I thought that was only one of the five doctrines...
The doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace.

Irresistible grace: This is the belief that God's chosen elect cannot resist God's grace in their lives.

Of course that begs the question. As I have asked before. Does god extend grace to his un-elected. Like all those "apostates" you insist Catholics, Jews, and anyone else not buying your literal biblical Christianity are?
Your mind is totally shot. Go back and read my last post. I said "INCLUDING Total Depravity and Unconditional Election.) Those are two of the five doctrines.

And the Doctrines of Grace have nothing to do with the authority of the scriptures. The doctrines deal with the branch of theology known as soteriology. Google the acronym T.U.L.I.P.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #5772
hcap

Quote:
Your mind is totally shot. Go back and read my last post. I said "INCLUDING Total Depravity and Unconditional Election.) Those are two of the five doctrines.

And the Doctrines of Grace have nothing to do with the authority of the scriptures. The doctrines deal with the branch of theology known as soteriology. Google the acronym T.U.L.I.P.
Why can't you have a discussion without denying what you said a few posts back? Drop your constant diversionary tactics of posting rabbit hole after rabbit hole.

Please tell me if Calvin's unconditionally elected are the only non-apostates?
Old 09-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #5773
boxcar

Quote:
Why can't you have a discussion without denying what you said a few posts back? Drop your constant diversionary tactics of posting rabbit hole after rabbit hole.
The really pertinent question is: When are you going to learn to read?

Quote:
Please tell me if Calvin's unconditionally elected are the only non-apostates?
The biblically unconditionally elected are the only saved people in the world.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #5774
hcap

Quote:
The really pertinent question is: When are you going to learn to read?

The biblically unconditionally elected are the only saved people in the world.
You mean like you?
Old 09-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #5775
boxcar

Quote:
You mean like you?
Yes. And there are many more believers like me.