Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-25-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
cutchemist42

Well turns out Maria Borell is just a terrible human being...

https://www.usracing.com/news/analys...y-maria-borell
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Should be fun to go back and read the thread after she was fired. Despicable human being.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
Tall One
Scum Bum!

“I saw a foal die and the mare was really upset and she just left the dead foal in the stall to rot,” Summerville continued. “It was really sad. I didn’t even know [Harrison]; I think I only met her maybe three or four times from being on that farm. She had a job off the farm and commuted an hour away, so she wasn’t there to see it all most days, but I saw first-hand the things she had to deal with and the destruction Maria was causing every day. I stayed because I was actually trying to help the horses. I wonder what could have happened to a lot of them if I wasn’t there to help.”

Terrible person is being nice, cut...
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

IF THIS IS ALL TRUE........

ROT IN HELL, YOU PIECE OF SHIT MARIA BORELL. HOPE A HORSE TRAMPLES YOU (BY ACCIDENT OF COURSE) 1 DAY. HOW DARE YOU??????????? HOW DARE YOU???
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2016, 10:56 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I had VOMMIT in my mouth reading the part about having a poor mother watch her baby's corpse in front of her.

VOMMIT. You deserve every BLANKEN thing you ever get.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:47 PM   #6
Fager Fan
Veteran

Wow. Insanely sad and I hope that someone with authority in racing steps up and sees to it that these horses are well cared for. What I am still puzzled by is the ownership of these horses. You'd think we'd hear from an owner if they're aware of the horror going on, yet it's difficult to believe Maria owns all these horses.

I had a very bad impression of Borell immediately upon her tweets regarding the firing so I'm not shocked. I'm sorry that being correct in my impression means that there are horses who have suffered and continue to suffer. Those hooves are abuse at the highest level.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

I personally know Margaret, who wrote this article, and she is just boiling over in madness on how this monster can still show her face. It is unfortunately another black eye for the game that someone like this exists, and hopefully will be removed to prevent more damage.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:04 AM   #8
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Should be fun to go back and read the thread after she was fired. Despicable human being.
All I ever said is that she has a potential claim to get paid by Mattress Mac. She still does and it is being litigated.

I certainly never held her up as a moral exemplar of anything, and indeed, if the allegations in this article are close to being true, she needs to be at least stripped of her licenses and possibly prosecuted for animal neglect.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 02:15 AM   #9
proximity

IF this is true i hope she is trampled by some horses (intentionally) and sentenced to the bowels of penn national......
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:00 AM   #10
SuperPickle

The horrible part is she keeps doing this. I never knew you could just rent a farm, run up some bills stiff the help and move on.

And worst part is the father. Obviously she's either mentally ill or massively unfit to run a business. The fact there's an accomplice in this blows my mind.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 04:53 AM   #11
Track Phantom

Can all of this by true? I mean, exactly as it is reported? Seems unlikely to me that someone can be that callous. Didn't she sleep in the stall with Runhappy? Would someone do that and, at the same time, allow the things to go on that were reported? I certainly hope this is some sort of exaggeration or maybe just untrue. If not....wow.

Animal cruelty is in the same category as rape and murder in my book. It's one of the absolute most despicable things a human being can do during their time on this planet. I somehow wonder how I am the same species as a person that would abuse, be cruel or just be uncaring towards animals. I have no idea how someone could consider themselves a human being and have the capacity to do these things. There is no hyperbole in my statements. You are flat-out subhuman if you're cruel to animals and really deserve no place on this earth.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:58 AM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Well said Trackphantom. I totally agree.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #13
tucker6

It was so difficult to read through the article that I stopped after the mare/foal incident. Disgusting. It is hard for me to understand what type of human being can be so heartless to let that happen.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #14
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

Awful. Hoping this is a career ender (skeptical), but damn can charges at least be brought upon her?
Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #15
Ian Meyers

The facts about Borell have been known in the KY racing community for awhile. I reached out to a well connected friend in Lexington to try and help when McIngvale fired her because I felt sorry for her.

My friend made a few phone calls and got back to me and said "we need to stay out of it she's NFG. It's much worse than you think." That was the last time I brought it up with him.

She's young and she's attractive and she was good at making people that didn't know her feel sorry for her. She'll never get another horse to train.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: