Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #1456
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
That was the only thing that stood out when I read it last night. He speaks in revelations.
Beats speaking from the poverty of ignorance.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #1457
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I thought you said Jesus only taught ONE thing??? Now you're implying that he taught more than one thing? Try to keep your lies straight.
Yes Jesus taught only one thing: Love. But Love is God you silly human being who talks of God all day but knows not.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #1458
hcap

Boxcar, a few words of advice. ShitCan the idiotic proclamations on sex and take it from me a Jew, you would do better trying to understand why the founder of Protestantism Martin Luther was such a vile antiSemite and why Jews suffered for 2 millennium under literal minded Christianity---than trying to translate the OT and Hebrew.

For a change stop revealin' and start being human if it is not too late
Old 05-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #1459
traynor

An interesting article on mindfulness ... a skill that more than a few on this thread could benefit by developing. As in seeing what is really there, not what one thinks/hopes/pretends is there.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2017...d-by-the-world

Life is good. People are (mostly) good. It is only those who choose to dwell on the dark, evil, and ugly who see the world as dark, evil, and ugly. A pity that they have learned so little, when so many opportunities to learn are all around them. Even more a pity that they believe they are following the will of some "god" by so doing, when all they are really doing is reacting to the dark, evil, and ugly within themselves. It doesn't have to be that way.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #1460
traynor

"These practices are a way of what Kabat-Zinn calls ‘purposefully paying attention to things we ordinarily never give a moment’s thought to’. They help keep you conscious of where you are and what you are doing throughout the day, rather than stumbling from one hour to the next on autopilot, focused only on going-home time."

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2017...d-by-the-world

Last edited by traynor; 05-10-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #1461
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Yes Jesus taught only one thing: Love. But Love is God you silly human being who talks of God all day but knows not.
So, you just contradicted yourself by quoting earlier a passage that Jesus didn't teach. Seems to me, silly, that you can't make up your mind whether or not Jesus taught one thing or multiple things. I mean...what about the kingdom of heaven thingy in LK 17:21? Is that a Jesus teaching or not?

And I'm glad you brought up the "knows not" thing. Your continued silence on a question I have repeatedly asked you is deafening: Can perfect unity exist in this universe; if not, why not, but if so, how?

Thanks in advance for the reminder on just how little you do know.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #1462
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Interesting,Doesn't this reveal the hypocrisy of all their flowery rhetoric about "God" and "Christianity. DEEDS not WORDS reveal truth.So in reality their true religion was "white supremacy" and their true God was "Money".
You must have thought the above is a compelling thought, since you posted it twice.

You have lots of assumptions and presuppositions in this question to me. First, you are assuming the founding Fathers based their beliefs in Christianity. Is Christianity or flowery language about Christianity, specifically mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation? Is Christianity cited as the reason they wanted to gain independence from Great Britain?

Actor made the argument Jefferson was a deist, not a Christian. The deist argument is being advanced by the secular left, to discredit any idea that Christianity is the basis for the establishment of the United States. If they were in fact deist, as claimed, by people of Actor's ilk, then Masonic beliefs would be in accord with the idea of inalienable rights coming from a Creator.

I know the great majority of the founders were Free Masons. Free Masons supported slavery, so maybe they were white supremacists due to their Masonic beliefs. The Masons, believe in a Creator, the Great Architect. So yes it is possible they were as you described. However, anything is possible, but the test is how probable the possible is.

As far as money being the true god, I don't know. History does not record that the motivating factor for the Revolutionary war solely money.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 05-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #1463
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Can you be more specific about which ruling?

Both the 9th circuit ruling and the Maryland ruling.

A federal judge in Maryland issued a narrower order blocking only the travel ban on citizens of six Muslim-majority nations. Both judges cited Trump's numerous public statements in favor of a "Muslim ban" as justifying challenges on constitutional grounds, including violations of the Establishment Clause prohibiting religious discrimination.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf.../#385f0a2e5074
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 05-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #1464
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Boxcar, a few words of advice. ShitCan the idiotic proclamations on sex and take it from me a Jew, you would do better trying to understand why the founder of Protestantism Martin Luther was such a vile antiSemite and why Jews suffered for 2 millennium under literal minded Christianity---than trying to translate the OT and Hebrew.

For a change stop revealin' and start being human if it is not too late
Hey...good idea. Why don't you actively lobby Sessions or Congress to appoint a special prosecutor for Luther? But make sure the guy has expertise in cold case investigations.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #1465
Light
Veteran

Quote:
So, you just contradicted yourself by quoting earlier a passage that Jesus didn't teach.
Which one is that?

Quote:
Seems to me, silly, that you can't make up your mind whether or not Jesus taught one thing or multiple things. I mean...what about the kingdom of heaven thingy in LK 17:21? Is that a Jesus teaching or not?
READ CAREFULLY.

JESUS TAUGHT ONLY ONE THING, WHICH IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS:LOVE. BECAUSE LOVE IS GOD AND GOD IS LOVE.

The reason you think there are contradictions is because your SCOPE of love is too narrow.

When Jesus said God is within you, that is pointing to the doorway of love.

When Jesus said love your enemies that is pointing to the doorway of love.

When Jesus said take the beam out of your eye before your brothers that is pointing to the doorway of love.

Anyone whose heart is open can see that these quotes do not contradict his ONE teaching of love. Love is not your narrow minded "fuzzy feeling" as you have said in the past. If you still believe that then you don't know love which means you don't know the God you speak about and would be why you think these statements contradict themselves.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #1466
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Which one is that?

READ CAREFULLY.

JESUS TAUGHT ONLY ONE THING, WHICH IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS:LOVE. BECAUSE LOVE IS GOD AND GOD IS LOVE.

The reason you think there are contradictions is because your SCOPE of love is too narrow.

When Jesus said God is within you, that is pointing to the doorway of love.

When Jesus said love your enemies that is pointing to the doorway of love.

When Jesus said take the beam out of your eye before your brothers that is pointing to the doorway of love.

Anyone whose heart is open can see that these quotes do not contradict his ONE teaching of love. Love is not your narrow minded "fuzzy feeling" as you have said in the past. If you still believe that then you don't know love which means you don't know the God you speak about and would be why you think these statements contradict themselves.
READ CAREFULLY: JESUS NEVER SAID THAT GOD IS WITHIN YOU. This is your first lie.

Your second lie is that originally when you said that Jesus taught only one thing you never qualified the statement with, "which is the only thing that matters. What you're doing now is equivocating by now qualifying your original statement. FYI: Equivocation is synonymous with lying.

Finally, please tell me how, specifically, the following teachings of Jesus are "pointing" to love.

John 8:23-24
23 And He was saying to them, "You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. 24 "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, [i]you shall die in your sins."[/b]
NASB

And,

John 8:58
58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM."
NASB

And,

Matt 18:7-10
7 "Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes! 8 "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire. 9 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, [/b]to be cast into the fiery hell.[/b]
NASB

And,

Matt 10:28
28[i] "And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul;[i] but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
NASB

And this,

Luke 19:11-27
11And while they were listening to these things, He went on to tell a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they supposed that the kingdom of God was going to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A certain nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return. 13 "And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.' 14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' 15 "And it came about that when he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these slaves, to whom he had given the money, be called to him in order that he might know what business they had done. 16 "And the first appeared, saying, 'Master, your mina has made ten minas more.' 17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, be in authority over ten cities.' 18 "And the second came, saying, 'Your mina, master, has made five minas.' 19 "And he said to him also, 'And you are to be over five cities.' 20 "And another came, saying, 'Master, behold your mina, which I kept put away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are an exacting man; you take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.' 22 "He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 'Then why did you not put the money in the bank, and having come, I would have collected it with interest?' 24 "And he said to the bystanders, 'Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.' 25 "And they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas already.' 26 "I tell you, that to everyone who has shall more be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27 "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
NASB

And how are you making out on my unity in the universe question?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #1467
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Making it short and to the point:

In Luke 17:20-21, Jesus says, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you" (NKJV).
Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #1468
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Making it short and to the point:

In Luke 17:20-21, Jesus says, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you" (NKJV).
But Boxcar considers this a "misinterpretation". And BOXCAR makes the rules in this thread.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #1469
thaskalos

Quote:
READ CAREFULLY: JESUS NEVER SAID THAT GOD IS WITHIN YOU. This is your first lie.

Your second lie is that originally when you said that Jesus taught only one thing you never qualified the statement with, "which is the only thing that matters. What you're doing now is equivocating by now qualifying your original statement. FYI: Equivocation is synonymous with lying.

Finally, please tell me how, specifically, the following teachings of Jesus are "pointing" to love.

John 8:23-24
23 And He was saying to them, "You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. 24 "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, [i]you shall die in your sins."[/b]
NASB

And,

John 8:58
58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM."
NASB

And,

Matt 18:7-10
7 "Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes! 8 "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire. 9 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, [/b]to be cast into the fiery hell.[/b]
NASB

And,

Matt 10:28
28[i] "And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul;[i] but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
NASB

And this,

Luke 19:11-27
11And while they were listening to these things, He went on to tell a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they supposed that the kingdom of God was going to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A certain nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return. 13 "And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.' 14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' 15 "And it came about that when he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these slaves, to whom he had given the money, be called to him in order that he might know what business they had done. 16 "And the first appeared, saying, 'Master, your mina has made ten minas more.' 17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, be in authority over ten cities.' 18 "And the second came, saying, 'Your mina, master, has made five minas.' 19 "And he said to him also, 'And you are to be over five cities.' 20 "And another came, saying, 'Master, behold your mina, which I kept put away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are an exacting man; you take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.' 22 "He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 'Then why did you not put the money in the bank, and having come, I would have collected it with interest?' 24 "And he said to the bystanders, 'Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.' 25 "And they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas already.' 26 "I tell you, that to everyone who has shall more be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27 "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
NASB

And how are you making out on my unity in the universe question?
The more you quote Jesus...the more "reasonable" his crucifixion seems to me. If he were to utter such words...he would be declared insane even TODAY.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #1470
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Quote:
You must have thought the above is a compelling thought, since you posted it twice.
You have lots of
Quote:
assumptions and presuppositions
in this question to me. First, you are assuming the founding Fathers based their beliefs in Christianity. Is Christianity or flowery language about Christianity, specifically mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation? Is Christianity cited as the reason they wanted to gain independence from Great Britain?

Actor made the argument Jefferson was a deist, not a Christian. The deist argument is being advanced by the secular left, to discredit any idea that Christianity is the basis for the establishment of the United States. If they were in fact deist, as claimed, by people of Actor's ilk, then Masonic beliefs would be in accord with the idea of inalienable rights coming from a Creator.

I know the great majority of the founders were Free Masons.
Quote:
Free Masons supported slavery
, so
Quote:
maybe
they were white supremacists due to their Masonic beliefs. The Masons, believe in a Creator, the Great Architect. So yes it is possible they were as you described. However, anything is possible, but the test is how probable the possible is.

As far as money being the true god, I don't know.
Quote:
History does not record that the motivating factor for the Revolutionary war solely money
No,the double post was accidental.And it was not a question, as I recall it was more of an observation. You said "America was not founded on the Constitution. America is founded on the idea contained in the Declaration of Independence that men have inalienable rights from a Creator God." So yes I certainly did assume that their conception of a creator God had a Judaeo- Christian underpinning.And I am well aware that some were Deist but Deism also has social/cultural linkage to Christianity.OK you say they supported slavery so maybe they were white supremacist.This infers that you would also say maybe the KKK are white supremacist. Interesting that you bring up the revolutionary war and its causes.How often do you think the actual reasons for wars are recorded in the history books of the countries INVOLVED in the conflict? Prior to 1776, anti-slavery sentiments were deepening throughout Britain and in the Caribbean. The colonist were making fortunes and their entire economy was dependent on slavery.The so-called Revolutionary War, was in part a counter-revolution, a conservative movement that the founding fathers fought in order to preserve their right to enslave others for monetary profit.So Yes I submit that the evidence supports my observation that their true religion was white supremacy and their true God was Money.Of course due to their "education" [indoctrination] my observation will cause cognitive dissonance and be rejected my most Americans,but that does not refute its veracity.

Last edited by Hank; 05-10-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Closed Thread