Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #8206
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I sort of figured that out. But what concerns me is not being able to award a positive point to someone I never gave one to before and getting that message about "spreading some reputation points around before giving it to....."

That is a sham
If you are suggesting that somehow I have rigged the rep point system, you would be 100% wrong.

I flicked a switch and turned it on, and that's it. However it was designed over in vBulletin-land is how it operates here. I didn't change a thing.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #8207
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And most Jews 2,000 years ago chose to reject their Messiah and to deliver him over to the Romans to be murdered for no legitimate reason whatsoever!
If they didn't do that you wouldn't be having so much fun here today.

Didn't Jesus basically state somewhere in the Bible that his death was predetermined and a foregone conclusion.

Haven't you told us a billion times that Christ died to save humanity? That he HAD to die? That it fulfilled a prophecy? That he KNEW it beforehand...

Thus, the Jews (or whomever else you want to blame for this, whether or not they are actually to blame) were not operating under a freedom of choice mandate here. They (or whomever actually delivered up Christ to the Romans) had no free will in the matter. Christ was going to die no matter what.

In fact, he HAD TO. Or else you wouldn't have a religion.

So in reality, you SHOULD BE THANKING THE JEWS (or whomever it was that actually "delivered Christ to the Romans.")

And by the way, how come nobody is ever pissed off at Italians or calling THEM Christ-killers?
Old 09-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #8208
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
What is your evidence? You make the claim; the burden of proof is yours. Were not most of the churches in Greece, the exceptions being one in Jerusalem and one in Rome? Why were the Gospels written in Greek?

Was not Samaria between Jerusalem and Judea? Did not Philo identify it as such?

Do you have verifiable numbers?
You don't read too swell, do you? The Church was born in JERUSALEM. (And no, Jerusalem was never the capitol of Greece, for your info.) Eventually, the Church spread from Jerusalem to Judea to Samaria and THEN to Asia Minor.

Verifiable numbers, you want? I'd give you such numbers but I will not give you the opportunity to repeat your mindless mantra that "scripture proves nothing".
Old 09-07-2018, 05:59 PM   #8209
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If you are suggesting that somehow I have rigged the rep point system, you would be 100% wrong.

I flicked a switch and turned it on, and that's it. However it was designed over in vBulletin-land is how it operates here. I didn't change a thing.
It is very odd. Do you know the inner workings ofvBulletin-land?

It might explain why mostpost is at zero.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #8210
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The Church was born in JERUSALEM.
How is that relevant?

Quote:
(And no, Jerusalem was never the capitol of Greece, for your info.)
I never said it was. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Eventually, the Church spread from Jerusalem to Judea to Samaria and THEN to Asia Minor.
Eventually? How many centuries? How long was it under the radar?

Quote:
Verifiable numbers, you want? I'd give you such numbers ...
The truth is that you have no such numbers. Neither does anyone else.

Quote:
... I will not give you the opportunity to repeat your mindless mantra that "scripture proves nothing".
So prove that scripture proves something? You can't. If you could, you would.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #8211
boxcar

Quote:
How is that relevant?

I never said it was. Don't put words in my mouth.

Eventually? How many centuries? How long was it under the radar?

The truth is that you have no such numbers. Neither does anyone else.

So prove that scripture proves something? You can't. If you could, you would.
The truth is that I do have numbers for Jewish believers in the early church. Would you like to place a bet with me that I do?

Prove to me first that your lame theories prove anything. At least I have something in writing. All you have are your empty, useless theories.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #8212
boxcar

Quote:
It is very odd. Do you know the inner workings ofvBulletin-land?

It might explain why mostpost is at zero.
That's easy. Everyone has Mostie's number.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #8213
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The truth is that I do have numbers for Jewish believers in the early church. Would you like to place a bet with me that I do?
How much? Who holds the money? Who decides the winner? How do I know you'll pay up?

Quote:
Prove to me first that your lame theories prove anything.
Which "lame" theory do you want me to prove? Relativity? Quantum theory? Evolution? Heliocentrism? How much reading and effort are you willing to put into it? So far your position has been that you will put no time or effort into it.

Why should I go first? Your "lame" theory has been around for thousands of years. No evidence has ever been put forward to verify it. Relativity and quantum theory have been around for about 100 years, evolution for 159, heliocentrism for about 500 years. You should go first. You and your kind are the ones making the prior claim.

Quote:
At least I have something in writing.
The question is "Who wrote it?"

Quote:
All you have are your empty, useless theories.
Useless? They produced the computer you are using to post. The food you eat every day? (Ever eat a banana?) The car you drive. (Or do you get around on foot?) Do you have air conditioning down there in swamp land?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #8214
boxcar

Quote:
How much? Who holds the money? Who decides the winner? How do I know you'll pay up?

Which "lame" theory do you want me to prove? Relativity? Quantum theory? Evolution? Heliocentrism? How much reading and effort are you willing to put into it? So far your position has been that you will put no time or effort into it.

Why should I go first? Your "lame" theory has been around for thousands of years. No evidence has ever been put forward to verify it. Relativity and quantum theory have been around for about 100 years, evolution for 159, heliocentrism for about 500 years. You should go first. You and your kind are the ones making the prior claim.

The question is "Who wrote it?"

Useless? They produced the computer you are using to post. The food you eat every day? (Ever eat a banana?) The car you drive. (Or do you get around on foot?) Do you have air conditioning down there in swamp land?
Any amount you want. And we'll make the wager public. No one has to hold any money. If I don't pay, I will be disgraced on this public forum.

So how much can you stand to lose?

Oh...and the lame theories I was mainly referring to is all the garbage you post about the scriptures -- that this guy didn't exist, someone else didn't exist , blah, blah, blah.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #8215
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Any amount you want. And we'll make the wager public. No one has to hold any money. If I don't pay, I will be disgraced on this public forum.
I can't spend your disgrace.

Quote:
So how much can you stand to lose?
One thing I can't stand to lose is my internet anonymity which I would certainly lose whichever way the bet went. Tell me how I collect without coming out of the atheist closet.

Quote:
Oh...and the lame theories I was mainly referring to is all the garbage you post about the scriptures -- that this guy didn't exist, someone else didn't exist , blah, blah, blah.
Do the someone else's include Robin Hood, King Arthur, blah, blah, blah?

Of course the main theory is that God doesn't exist. That's your claim and yours is the burden of proof.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #8216
hcap

Quote:
Oh...so you're to be numbered among "literal minded jackasses" too, since you take Luther's "gem" literally? Why am I not surprised?
You are crazy much like your mentor Luther

Luther's attitude toward the Jews took different forms during his lifetime. In his earlier period, until 1537 or not much earlier, he wanted to convert Jews to Lutheranism (Protestant Christianity), but failed. In his later period when he wrote this particular treatise, he denounced them and urged their persecution.[1]

In the treatise, he argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[W]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

How do we take "burning synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated" Metaphorically or as an allegory?.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:02 AM   #8217
hcap

Quote:
No, I'm comparing Germans everywhere to Christians everywhere.
The Germans during the rise of Nazism, and the holocaust was relatively a short lived subservience to lunatics who demanded their blind obedience. The Christians, though not all murdered and tortured Jews for 2 millennia subservient to a misconstrued understanding of your poorly understood bible. Subservient only to their so-called "religious" leaders filled with hate and discrimination.

It is only recently many Churches and the Catholic church denounced this atrocity.

No, you have much blood on your hands. Why can't you also denounce it and stop excusing it?
Old 09-08-2018, 03:28 AM   #8218
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I have a wager in mind but first let's clarify exactly what your claim is. Recall that I qualified my challenge with the word "verifiable". If your numbers are from Christian, or even Jewish, sources then no bet. None of this "400 people saw Christ after the resurrection" BS. What is your claim exactly?

We also need to recruit an impartial judge to decide who won the bet. That won't be easy. I might even be impossible. Got anyone in mind?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #8219
boxcar

Quote:
You are crazy much like your mentor Luther

Luther's attitude toward the Jews took different forms during his lifetime. In his earlier period, until 1537 or not much earlier, he wanted to convert Jews to Lutheranism (Protestant Christianity), but failed. In his later period when he wrote this particular treatise, he denounced them and urged their persecution.[1]

In the treatise, he argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[W]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

How do we take "burning synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated" Metaphorically or as an allegory?.
You can't Luther literally. He must be understood allegorically. He's talking strictly about his inner conflicts which he likens to the conflicts the Jews had with Jesus.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #8220
boxcar

Quote:
The Germans during the rise of Nazism, and the holocaust was relatively a short lived subservience to lunatics who demanded their blind obedience. The Christians, though not all murdered and tortured Jews for 2 millennia subservient to a misconstrued understanding of your poorly understood bible. Subservient only to their so-called "religious" leaders filled with hate and discrimination.

It is only recently many Churches and the Catholic church denounced this atrocity.

No, you have much blood on your hands. Why can't you also denounce it and stop excusing it?
I have denounced it in the past. I have even said that those professing Christians (many of whom were Catholics or came out of the RCC) were acting totally contrary to scripture and even....ignored the somber warnings given to Gentile Christians against waxing arrogant against Jews.

In fact...there was a time in Paul's ministry (I believe it was his third missionary journey) that he became totally disgusted with his brothers, according to the flesh. (Don't forget Paul was a Jew (and a hard-nose Pharisee before he converted!). Paul told the Jews in some synagogue that he was done preaching to them and that from that time forward, he would preach only to the Gentiles. But God had different plans for Paul. God reigned Paul in and Paul is found later still preaching to some Jews (although his ministry was always primarily to the Gentiles). The whole story is in Acts. When I find it later, I'll post the pertinent scriptures.

But the point is that the Church certainly sinned greatly against the Jews and no doubt others as well; for there is nothing in all scripture that sanctions persecution due to refusal to believe. Again...quite the contrary...unless of course the church was filled with people like you who interpreted all scripture allegorically, including those warnings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: