Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-02-2022, 11:06 PM   #1
mostpost

Kansas Abortion Rights Referendum.

Kansas voters have overwhelmingly rejected an attempt to remove abortion rights from the state Constitution. Currently with 80% of the vote in, the initiative is losing 62% to 38%. This in a state that went for Trump by 15% in 2020.

The Republican legislature put the initiative on the ballot in the primary because they thought no one would come out to vote. Instead, record numbers for a Kansas primary came out.

This has consequences beyond abortion. I have been saying all along that issues of abortion, gun safety and voter suppression are going to motivate Democratic and independent voters in November.

I think that will be even more significant than I originally thought.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So will the cheating...just like 2020
Old 08-02-2022, 11:24 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Someone needs to investigate this referendum voting. It might reveal new tactics and methods being tested for 2022 and beyond.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:39 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Voter suppression is a made up problem, and long lines to vote are almost always in Democrat run areas. "Gun safety", only people who are stupid enough to think criminals will obey gun laws want more gun laws. There are plenty of Republicans who are pro choice. You keep dreaming, thinking Democrats won't get stomped in November shows how delusional you are, which you have to be to believe in the pathetic joke the Biden administration is.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2022, 11:42 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So will the cheating...just like 2020
Idiotic response.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:43 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Someone needs to investigate this referendum voting. It might reveal new tactics and methods being tested for 2022 and beyond.
Make that two idiotic responses.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #7
Striker

You’ve been killing it with your predictions, keep riding that wave.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So stop your whinning and lying about abortion be outlawed.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:14 PM   #9
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Kansas voters have overwhelmingly rejected an attempt to remove abortion rights from the state Constitution. Currently with 80% of the vote in, the initiative is losing 62% to 38%. This in a state that went for Trump by 15% in 2020.

The Republican legislature put the initiative on the ballot in the primary because they thought no one would come out to vote. Instead, record numbers for a Kansas primary came out.

This has consequences beyond abortion. I have been saying all along that issues of abortion, gun safety and voter suppression are going to motivate Democratic and independent voters in November.

Wait were you not harping how the Court banned it.. how can a State have a vote on it if it was BANNED. Oh that's right they just removed the unconstitutional federal finger from the mix.

Now does the Kansas State Constitution garrentee abortion on demand up till birth. I doubt it... most people (non democrats) understand that abortion within reason is reasonable and should be available. Up to a point... which the States Legislation can set.

So I don't think this is as big a win for the Democrats you think it is... nor will this translate into that jackass stampede your hoping for come November.

Especially with that pending fresh tax hike backstab wound from Manchin, Schumer and the rest of the Democrat Klan.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:17 PM   #10
delayjf

The amendment was billed as a total ban on abortion. Currently Kansas allows for abortion up to 20 weeks after conceptions, Otherwise abortions are only allowed for the health and life of the mother. As is, Kansas is already more restrictive than a lot of states.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #11
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
The amendment was billed as a total ban on abortion. Currently Kansas allows for abortion up to 20 weeks after conceptions, Otherwise abortions are only allowed for the health and life of the mother. As is, Kansas is already more restrictive than a lot of states.
20 weeks is a GREAT number for democrats to rally around
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2022, 07:22 PM   #12
myohmyjustify

Quote:

This was the purpose of the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, to make it a STATE issue. Let the voters decide if they want abortions available on demand or not.

We both know the Supreme Court ruling did not BAN abortions. Only idiots, partisans and Democrats believe that.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2022, 12:35 AM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
This was the purpose of the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, to make it a STATE issue. Let the voters decide if they want abortions available on demand or not.

We both know the Supreme Court ruling did not BAN abortions. Only idiots, partisans and Democrats believe that.
I know the Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs did not ban abortions. It did make it possible, likely in many cases for states to ban them. It also made it possible for Congress to ban abortions nationwide, should Republicans gain control.

In the case of Kansas, the state Constitution guaranteed the right to an abortion. The defeated amendment would have taken away that right.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #14
Elkchester Road

Quote:

Right. So many of your predictions have been spot on.

It's entertaining listening to you rattle.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:36 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

The 13 percenters have convinced themselves that abortion rights issues are going to get every Democrat dead or alive out to the polls in November, not realizing a lot of Republicans are pro choice. This has even been brought up on the liberal propaganda CBS, NBC, and ABC national news. Those that think Biden is doing a great job will probably also join Charlie Brown waiting for the Great Pumpkin on Halloween night.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply