Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Niko

Ingrid Mason

Who the heck is Ingrid Mason (at Arlington right now) and who did she learn from?

38% out of the blocks-wow!
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
tbwinner

I believe she's a former jockey, now turned trainer. Started down at Oaklawn this past meet, was 57% ITM (43% WIN). Pretty small barn operation I believe (10 horses?)...looks like she'll be expanding though soon if this keeps going on.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
InsideThePylons-MW

She rode Arabians in CA for a while years ago.
InsideThePylons-MW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
illinoisbred

She started last year late in the Arlington meet-I'm guessing around the 1st of August 09. Began with George Ditola owned stock that Rivelli either culled or had taken away from him. She's had a very high win % from the start.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Niko

thanks everyone, maybe she learned from Rivelli who is also tearing it up, and maybe they have the same vet. Anyways quite a start. To win at that rate she has to know her horses.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisbred
She started last year late in the Arlington meet-I'm guessing around the 1st of August 09. Began with George Ditola owned stock that Rivelli either culled or had taken away from him. She's had a very high win % from the start.

Didn't she train horses for herself back in 2004 and 2005? I think she had 5 different runner's..She win 2 races from 16 starts..
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Didn't she train horses for herself back in 2004 and 2005? I think she had 5 different runner's..She win 2 races from 16 starts..
I just found an article that states she began training around the 1st of September of 09,and won her 1st career race closing day at Arlington. Before that,she was booking appointments for trainers for use of an oxygen chamber.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
jotb

Quote:
I just found an article that states she began training around the 1st of September of 09,and won her 1st career race closing day at Arlington. Before that,she was booking appointments for trainers for use of an oxygen chamber.
Then who was the trainer of Tech Two, Freedom Rocks, Here's The Queen, Diamond Trip and Blanks Finalle..
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Then who was the trainer of Tech Two, Freedom Rocks, Here's The Queen, Diamond Trip and Blanks Finalle..
Familiar names but you've got me stumped. I wish I still had the PPs from those years-threw them away last winter.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Maybe that's the same hyperbaric chamber that Frank Calabrese (& his horses & trainers), & Larry Rivelli & Wayne Catalano have access to as well.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko
thanks everyone, maybe she learned from Rivelli who is also tearing it up, and maybe they have the same vet. Anyways quite a start. To win at that rate she has to know her horses.
Google her-some interesting material. She had her owner/trainer license suspended as a result of a drug overage at Bay Meadows(a no-show at the hearing). Paid a $4,000 fine in 2008 to restore her standing.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
Niko

Quote:
Google her-some interesting material. She had her owner/trainer license suspended as a result of a drug overage at Bay Meadows(a no-show at the hearing). Paid a $4,000 fine in 2008 to restore her standing.
Good stuff, thanks. It's like Kevin Bacon's 6 degrees of separation with the top Illinois trainers..... only it's 1-2 degrees.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Striker

The hyperbaric chamber is George Ditola's(cost around 100k) and he charges Calabrese and Rivelli a hefty sum to use it unless Rivelli is training his horse. As far as Catalano I don't know if he uses it or not.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
The hyperbaric chamber is George Ditola's(cost around 100k) and he charges Calabrese and Rivelli a hefty sum to use it unless Rivelli is training his horse. As far as Catalano I don't know if he uses it or not.
Catalano owns his and it is at his farm near Elgin,Il..
Old 06-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
illinoisbred

Isn't it time to really consider banning the use of hyperbaric chambers? After all,and someone correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't the end result basically the same as the use of "milkshakes"-increased oxygen levels in red blood cells limiting the build-up of lactic acid in muscle tissue? The results speak for it's effectiveness-Catalano winning at 30%(actually low for him),Canani at 53%,Rivelli at 34%,and Mason at 50%-a combined 57 winners from 152 starters.The big difference here seems to be the absence of a "threshold",or "levels of tolerance" with the chamber.

Last edited by illinoisbred; 06-07-2010 at 01:35 PM.