Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:41 PM   #2776
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Do you think that they are parking moneys outside these United States?
all the big high-tech company's do.. Apple buys German Bunds with a negative interest rate that I know of. some convert over to gold and pay to store that as well.. Microstrategy buys Bitcoin. if they have a big treasury's at least some of it is parked outside the United States banking system.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2021, 11:51 PM   #2777
fast4522

I am a Mil-Aero thinking sort when it comes to trends. Missing base points and other nomenclature stock people talk about for this and that. Its guns or butter, this administration obviously looking for the later.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEO.jpg (16.7 KB, 15 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #2778
lamboguy

Fidelity and Wellington stopped selling Barrick (GOLD) about a week ago.. they haven't been on the buy-side though.. they are a really good indicator to mirror in the gold mining business, or should I say have been in the past.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #2779
geroge.burns99
Veteran

the feds , again, talked about rates...

but it was directed for 2023.....

market plunged anyway....

lets see if it holds up...rally tomorrow..

buy low now......sell tomorrow afternoon
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2021, 08:33 AM   #2780
FakeNameChanged

Moderna -last two days

Yesterday Moderna plunged $71 and $99 in the last two days. The news was mostly favorable yesterday saying that Moderna's vaccine shows a 70+% success rate against the new variant while Pfizer's only a 40+% against the same. IIRC, Johnson and Johnson's vaccine is below Moderna's success rate as well.

So how did JNJ and PFE do yesterday. JNJ was basically flat at +.03 and Pfizer down $1.88.

Fundamentally, I do think Moderna is way overheated for what they can do going forward, and some analysts have said the same, but these price movement make little sense, as usual.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #2781
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Yesterday Moderna plunged $71 and $99 in the last two days. The news was mostly favorable yesterday saying that Moderna's vaccine shows a 70+% success rate against the new variant while Pfizer's only a 40+% against the same. IIRC, Johnson and Johnson's vaccine is below Moderna's success rate as well.

So how did JNJ and PFE do yesterday. JNJ was basically flat at +.03 and Pfizer down $1.88.

Fundamentally, I do think Moderna is way overheated for what they can do going forward, and some analysts have said the same, but these price movement make little sense, as usual.
Tell me something.....

Since this is a Global Pandemic....

Are these companies working together to get the best possible cure?

or are they saying " mine is saving more than yours....HAHAHAHA"

or "yours just killed 1600 , hope you do better next time"

GB
Old 08-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #2782
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Tell me something.....

Since this is a Global Pandemic....

Are these companies working together to get the best possible cure?

or are they saying " mine is saving more than yours....HAHAHAHA"

or "yours just killed 1600 , hope you do better next time"

GB
Serious question? Companies only work together to maximize profits,if they do at all.

I predicted something to family members last year when all the work from home jobs had been implemented. Google fulfilled my prediction this week. They announced that WFH employees would be receiving up to a 15% salary reduction. Meanwhile all the execs got nice bonuses, and big pay increases. Profits have soared for a lot of big corps. these past two years, unless they're in travel, food service, hotels, airlines, rental cars, etc.
I was planning a trip to the west coast later this year, not looking forward to getting stranded somewhere.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:41 PM   #2783
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Serious question? Companies only work together to maximize profits,if they do at all.

I predicted something to family members last year when all the work from home jobs had been implemented. Google fulfilled my prediction this week. They announced that WFH employees would be receiving up to a 15% salary reduction. Meanwhile all the execs got nice bonuses, and big pay increases. Profits have soared for a lot of big corps. these past two years, unless they're in travel, food service, hotels, airlines, rental cars, etc.
I was planning a trip to the west coast later this year, not looking forward to getting stranded somewhere.
What was reason for reduction in salary?
Old 08-12-2021, 10:56 PM   #2784
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Get Out of Everything before Market Closes on Friday the 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
It's no longer an outlier....

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2021, 11:05 PM   #2785
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

One of these days, the doom guys are going to be correct.

Question is...how much pain can you endure until that day comes?

People have been calling tops in this thread for quite a while...lots of pain to be found there...
Old 08-12-2021, 11:17 PM   #2786
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

More....Scroll down to FRED Economic Data

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2021, 04:13 AM   #2787
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
What was reason for reduction in salary?
Let's say for example: You were a Google employee working in SanFrancisco, your company says now you no longer have to commute, the normal 90 -120 minutes to work, both ways, or live in super expensive SanFran or Seattle, your health and car insurance will most likely be cheaper. If children at home, no daycare expenses. A lot of employees went out for lunch at least 2-3 times a week, or ate at a company cafeteria, so employees are saving money there. And don't forget that $5 or $7 latte at Starbucks every morning.

But do you want to know the real reason, and I've sat in enough meetings with top execs to know how they think, and what's been said? There's no way in Hades, that most WFH employees are working as much or as long as they would in the company office. No way.

Companies, save by not having as many managers over those missing employees, Offices and whole buildings have been closed or not rented. less building maintenance required. It takes a lot of power to run even a rented building, and heat one in cold climates. The list goes on for the savings.

So, let's say other companies follow Google's lead on this, and they will or have already. Here's my next prediction. Those WFH employees will almost always get their work done in a concentrated four hours or less from home. I know the few times I had the ability to do that, or was consulting and working from home, I focused and got it done quickly. Those WFHomers will eventually have two WFH jobs, if they have any skills at all. Cut my pay, and I'm looking to supplement it pretty darn quickly.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:08 AM   #2788
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

"There's no way in Hades, that most WFH employees are working as much or as long as they would in the company office. No way."

But they're doing the SAME work...presumably. Whatever needs to get done...will get done...or it will get noticed.

So...the only explanation is, they were UNDERUTILIZED at BOTH office AND home...the only difference is, while at the office, they had to WORK HARDER at PRETENDING they were busy.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-13-2021 at 10:14 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #2789
lamboguy

last night i was driving underneath a bridge in Cambridge. there were 4 people working on that bridge @ 3 a.m.. 1 person was welding the other 3 were on their cellphones shooting the shit. came back about 30 minutes later and saw a different guy on the lift welding away. the other 3 were shooting the shit. they could have been running an internet business while on the ground. when you work the graveyard shift you get double pay, probably something like $120 per hour. nice country for certain people here.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #2790
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Love your convictions, right or wrong.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply