Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Rochester is a sanctuary city.
The Mayor, Lovely Warren says theses illegals make the city what it is today.

She is correct.
Rochester is a cesspool.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing View Post
I don't get it!,Back in the 70's and 80's if I was here a bit longer then my visa,I trembled at the word Immigration!! And got my ass back to Canada.Now 20 yrs later,I obeyed the US laws to a T. My wife and I went thought the process of coming to the US and getting legal..We paid a hefty sum and it took a agonizing 4 1/2 years. How on earth can these people be protected when there are millions that have obeyed the laws..If they have sanctuary cities then each person who paid to come here should get a refund! This is a kick in the teeth to law abiding citizens.
Stop making so much sense.

The Governor of Texas is frothing at the mouth and trying to get law passed to lock up sanctuary cities Mayors and whomever goes along with it. Including county sheriffs

Last edited by JustRalph; 03-29-2017 at 11:00 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 AM   #18
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
It's takes about 5 seconds to google and learn. In fact, you could have looked it up yourself quicker than it took you to start this thread.

But it's probably more fun to this way. Especially if you want to learn zip.
Stinks, you may be right about googling to learn things. I like to hear points of views from live bloggers. And there are quite a few I respect.

I have a great amount of suspicion about Google though i use the browser sometimes. That company took stand against the Temp. pause of Trump, for instance. And they will be the first in line to take Trump's tax cuts. Greed has a place in business but ultimate greed and lack of patriotism for the country in favor of few coins? No, IMO.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #19
chadk66

I actually think your going to see some city officials, politicians, etc. prosecuted. Wonder what they'll think when that starts.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #20
Marshall Bennett

Google news has to be the most anti-Trump news organization in existence. Even their entertainment, business, and sports often have stories bashing Trump and his family. I can't read any of it anymore. A bus load of angry hateful journalist that shouldn't be reporting news for anybody.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #21
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I actually think your going to see some city officials, politicians, etc. prosecuted. Wonder what they'll think when that starts.

Again, just follow the Kash....It should get very interesting and Very hostile eventually..

Trying to get at the Gangsters from the inside out, now that is a tough process...Lotta "TOES"...
Old 03-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
Clocker

Progressives have problems with really hard stuff, like math. And the logic of cause and effect.

Quote:
Illegal immigrants in the United States make up approximately 3.5% of the nation’s entire population. According to data compiled from the U.S. Sentencing Commission for fiscal year 2015, illegal immigrants were responsible for 30.2 percent of convictions for kidnapping/hostage taking, 17.8 percent of convictions for drug trafficking, 11.6 percent of convictions for fraud, 10.4 percent of convictions for money laundering, 6.1 percent of convictions for assault, and 5.5 percent of convictions for murder. So much for the myth spread by the pro-illegal immigrant crowd that illegal immigrants commit serious crimes at a much lower rate than U.S.-born citizens.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266260/sanctuary-cities-choose-criminals-over-citizens-joseph-klein
Old 03-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #23
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Liberal ideology at work. Little logic in most of what they believe in.
There is a great deal of logic to it. Using data, not anecdotes. we find that incarceration rates among illegal immigrants is much lower than among native born Americans of a similar education level. We also find that in sanctuary cities, illegal immigrants are much more likely to report a crime, cooperate in a police investigation, send their kids to school and avail themselves of community services than they are in situations where they are fearful of deportation.

They are also more likely to find and keep a job. Which means they pay taxes. Which means they help to pay for those community services they avail themselves of.

On the other hand we have the conservative logic which says everyone but me is a freeloader and unworthy of serious consideration.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #24
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore View Post
What is the logic behind a fight with Feds to justify protecting illegals (criminal) and criminal illegals? That is , those who have committed more crimes. What are the benefits to a city? cheap labor? a vote (fradulent) or what?
Seriously, nobody really wants this but they want to 'get back' at Trump for winning a fair democratic election, they're willing to risk their families, their cities and their lives. It has nothing to do with being pro-whatever, it's just 'stick it to Trump' believe me, most people of any political affiliation want a safer hometown, sticking it to Trump is worth it to them.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #25
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
Seriously, nobody really wants this but they want to 'get back' at Trump for winning a fair democratic election, they're willing to risk their families, their cities and their lives. It has nothing to do with being pro-whatever, it's just 'stick it to Trump' believe me
Not so. Trump and Sessions are bringing it to greater attention, but this has been around for over 30 years. It was an issue in the 2008 presidential election.

From Wiki:

Quote:
Berkeley, California became the first city government in the United States to pass a sanctuary resolution on November 8, 1971.

San Francisco declared itself a sanctuary city in 1989, and city officials strengthened the stance in 2013 with its 'Due Process for All' ordinance. The law declared local authorities could not hold immigrants for immigration officials if they had no violent felonies on their records and did not currently face charges.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #26
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
There is a great deal of logic to it. Using data, not anecdotes. we find that incarceration rates among illegal immigrants is much lower than among native born Americans of a similar education level. We also find that in sanctuary cities, illegal immigrants are much more likely to report a crime, cooperate in a police investigation, send their kids to school and avail themselves of community services than they are in situations where they are fearful of deportation.

They are also more likely to find and keep a job. Which means they pay taxes. Which means they help to pay for those community services they avail themselves of.

On the other hand we have the conservative logic which says everyone but me is a freeloader and unworthy of serious consideration.
Why did Obama deport more illegals than any President before him in the entire history of our country? Surely he knew of these stats, right?

He actually deported more people under his watch than Clinton and W combined.

Surely you were promoting rights for illegals during the Obama administration, right?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Why did Obama deport more illegals than any President before him in the entire history of our country? Surely he knew of these stats, right?

He actually deported more people under his watch than Clinton and W combined.

Surely you were promoting rights for illegals during the Obama administration, right?
They played with the metric of what constituted " A Deportation " so the actual hands on walk across the border number is not that great.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #28
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
They played with the metric of what constituted " A Deportation " so the actual hands on walk across the border number is not that great.
So the official ICE numbers are incorrect?

https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/2016
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #29
delayjf

Trump should pass a law allowing citizens to sue the offending jurisdictions and the responsible officials in federal court when they are harmed by illegal aliens that the jurisdictions/Officials release back onto the streets.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 07:30 PM   #30
delayjf

Quote:
Not in CA, to pay for the cost of educating their kids they would have to have an income of 60K a year, the fact is the children of illegal aliens are a huge cost to the state of CA.

When filing taxes, they declare enough dependents to receive all their pay and then get refunds from the IRS when they declare child tax credits for all the kids they claim on their tax returns. Believe me, they know what they are doing and have plenty of help and advise to gain the system.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: