Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:20 PM   #3286
lamboguy

when i got down to Florida last month, i got on the courtesy bus and went to Thrifty car rental where i had a reservation. i got there gave the clerk my license and credit card and signed the contract. someone went outside to get me a car and there wasn't one for thrifty. they shared the same building with Hertz and Dollar rent a car. the guy says to me, we don't have any cars but we will get you one from one of these other places. they didn't have any cars either. the guy tells me that i can have the next car that comes into the building. about a half-hour later a Nissan Altima appears. they take the car and clean it up and make sure it's full of gas. i wound up with that car. the car has 60,000 miles on it and i get in it. the lights all lit up like a Christmas tree. but at that point, i really didn't care. i had my dog with me and i just wanted to make it home and go to bed.

i was thinking, the car i got only took them about 20 minutes for them to get the car ready for me. if it was an electric car it might have taken 2 hours or more to charge up the battery. i read that Hertz ordered 100,000 electric cars and canceled them about 3 weeks later. i wonder if they have second thoughts about electric cars for rentals
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #3287
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The world is a ****ing mess and getting worse by the minute.

Nobody gives a shit anymore. They just worry about what will be posted next on twitter or TikTok.

Can you imagine relying on the last few generations of kids to fight a war in the future?

As much as the world has fundamentally and RADICALLY changed recently, it's going to get exponentially WORSE in the coming years.

Thank you neoliberals.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-21-2022 at 07:24 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2022, 07:31 PM   #3288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nasdaq futures down 320+ points...

Oil futures up almost $3 to almost $94 a barrel. Remember when oil futures were trading BELOW ZERO? Anyone??

How did you NOT buy every oil futures contract you could get when it went back up to $.50 to $1?

Hell, even if you were cautious and waited until it was back to $20/barrel you could have made a small fortune relatively quickly.

https://time.com/5824353/oil-stock-may-negative/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...raders-pounced

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-21-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #3289
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i just saw that. the cryto currencies look like they are headed to hell.

Finally
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2022, 12:35 PM   #3290
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Since June 2021 , when I started my own trading....

Right now , I am down 10% off the high.....

S&P , down off high....9.9%

With all my diverse trading Bonds , ETF's , Dividend Stocks

It comes out to the same shit....

If I just put ALL my money in say...VOO.....

In June $393.....Now $395.......I would have been way ahead....and less headaches!!!

Tip for the new people investing.....

Mike
Old 02-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #3291
geroge.burns99
Veteran

OK here we are 4300 level....

2 hrs trading left

Which way ya wanna go ?????
Old 02-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #3292
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
I’ll keep selling. Piles of cash look pretty good right now.

The January “dip” is just the beginning

Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2022, 01:22 PM   #3293
geroge.burns99
Veteran

RED FLAG

In recent past this signaled BUYING.....
Old 02-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #3294
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post

In June $393.....Now $395.......I would have been way ahead....and less headaches!!!

Mike

What dividend stocks do you have? Mine have certainly dipped but they have held up better than the overall market.

For years I traded alot more individual stocks without any real plan. It sucked balls. In 2017 I decided I had to have a plan that I could stick to come hell or highwater. I'm a CPA so I'm disciplined down to the penny of what I laid out.

I have 35% of my money in VOO
I have 35% of my money in SCHD
The remaining 30% goes into 15 dividend stocks 2% of the fund each (ones with price appreciation still on the bone, none of this 10% yield no growth bullshit). No more than 3 of them in the same sector. Usually best in class companies with comically good balance sheets and plenty of room to grow dividends.

This strategy has held up well enough that I find myself confident in dumping lots more $$$ into the account than I ever did before. I review positions once a month and usually buy individual stocks on the ex dividend date. I'm surgical about this shit.

Last edited by Rex Phinney; 02-22-2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:27 PM   #3295
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post

Mike
i say this a million times, buts its all you really have to know, believe, because its 100% true.

THE JOB OF THE MARKETS IS TO TAKE THE MOST AMOUNT OF MONEY AWAY FROM THE MOST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME.

what that means is there is no such thing as a system that can work over the course of time. what i have been noticing lately is that the people that clean up their positions on a daily basis do better than the ones that "invest" and stay in overnight. but that will change too... lately i just picked out a timeframe that is going on now until the end of March which should work if you are positioned to go short. just remember that when you short equities you are responsible to pay all dividends which occur while you are in your positions, including ETF's long or short. for that matter, i think that ETF's got to be the worst way to play the markets along with mutuel funds.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:44 PM   #3296
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for that matter, i think that ETF's got to be the worst way to play the markets along with mutuel funds.

#1. Everyone has to decide if they are a trader or an investor

#2. I do income taxes for a living, most people buying and selling on a daily/ regular basis suck at it (including "financial advisors" and brokers). I see their end of the year statements, thousands of people every year. ETF's generally smoke individual trades for an investor. That's why they have become so popular
Old 02-22-2022, 03:40 PM   #3297
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Soon the market is going to realize COVID is kinda over....that will probably be the first major short squeeze of this ongoing correction.

I think this Russia/Ukraine stuff is baby shit as far as the markets are concerned.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-22-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:47 PM   #3298
lamboguy

DWAC is the Trump social media. that is the acquisition company for the spac. and that baby is strong.

why is this thing so strong? its because Twitter is brain dead... you should short Twitter and go long DWAC with the credit you get from shorting Twitter.

Twitter should have let people post whatever they want to post and not ban anything. by censoring things they have legitimized the parties that got censored. so what has happened is they accomplished the exact opposite of what they intended to do.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #3299
lamboguy

Market Phsychology

these markets are going down from the point where people think that there is only 1 direction going up, the bottom will come in when everyone hates stocks and think they will never go up.

i have a Bloomberg screen. when it slows down, which it did late in the day, means there are a lot of sellers in the market.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:14 PM   #3300
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Stocks up After Hours....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: