Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

IT'S OFFICIAL: DRF DOESN'T WANT ANY VISITORS

When they started making their content part of their subscription plan--okay, I just didn't read it. Someone there thought that was a good idea--I didn't.

DRF BETS---all ya got was a lousy DRF "Program" for betting with them, not the full "classic" DRF. I'm guessing it was the same person there, that thought that was a good idea---I didn't. I quickly left for Bris and their nice ULTIMATE free PP's.

Now...INCREDIBLY..the same knucklehead @ DRF thought it would be another good idea to BLOCK THEIR RESULTS WITH ADVERTISING! So you now have to ty to scroll around their ads to see who won what.

Once again, Bris to the rescue..it takes a couple more clicks to get to their charts.

I'm trying to figure out what the moron...yes, MORON..at DRF is thinking.

There is now NO reason for me to visit their site again.

Another piece of Americana has died.

RIP DRF.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #2
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
When they started making their content part of their subscription plan--okay, I just didn't read it. Someone there thought that was a good idea--I didn't.

RIP DRF.
Unfortunately, this is the economics of our time. I'm getting older now I can remember the "Sunday Papers". Where people would by copies of the ones they like and read them all. Now, there's some of that but most people that buy the Sunday Paper faithfully are coupon junkies. In fact, I have one friend (and his wife) that refuses to buy a tablet or computer so he buys the "rack" of papers almost daily. But in reality, who does that anymore?

The internet has taken hold of most peoples lives. Its a devastating position for the "print, information industry" to be in. The "someone" you blame is just trying to follow protocol and make the publication money before DRF does die. Do you really think they "love" doing this? Charge people on the internet for subscriptions or put so many ads on the page it take 3 minutes to download? You are right, they are hurting. Probably trying anything they can to stay a float and compete at the same time. You can take almost every "news publication" and write the same thing. Its not DRF's fault, I know people kick them in the chops here constantly, Its a sign of the times we live in. There may be a day they go paperless and you gotta buy their subscription. Who knows?

Does this suck? For me, of course it does. I'd rather have a "hard copy" in my hand........I'm older and I used to love buying one to read all the articles and stories plus the thing was priced reasonably. This not DRF's problem alone. People can bitch all they want, DRF is not some Govt. program. In other words, the "bail out" check ain't never coming.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:

Now...INCREDIBLY..the same knucklehead @ DRF thought it would be another good idea to BLOCK THEIR RESULTS WITH ADVERTISING! So you now have to ty to scroll around their ads to see who won what.

RIP DRF.
I know it's a pain in the ass,but when the ad covers the results click on the empty space to the right of it to get the ad off the screen and a clear view.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

DRF has by far the worst website on the internet.
Some 8 year old on LSD could have down a better job of designing it.
I have to laugh - someone actually got paid for doing that.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
fiznow

Quote:

DRF BETS---all ya got was a lousy DRF "Program" for betting with them, not the full "classic" DRF. I'm guessing it was the same person there, that thought that was a good idea---I didn't. I quickly left for Bris and their nice ULTIMATE free PP's.

Once again, Bris to the rescue..it takes a couple more clicks to get to their charts.

I'm trying to figure out what the moron...yes, MORON..at DRF is thinking.

There is now NO reason for me to visit their site again.

RIP DRF.
Im boycotting DRF for a longer time already for these reasons. The news, infos and data I need I get on other sites.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #6
Delta Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
DRF has by far the worst website on the internet.
Some 8 year old on LSD could have down a better job of designing it.
I have to laugh - someone actually got paid for doing that.
Couldn't agree more. I know DRF gets bashed a lot, but the content and the writers are actually pretty good.

Too bad the site is a clusterf**k of epic proportions.
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
So you now have to ty to scroll around their ads to see who won what.

Go to the link below. Scroll down the left hand column and you will find future entries, quick results, full charts, and lots of other stuff.

http://www.handicapping.com/
Old 05-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Go to the link below. Scroll down the left hand column and you will find future entries, quick results, full charts, and lots of other stuff.

http://www.handicapping.com/
Looks good.Thanks
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cone
Couldn't agree more. I know DRF gets bashed a lot, but the content and the writers are actually pretty good.

Too bad the site is a clusterf**k of epic proportions.
That's the thing. Their content is good but its not really made for the internet. Put it this way. If they totally went under. Some of the same people bitching about them will start a "woe is me" thread when its gone. That's why they bitch to begin with, because its got some of the most knowledgeable people but access is a pain in the ass. They cover things that no one else does or can. But if it were close....it would be "boo hoo" around here. I'll book that in a minute.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #10
RunForTheRoses

If you use Firefox try Adblock Plus.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #11
zerosky

Its the bar at the bottom of the home page that annoys me along with the pop-up everything single time I go there.
I have to spend time closing them both down
zerosky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #12
mikesal57
Veteran

There is a reason for those pop-ups....

To discourage , I believe its called , "Internet bots" where a software application that runs automated tasks

Say you want results for Bel 1st race ....

it would have been a simple goto.......... www.drf/results/bel/1
and you would go down the line with what you need..

Now with pop-ups your getting hung up

So don't think they are dumb...they actually know what they are doing

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 04:53 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

To discourage , I believe its called , "Internet bots" where a software application that runs automated tasks

Mike
Yes, they are pissing off their customers.
I thought the internet bots were the DRF people???
They certainly act like it.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #14
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

Mike
You're way off mike...suppose they tried something like that on Pace Advantage--would you really go out of your way to read the same guys whining about jockeys...or the same incredibly boring people complaining about how wrong our society is, all the while their lily-white ass has it made?

Sure, it's not exactly the same as the DRF example---but what I'm getting at---people can get what DRF is offering elsewhere--in a hearbeat. No trouble at all, mike.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Litfin was good, but they dumped him.
Pandy is good.

The rest, when their stuff was free I thought it was over-priced.
I have read far more interesting and informative stuff here on PA than I ever read in the DRF. Their writers are not worth seeking out. I hear some of them on ATR and they range from not very impressive, all the way up to arrogant and outright jerks.