Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #181
Copyroomjim

Today TVG shows a split screen with a GP optional claimer and grade 1 from Kee with the audio from GP. Beyond stupid, regardless of Todd's pronouncement they were doing it because they were equally important.
Copyroomjim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #182
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyroomjim
Today TVG shows a split screen with a GP optional claimer and grade 1 from Kee with the audio from GP. Beyond stupid, regardless of Todd's pronouncement they were doing it because they were equally important.
They have never led with 'equally important'...they'll show a post parade for a 2500 claiming quarter horse before they show a live race from the Meadowlands with a 500k purse.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #183
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyroomjim

Made it back home in time for the Ashland and caught this broadcast...pretty shitty, imo.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #184
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The race was shown on HRTV live and on the whole screen. I'm sure it was something contractual, going to take some time to work all this stuff out.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #185
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They have never led with 'equally important'...they'll show a post parade for a 2500 claiming quarter horse before they show a live race from the Meadowlands with a 500k purse.
That's because Los Alamitos is a partner track. How many times do you need to be told this?
Old 04-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #186
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
That's because Los Alamitos is a partner track. How many times do you need to be told this?
It doesn't matter because my point is that they don't lead with "importance" for whatever reason.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #187
RarifiedAir
Veteran

The thing is... some (we know them) aren't entertaining they're just annoying. If they really were entertaining that would be fine.

I love Perloff I put him on every Tuesday for his 2 to 3 hours. Sarge is also very good. I also love they got Kurt Hoover he's excellent. He teamed up with another good announcer when I would watch Hollywood Friday nights in the late 90's. Wish I could remember his name.

As for Shrutte... wow. How many times did he mention Kentucky basketball yesterday? He was strangle-able.

As for TVG as a whole I like it I am not a basher. But the people who bash make some good points. If TVG wasn't relevant this thread wouldn't be so big. Like many here I enjoy having it on the big screen to pass the time. I've never thought of it as a handicapping tool.
RarifiedAir is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #188
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarifiedAir
The thing is... some (we know them) aren't entertaining they're just annoying. If they really were entertaining that would be fine.

I love Perloff I put him on every Tuesday for his 2 to 3 hours. Sarge is also very good. I also love they got Kurt Hoover he's excellent. He teamed up with another good announcer when I would watch Hollywood Friday nights in the late 90's. Wish I could remember his name.

As for Shrutte... wow. How many times did he mention Kentucky basketball yesterday? He was strangle-able.

As for TVG as a whole I like it I am not a basher. But the people who bash make some good points. If TVG wasn't relevant this thread wouldn't be so big. Like many here I enjoy having it on the big screen to pass the time. I've never thought of it as a handicapping tool.
Funny you should mention Shrutte and Tool in the same post.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #189
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Funny you should mention Shrutte and Tool in the same post.
Who the hell is Shrutte? Wasn't he a character on the Office? Come on, at least get the name right. Gives you a bit more credibility. I'm guess you mean Todd Schrupp.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #190
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Who the hell is Shrutte? Wasn't he a character on the Office? Come on, at least get the name right. Gives you a bit more credibility. I'm guess you mean Todd Schrupp.
[YT="Here's your guy Dunc"]F0HT9QpH_sQ[/YT]
Old 04-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #191
thespaah

Quote:
Why pay to watch RTN online when you get the same feeds on an ADW??
Ahh...A very astute question......Here's the problem. I live in a non wagering state( NC) so to my knowledge I cannot bet so the video would not be available to me....I could be wrong about this.
I would be most appreciative to receive any assistance on this..
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #192
fmolf

all were gonna get is a steady diet of the stronach tracks and whatever tracks are offering them the best split on monies wagered thru their (TVGs) adw....very simple economics in my book..That they actually give a damn(as they claim).... about showing us the best racing is ludicrious!...we all want more 5 horse fields from Pimlico and Golden Gate right?
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #193
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

Just because TVG shows a track doesn't mean you have to follow or bet it....
Old 04-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #194
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFigs
Just because TVG shows a track doesn't mean you have to follow or bet it....
OH NO i've been doing it wrong all these years!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #195
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

At least there are horse racing networks. Could go back to the days when racing was rarely shown except on a big raceday. Either way people will complain.