Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Future Hall Of Fame Driver, Lol

As I had mentioned around a month ago, Scott Zeron is an afterthought when your talking the sports top drivers. He is nowhere near one of the top drivers in the sport and if anyone thinks otherwise, they surely need to find another game to gamble on.

His drives today on Master Of Law and Lindys Tru Grit were horrible to say the least. As well, his cocky attitude when speaking about how great Artspeak was, came back to haunt him, karmas a bitch.

If you need more ammo just look at how many drives he has next week, over a 5 card period at Pocono and Philly. He has 15 drives over 5 cards of racing and a few of them are second call drives as well as one from his barn. That means the trainers are not impressed. That also means the owners are not impressed and do not want him driving their horses.

His cheerleading team who I finally had to ignore, surely wouldn't be saying a lot to rebuff my comments after watching him drive throughout the Red Mile meet. Lost is the best word I can come up with.

I would go further and say that now that most of the stakes are over with he should return to WEG and stay there.

Once again I tell it like it is and only post facts.
The Inside Scoop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
badcompany

Saw him drive a few NYSS horses over the Summer. There was nothing about him that struck as special.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
Saw him drive a few NYSS horses over the Summer. There was nothing about him that struck as special.
You are bang on with your assessment, he was not special.

He gave up on driving at Yonkers after nobody wanted to use him, due to his non agressive style and .180 UDRS. He now drives at Pocono (.241 UDRS) and Philly(.231 UDRS) where he has 15 drives out of 73 races the next 5 cards. He batted .263 at the Red Mile mailnly because he drove for a week against the likes of James Stillner and company before the Grand Circuit and won 3/4's of his 11 races he won, against them. The only place where he was well received was the Meadowlands and he didn't exactly set the world on fire driving against a very weak driving colony.

It will be tough for him to make a go of it driving 2 nights at The Meadowlands this winter when all the tracks close except Yonkers, where he would starve, so if he was smart he would say I tried, but I can't compete in the US and go home and race at WEG.

Last edited by The Inside Scoop; 10-05-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Just to update you on what I wrote regarding Zeron as a future Hall of Famer. To date over a 4 card period his stats were as follows:

Today at Philly 4 drives

Last Night Pocono 6 drives

Yesterday afternoon Philly 2 drives

Tuesday Pocono 3 drives

15 drives out of 57 races, with a win and a second. Thats the guy I want to be gambkling on? Whats the ROI on him over those cards? Thats 42 races where he was not listed, whats that tell you? The owners and trainers love him? Hes in high demand? Hardly Hall of fame numbers one would have to admit.

At Pocono and Philly he has 3 drives on Sunday and 3 more drives on Tuesday for a total of 6 drives out of 28 races. Wednesday he is not listed on any at Philly. Throw in 6 drives at Balmoral Saturday and 6 more at Pocono tomorrow night and there you have it.

Once again, I only post the facts, they do not lie. Zeron in the US is an afterthought, the numbers do not lie and trainers and owners who refuse to list him agree. It show with his lack of drives.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
mrroyboy

I never rebuffed your comments about Scott Zeron. I only rebuffed your insults to members of this forum who I highly respect. I agree Zeron has not been very good lately. I never thought he was hall of fame material unless he improves in the future.
And even if I disagreed with you, you are entitled to your opinion.
PEACE?
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroyboy
I never rebuffed your comments about Scott Zeron. I only rebuffed your insults to members of this forum who I highly respect. I agree Zeron has not been very good lately. I never thought he was hall of fame material unless he improves in the future.
And even if I disagreed with you, you are entitled to your opinion.
PEACE?
Ok, peace.

I try to state only facts or make comments on what I watch on a daily basis. I have been around a long time and have saw many drivers come and go. The comments about Zeron being a future Hall Of Famer were so far off, they were laughable at best. At this time for what he has shown in the US and his lack of current success and drives, one would have to think a move back to Canada would be logical.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #7
mrroyboy

I agree. But maybe he will learn and get better. Other drivers have.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Some learn and do get better but its not like he is a rookie driver. He has been driving for 8 years and drove for 6 as a regular at WEG. Zeron had drives in almost every race WEG. To myself its been a big step backwards to where he was at when he drove at WEG, in regards to where he is today.

This year will be his 4th straight year his overall UDRS has dropped.
.240 (this year to date)

In 119 drives this year in Canada his drives earned $1.2 million and he batted .388, very nice numbers.

This year in 1640 drives in the USA he has earned $3.5 million and batted .230
Last year in the US he batted .154

From an onlooker he will drive 2 nights a week at The Meadowlands in the winter months and nowhere else in the US. I would think that the Yonkers winter meet is out of the equation where he was not well received and struggled. Does he try to commute to WEG as well during the winter and drive on Mon & Thurs and then drive Fri-Sat at the Meds? Tough commute in the winter months with the weather conditions.

One would think a better option would be to drive the 4 nights a week at WEG instead and if he wants to drive on WEG off days, he could drive at Flamboro Wednesdays and Sundays. I would think his pocketbook would be a lot better off with this option as he would get a lot more drives.

Last edited by The Inside Scoop; 10-09-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #9
mrroyboy

He may be better off in Canada. Nobody can really count on Meadowlands for a lot of drives with their 2 day schedule.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:29 AM   #10
Sea Biscuit

Here we go again with driver bashing.

Can you tell us who it was who said he was destined for the hall of fame?
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
Sea Biscuit

Woodbine Oct 18

7-Whataworkout 44.20 15.70 9.40 20504

3-Uncle Lasse 4.10 3.00 7916

6-Big Rich 6.40 3779

$2 DAILY DOUBLE (3-7) paid 149.70, pool 10181

$2 EXACTOR (7-3) paid 260.30, pool 24563

$1 SUPERFECTA (7-3-6-4) paid 1977.65, pool 12579

$2 TRIACTOR (7-3-6) paid 787.70, pool 25007

The driver of the 21-1 shot one beat drivers like Gingras, Sears, Ron Pierce
and Takter

1-Fool Me Once 3.60 3.00 2.40 27738

2-Nickle Bag 6.50 4.10 8429

5-Alexie Mattosie 3.60 4160

$2 EXACTOR (1-2) paid 16.90, pool 28104

$1 SUPERFECTA (1-2-5-7) paid 216.90, pool 19335

$2 TRIACTOR (1-2-5) paid 78.10, pool 27870

$1 PICK 3 (3-9-1) paid 484.40, pool 5110

$1 PICK 4 (3-3-9-1) paid 1054.50, pool 70424

Guess who was the driver who won the above 2 races
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
mrroyboy

No one expects perfection from drivers. Just professionalism.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
pandy

Zeron got to 2,000 career wins at a younger age than any driver in history.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
The Inside Scoop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Zeron got to 2,000 career wins at a younger age than any driver in history.
Is that a great accomplishment in this day and age where many drivers race at 2 tracks the same day?

He progressed a lot quicker than many other young drivers starting out but he also had a head start with his last name as his father has many connections which helped his son get more drives than he likely would have gotten, at a young age.

From what I have watched of him, since he has been in the states, he has struggled to the point (because of his non agressive style) where I autotoss him on anything he drives. He has been an afterthought to many trainers and owners when they are listing drivers.

Pandy, you are an astute guy who has been around a long time. Would you want Zeron driving your horse in a million dollar race today? Better yet, would he be someone you would want to have drive all your overnight stock? As a gambler, is he a guy you have no reservations making a large bet on?

As well if you wagered on Murrayfield in the last race Friday night would you have been happy with that drive? How does he not pull and follow the cover of the 2 is beyond me, especially when his horse looked live. If he would have read the program a little more he would have known the 2 was live in there to follow as the horse romped under wraps her last start at Flamboro in 55. How would you not want to follow her 2nd over in there? Worse case scenario is you follow her and if she is no good you go 3 deep around her. At the very least it puts you in position to try and win. Sitting 4th on the rail and staying in does not exactly qualify as having put your horse in a position to win I would think. Staying on the rail and follow a 45-1 in the 2 hole and a 25-1 shot on the front end, usually doesn't bode well when you sit. Its not rocket science here.

Watch it for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWbB...FUM5BJUCIxWKow

I will bet Murrayfield her next start if Zeron is not driving as she was another horse that would have jogged had she been driven agressive which she should have been when she looked very live in the race. She was loaded with pace finishing in another drive where you would want to

Last edited by The Inside Scoop; 10-20-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
pandy

I'm just saying, when a driver is the youngest ever (23) to get to 2,000 wins, that is quite an accomplishment. All other drivers that were precocious like that had great careers. Zeron is also the youngest driver to win the Little Brown Jug.

This year, Zeron has $4.7 million in earnings, 14th in the standings. Only 13 drivers in the sport are having better years than him, and all of them, except for Kakaley, have been in the business much longer than him. I find it hard to knock someone who's doing that good.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply