Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2020, 11:04 PM   #361
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

BTW, no better time for riots then when 40 million ****ing people are fresh out of work because of that OTHER crisis...fun times.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:34 PM   #362
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, no better time for riots then when 40 million ****ing people are fresh out of work because of that OTHER crisis...fun times.
They’re still getting unemployment. Wait until the money runs out.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:09 AM   #363
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I don't think you would find anyone who thinks it is.

?
FantasticDan, hcap, Biggestal, ...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 AM   #364
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
B.S. The video doesn't show what led up to that!
Aww, look what happened.. the cops got fired

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 12:22 AM   #365
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Aww, look what happened.. the cops got fired
It will go to arbitration.

These quick firings will all get reviewed
Old 06-01-2020, 12:57 AM   #366
ultracapper

The first thing that should be determined when a person applies to police academy is...."Why do you want to be a police officer?"

The job, by it's nature, is going to attract a number of people that want to assert authority, want to be "respected", want to be part of a fraternal kind of organization, and whatnot. If the answer isn't "I want serve the public and enforce the law", and if that isn't just hammered into them continually throughout their career, this stuff will happen. One bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole bunch, but those bad apples must be identified long before they are ever invested in. I would bet every major police department in this country has officers that would get excessively abusive with suspects if for no other reason than they were certain they could get away with it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 01:17 AM   #367
Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
The first thing that should be determined when a person applies to police academy is...."Why do you want to be a police officer?" If the answer isn't "I want serve the public and enforce the law", and if that isn't just hammered into them continually throughout their career, this stuff will happen.
Far too easy to get through with "I want to serve the public and enforce the law", when "I want to be judge, jury & executioner is what's really going on in some minds.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:45 AM   #368
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
There may be just as many far-right groups as there are leftist groups involved in stirring up and inciting these people to riot.

"Your own working class will bury you" ...Nikita Khruschev
Therefore, brutalize and murder the hell out of them.......Like I do.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 01:46 AM   #369
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Soon, the only people who are gonna want to be cops ARE the insane ones...

Fun times...
Old 06-01-2020, 04:03 AM   #370
ElKabong

Quote:
This elderly man with a cane knocked down by police (trying to clear the area where a car has been burning) certainly looks like Anti Fa right?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267070082590572544

And certainly, this young woman walking by with grocery bags in Dallas. I guess somebody is gonna tell me the grocery bags were a "prop".

https://twitter.com/willdizard/statu...46202333372416

Maybe part of it is some officers are like Trump says about SS agents: “Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. ‘We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it,” Trump tweeted.

I'm sure many of the SS agents (professional people) really appreciated being spoken about like this.

No MAGAs showed up at the WH......maybe many of them were busy waiting in food lines.
If you're open minded enough to take this in..., NO ONE in Dallas needed to be where that woman was. A Protest that got out of hand, cops being verbally abused and threatened, stores being looted. Get the F out of there. Everyone in the county knew there would be violence perpetrated by the bad apples in the protest group
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 04:27 AM   #371
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The car is too easy to break into.

If u don’t know anything about guns, make sure you buy a revolver. Simple six gun. Buy a lock box, mount it to a well chosen wall and keep the key close by. Or buy a lockbox that reads your fingerprint.

You could do all of this for around 500 bucks.

Better yet, for the house buy a .20 gauge shotgun. Put it up high in a rack in the bedroom, keep some shells of number 8 bird shot in your nightstand. Find some training
I appreciate the tip and info, JR

I've owned a firearm in the past, when I had to travel to south Louisiana when I bet for a living 15-20 yrs ago. That was the only time I felt the need to own one

As far as breaking into my car, my neighborhood is safe, I garage my car. To be honest that's the least of my worries

My dad taught me to use a .38 when I was 8. Never had the need to use it. The trips to old Evangeline woke me up a bit.

My wife actually owns 3 shotguns, her dad's. He passed away 2 months ago, I've asked her to sell them asap. The shotguns are in the garage, no shells. I gave the ammo away to a neighbor

Look, I have a 2yo grand baby living here. She is absolutely unstoppable as far as getting into things. No way I'm keeping a firearm in the bedroom

When I lived in Garland many, many yrs ago (my first house) someone broke into my house w/ me in it. I beat the shit out of the intruder with a 33 oz Louisville Slugger. True story. I didn't know if the guy would survive b/c I tagged him twice at the end of the exchange in the neck as hard as I could. The intruder was about my age, looking for something to pawn for drugs. No firearm was needed

I'm older now but I just don't fear physical harm from anyone smaller than Bo Jackson. Maybe not smart on my part, but punks back down from people that don't fear them. And I don't look for trouble either. What I see on tv concerns me tho…. even tho I no longer drive in bad parts of town to go to work etc, I am looking for safe options (in regards to the grand daughter)
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-01-2020 at 04:38 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 05:14 AM   #372
highernote

Are a lot of cops on steroids nowadays? Some of them look abnormally bulked up.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #373
highernote

Quote:
If you read my other posts you'll see that there were "many" hands in all of this. Opportunists of all sorts, who seek to benefit, told to go to Minnesota. Antifa, white supremisists, members of drug cartels, probably even some angry cops from the brotherhood who protect each other, blah blah blah
Think of all the different angles and what each has to gain by creating this.

Again, I put my energies here: choose to be part of the solution...first step, do not mirror the actions of those whose actions you despise. It's actually a pretty good path to follow, and will take you to good places if you put out your foot and get started.
The young idealists who are protesting with good intentions are finding out a hard fact of life -- people will take advantage of you.

There are the thugs and sociopaths from every walk of life, from the looters to the shooters, who are looking for a reason to inflict harm on people and get away with it.

Thugs and sociopaths don't care about making society better. They are driven by the need to hurt others.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:31 AM   #374
highernote

Much of the violence was planned in advance:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...lowTwt_NYBrand
Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 AM   #375
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
Are a lot of cops on steroids nowadays? Some of them look abnormally bulked up.
The man who used to be the mail man in my neighborhood decided to become a police officer. I saw him on patrol 3 years later and he was barely recognizable. I had to look at his badge to see his name to be sure it was him. He now looked like Hulk Hogan. A much more than normal change in his appearance.

Brutality by some cops maybe a side effect of steroid use by them ?

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 06-01-2020 at 07:11 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply