Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-26-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
ultracapper

A couple new conditions @SA this week

I saw earlier in the week they ran a C$32K for non-winners of 3 lifetime. For quite awhile they've had the C12.5K and C$25K for N2L, but the winners were funneled into the single N3L claimer for $16K. I guess the new condition is for the more expensive N2L winners so as not to expose them too cheaply yet still run in conditional races. They'll start getting weaker N1X and N2X competitors in there also. It'll be horses that fooled their connections by pulling down a MSW but were never really allowance type horses.

6/26/16 they've unveiled the StAlw N2L for those that broke their maiden for MC$20K or lower. That was the way the StAlw$40K were up until a couple years ago when they made a non-winner of two eligible if it had competed for C$40K or lower rather than having broke maiden at that level or lower. This allowed MSW winners into the condition as long as they had competed for C$40K or lower. This new condition gets us back to the status at which the horse broke maiden as the qualifying criteria rather than the lowest level they'd competed at.

Gotta understand how the conditions on your circuit are written, and also be aware when they start new conditions and know where they fit in the scheme of things.

Last edited by ultracapper; 06-26-2016 at 03:30 AM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
Robes
Journeyman

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I saw earlier in the week they ran a C$32K for non-winners of 3 lifetime. For quite awhile they've had the C12.5K and C$25K for N2L, but the winners were funneled into the single N3L claimer for $16K. I guess the new condition is for the more expensive N2L winners so as not to expose them too cheaply yet still run in conditional races. They'll start getting weaker N1X and N2X competitors in there also. It'll be horses that fooled their connections by pulling down a MSW but were never really allowance type horses.

6/26/16 they've unveiled the StAlw N2L for those that broke their maiden for MC$20K or lower. That was the way the StAlw$40K were up until a couple years ago when they made a non-winner of two eligible if it had competed for C$40K or lower rather than having broke maiden at that level or lower. This allowed MSW winners into the condition as long as they had competed for C$40K or lower. This new condition gets us back to the status at which the horse broke maiden as the qualifying criteria rather than the lowest level they'd competed at.

Gotta understand how the conditions on your circuit are written, and also be aware when they start new conditions and know where they fit in the scheme of things.

Ca racing is dead they can write None winners since Pearl Harbor, or none winners since yesterday and they still couldn't fill a race i
Robes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
ultracapper

Ain't it the truth. The fields this week were sad.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
Arapola

Quote:
Did you notice this week's fare?
Non winner's of 1 whose last race was on Turf or Synthetic.
Still drew 5 horses!
Arapola is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
dilanesp

Quote:
Well, they uprooted the turf course, which was all torn up (to avoid the Golden Gate closing day problem). So it was all main track races.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #6
pele polo

Quote:

Very nice write up. Thanks for the insight
Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Well, they uprooted the turf course, which was all torn up (to avoid the Golden Gate closing day problem). So it was all main track races.
They are sort of creating artificial off the turf races to keep some of those horses in action somehow.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
fmolf

california racing is still dying a slow death...if the breeders cup powers to be don't give them 2 of every 3 breeders cups they might be out of business.Although TVG is keeping them alive as well.A bit embarrassing for them the way they promote it like its top shelf!
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
california racing is still dying a slow death...if the breeders cup powers to be don't give them 2 of every 3 breeders cups they might be out of business.Although TVG is keeping them alive as well.A bit embarrassing for them the way they promote it like its top shelf!
Del Mar is consistently in the black. And Santa Anita makes money even without the Breeders' Cup (which is actually a financial wash because most of the profit goes to the BC people).

We may not have great racing (I would concede that point), but Southern California racing is not dying a slow death.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

But those who have to watch are contemplating suicide.
SoCal racing is as bad as it gets.

Actually, ALL CAL racing sucks. All tracks.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #11
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I was waiting for Emerald to finish Sunday night and had SA on...

Sad....smaller fields than Emerald 2012. Sad.....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #12
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
They are sort of creating artificial off the turf races to keep some of those horses in action somehow.
The 1st on Saturday was a joke, until I saw the 8th.

The racing secretary is just running around the back stretch screaming "give me 5 horses. Anybody, what does it take for you to give me 5 horses?"