Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Remember this name- Christine Daae (this year's Rachel Alexandra)

I am sort of shocked nobody mentioned the huge effort by this 3yr old filly yesterday at Gulfstream Park. I have to admit I put a few dollars on her when she opened at 2-1. The daughter of Giants Causeway looks like the early favorite for the Oaks, but I would not be shocked to see her get some look for the Derby. She moves better than any 3yr old I have seen this year.

Another great one with another girl's name. This one is named after the Phantom of the Opera. She has the markings on her face like the mask.

She will run all day and the 121 and change for 7f got her a 92 beyer.

Unfortunately she is with Biancone.

Last edited by Moyers Pond; 01-16-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Moyers Pond is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
toussaud

very impressive.

oaks is shaping up to be a better race than the derby this year

i'd love to see a fight between Christine Daaem, Crisp, She Be Wild and Blind Luck
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
SmartyLane

Anybody got any ideas when she is to race next???
SmartyLane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyers Pond
I am sort of shocked nobody mentioned the huge effort by this 3yr old filly yesterday at Gulfstream Park. I have to admit I put a few dollars on her when she opened at 2-1. The daughter of Giants Causeway looks like the early favorite for the Oaks, but I would not be shocked to see her get some look for the Derby. She moves better than any 3yr old I have seen this year.

Another great one with another girl's name. This one is named after the Phantom of the Opera. She has the markings on her face like the mask.

She will run all day and the 121 and change for 7f got her a 92 beyer.

Unfortunately she is with Biancone.
Yeah I saw her too. Looks like big talent and I just won't get to excited until one more race.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Moyers Pond
Veteran

She is running again this weekend, Davona Dale at GP. Big effort and she may be FL Derby bound.

This filly will be in the gate on Kentucky Derby Day and don't be surprised if she wins it all. I love Giant's Causeways's but unfortunately the one is with Zayat as owner, and this one is with Biancone as trainer.

By May 2 we very well may be saying "rachel and zenyatta who".

http://www.youtube.com/gulfstreampar...32/-LDOAg386pA

She is owned by the same guy that owns General Maximus (Domenic Imperio's son)

Last edited by Moyers Pond; 02-24-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
toussaud

I really like her.. but man cobra man is not playing around.. he's taking on sassy image and bickersons in her second start. this race will be more productive than the ashland
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
I really like her.. but man cobra man is not playing around.. he's taking on sassy image and bickersons in her second start. this race will be more productive than the ashland
Wait to you see where they go for her third start. Pletcher's big Giant's Causeway better watch out for this one.

This filly is going to be the favorite in her 3rd career start this weekend, 2nd on dirt, over a filly that just romped in a grade 2 at Gulfstream. That is how good she is. Bickersons is a super talent but don't be surprised if she watches CD blow by her in a hand ride.

Bickersons does not want the extra 1/8th and Sassy is just too slow.

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said, "I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."

Last edited by Moyers Pond; 02-24-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Thanks for the race link...very impressive...I look forward to her Davona Dale and see how she does...looks like the distaffer's will be fun again this year...

but, man...I can't stand Biancone...I seriously doubt he'd take a chance at doing anything stupid, if ya get my drift...no doubt he's being watched...but still, I can just live without the cobra king

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
NTamm1215

Quote:
Wait to you see where they go for her third start. Pletcher's big Giant's Causeway better watch out for this one.

This filly is going to be the favorite in her 3rd career start this weekend, 2nd on dirt, over a filly that just romped in a grade 2 at Gulfstream. That is how good she is. Bickersons is a super talent but don't be surprised if she watches CD blow by her in a hand ride.

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said, "I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."
This post is just about the height of hysteria.

NT
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Dahoss9698
Veteran

She ran well last time and she might be a pretty good filly. But come on with the hyperbole. I realize she is another in the long line of horses who run well and then get hyped to the moon by Moyers Pond, but lets take a look at who she beat last out and how they have come back to run.

Runner up Exiled Princess came back to run 8th, beaten 15 at 5/2 with a 53 Beyer

3rd place finisher Muhaawara continues to be an equine money shredder as she was 2nd, beaten 4 running at 71 Beyer at 3/5

4th place finisher What's the Verdict was 6th, beaten 9 lengths at 9/2, while running a 58 Beyer

5th place runner Sarah and Me was 2nd, in a 50k claimer at 5/2 running a 64 Beyer

6th place runner Pretty B came back to run 2nd at 9-1 in a 75k claimer on the grass

7th place runner Divine Miss was 10th, beaten 26 in a MSW on the grass

The 8th and 9th place finishers have not run back yet

10th place finisher Ahh came back to run 5th, in a MSW on the grass at Tampa

A key race this was not. I don't think Rachel and Zenyatta have anything to worry about and I'm sure Pletcher isn't too worried about the Florida Derby.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
This post is just about the height of hysteria.

NT

I was trying to figure out who those " good ones " are as well.

He does love this filly.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy

He does love this filly.
My cousin buys horses for a living and he saw this filly in the morning work 6f and he said she is the most impressive horse on the grounds. Granted, Quality Road is not on the Gulfstream grounds, but some good ones are stabled there.

After this race this weekend you can be sure they will be fielding multi-million dollar offers for her. She is that good. I hate Biancone and would love to see somebody like Lael or West Point scoop her up, but I don't think they buy in that price range.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #13
NTamm1215

Quote:

He does love this filly.
Right and I was referencing the whole post in itself not just the part the original poster bolded.

Quote:

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said,"I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."
I don't disagree whatsoever that Bickersons is probably going to be at her best at seven furlongs and Sassy Image is pitifully slow but to even entertain the thought that right now Christine Daae is a threat to Eskendereya is ludicrous. She won one MSW in impressive fashion against an abysmal field. The fillies she beat have come back with this:

Exiled Princess (2nd to Christine Daae) - 8th beaten 15 in a MSW @ GP
Muhaawara (3rd) - 2nd beaten 4 to Shug McGaughey's first FTS winner @ GP in four years
What's the Verdict (4th) - 6th beaten 9 3/4 in MSW @ GP
Sarah and Me (5th) - 2nd beaten 3 in a 50k MCL
Pretty B (6th) - 2nd beaten 2 1/2 in a 75k MCL to a 82-1 winner
Divine Miss (7th) - 10th beaten 26 1/4 in a MSW @ GP
Ahh (10th) - 5th beaten 3 in a MSW on turf at Tampa

I think Christine Daae is going to be a nice horse but you have someone in this thread proclaiming that people are going to forget about Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra when they see Christine Daae. That is so incomprehensible that I can't believe I've actually spent time writing this reply.

NT

Last edited by NTamm1215; 02-24-2010 at 01:08 PM.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
My cousin buys horses for a living and he saw this filly in the morning work 6f and he said she is the most impressive horse on the grounds. Granted, Quality Road is not on the Gulfstream grounds, but some good ones are stabled there.

After this race this weekend you can be sure they will be fielding multi-million dollar offers for her. She is that good. I hate Biancone and would love to see somebody like Lael or West Point scoop her up, but I don't think they buy in that price range.
Oh boy.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy.
Just like the oh boy I got when I gave out Discreetly Mine this weekend.

Hope everyone puts their money on Bickersons and others. I would love another $7 horse like Discreetly Mine to pad my account with a few hundred more dollars.

What is funny is that all you critics don't ever seem to tout any horses. I guess you guys aren't the sharpest handicappers out there.