Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #31
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Thanks for at least acknowledging the weather factor. I do believe that if gas wasn’t so high and the economy wasn’t in such a turmoil Saratoga could have done even better.
This is funny stuff given I posted the following on July 7th....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Handle could well be down at Saratoga, last year's handle was a record by a substantial margin, but the economy is low as far as a possible factor for that. Weather will always be the biggest issue. Lose two Saturdays to rain and you can't be up. Field size is clearly the second biggest factor. Those two variables are also linked.

If field size is the same as 2021, and the weather is comparable, we will likely do similar numbers. Those, however, are big ifs.
The weather was comparable, field size was virtually the same, and we were up almost 8%....but you still pretend gas prices and the economy were a drag on our numbers.

I will continue to assume that you are just trolling as the alternative is kind of scary.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #32
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
I still prefer the nice version of you, Alex.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:33 PM   #33
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
I still prefer the nice version of you, Alex.

Im a nice guy bustin stones..

By the way you had great meet..I sincerely mean that.You get alot of flack but you did great work this past Sar meet.

Job well done.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 02:48 PM   #34
the little guy

Thanks Alex. I always try. Sometimes the results are better than others:-)
Old 09-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #35
westernmassbob

Quote:
This is funny stuff given I posted the following on July 7th....

The weather was comparable, field size was virtually the same, and we were up almost 8%....but you still pretend gas prices and the economy were a drag on our numbers.

I will continue to assume that you are just trolling as the alternative is kind of scary.

I never said the gas prices and economy was a drag I specifically stated the numbers could have been better. No fault of NYRA or Saratoga obviously.

BTW when will you be addressing the groom drug bust and Chad Brown issue ? I mean you comment on EVERYTHING else. Why ignore those topics ?
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 03:33 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
Your bad indeed. The trainer you named in your post (which I deleted) isn't even mentioned in the story.

People wonder why I don't sleep at night.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-06-2022 at 03:34 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 04:20 PM   #37
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
I never said the gas prices and economy was a drag I specifically stated the numbers could have been better. No fault of NYRA or Saratoga obviously.

BTW when will you be addressing the groom drug bust and Chad Brown issue ? I mean you comment on EVERYTHING else. Why ignore those topics ?
If NBC (with Mike Tirico) broadcast the Travers, they would not of ducked the Chad Brown issue. I was surprised FOX said nothing at all about it.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 05:36 PM   #38
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
If NBC (with Mike Tirico) broadcast the Travers, they would not of ducked the Chad Brown issue. I was surprised FOX said nothing at all about it.
I agree. The Chad Brown issue and the groom drug bust. Any other sport with a scandal tied to it Fox has covered. Why does Chad Brown specifically get a pass ? The only reason I can come up with is he has something on someone. The guy is bold too. He was in the winners circle several times with a smug look on his face. Given the situation NYRA should have at the very least suspended him from the track pending the hearing.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 06:30 PM   #39
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
They addressed it the day it became public. There wasn't really much to say then, and really isn't now either. What are they supposed to do other than report the known facts, which they did?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 06:45 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I agree. The Chad Brown issue and the groom drug bust. Any other sport with a scandal tied to it Fox has covered. Why does Chad Brown specifically get a pass ? The only reason I can come up with is he has something on someone. The guy is bold too. He was in the winners circle several times with a smug look on his face. Given the situation NYRA should have at the very least suspended him from the track pending the hearing.
Troll or insane? You decide...

Chad Brown has something on someone! That's why FOX wasn't saying anything!

Old 09-06-2022, 08:01 PM   #41
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

As they like to say over at Instapundit:

Embrace the power of AND...

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply