Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
dasch

Fix-Six 2?

I know most of the attention was on the GP rainbow six on Thursday but there is something very unsettling about the pick 6 from Santa Anita on that same day.

There was $100k+ in the carryover and over 700K in the final pool.

I was initially surprised that there were live tickets to ALL of the horses in the 8th race after there were $43 and $60 winners already. Due to the high cost of $2 combinations usually just a couple of mid priced winners knock out most tickets and after those big priced winners I found it very hard to believe anybody could be alive to a horse like Mr Cappuccino(who ended up going off at 111-1). But somebody WAS alive to him and every other horse in the 11 horse field. The favorite won the last leg, it paid 125k and I forgot all about it.....

........until this morning on the radio I heard that the ticket that had Mr Cappuccino and all of the other IMPOSSIBLE horses to have in the last race actually went ALL-ALL in the last 2 races........sound familiar??
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=101243
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch
I know most of the attention was on the GP rainbow six on Thursday but there is something very unsettling about the pick 6 from Santa Anita on that same day.

I was initially surprised that there were live tickets to ALL of the horses in the 8th race after there were $43 and $60 winners already. Due to the high cost of $2 combinations usually just a couple of mid priced winners knock out most tickets and after those big priced winners I found it very hard to believe anybody could be alive to a horse like Mr Cappuccino(who ended up going off at 111-1). But somebody WAS alive to him and every other horse in the 11 horse field. The favorite won the last leg, it paid 125k and I forgot all about it.....

........until this morning on the radio I heard that the ticket that had Mr Cappuccino and all of the other IMPOSSIBLE horses to have in the last race actually went ALL-ALL in the last 2 races........sound familiar??
It stinks to high heaven but its business as usual, they'll 'investigate' and say "it was legit" and we will be on our merry way. They'll tell us nothing to see here, time to keep moving. That's how it usually ends up playing out.

I've been following SA and the So Cal pick 6s for almost a decade now and i dont ever remember horses like this ever being covered......i've seen sequences with large pools and chalky starts and those types of horses are STILL usually uncovered. But, to get a 43 dollar winner and a 60 dollar winner and they're COVERED?

These horses were almost not covered in the PICK FOUR and that's a 50 cent bet. I think there might have been 1 or 2 stray 50 cent tickets on these horses in the pick 4 and yet, here they are, with 2 dollars of pick 6 money on each of them.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 02-23-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
dasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
It stinks to high heaven but its business as usual, they'll 'investigate' and say "it was legit" and we will be on our merry way. They'll tell us nothing to see here, time to keep moving. That's how it usually ends up playing out.

I've been following SA and the So Cal pick 6s for almost a decade now and i dont ever remember horses like this ever being covered......i've seen sequences with large pools and chalky starts and those types of horses are STILL usually uncovered. But, to get a 43 dollar winner and a 60 dollar winner and they're COVERED?

These horses were almost not covered in the PICK FOUR and that's a 50 cent bet. I think there might have been 1 or 2 stray 50 cent tickets on these horses in the pick 4 and yet, here they are, with 2 dollars of pick 6 money on each of them.
I agree 100%. You can see I have been a member here for almost 3 years and this is the 1st time I have ever posted. I felt I had to make sure at least this doesn't go unnoticed.

I also have watched these pools for years and was initially extremely surprised of the horses that were covered in the last race, but to later find out it was a ticket that went ALL-ALL in the last 2 races....ridiculous.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I agree 100%. You can see I have been a member here for almost 3 years and this is the 1st time I have ever posted. I felt I had to make sure at least this doesn't go unnoticed.

I also have watched these pools for years and was initially extremely surprised of the horses that were covered in the last race, but to later find out it was a ticket that went ALL-ALL in the last 2 races....ridiculous.
If its ALL ALL in the last two races.......how is it possible that person had a 43 dollar winner and a 60 dollar winner without going ALL and ALL in those races too? Must have been a 20-50k ticket or more with 4 alls in there.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
Scav

And look at today's which while it was a different card entirely, same pool sizes, haven't had a single horse over $15 and it is 5 of 6 for 4 horses out of 9

Last edited by Scav; 02-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Scav is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
And look at today's which while it was a different card entirely, same pool sizes, haven't had a single horse over $15 and it is 5 of 6 for 4 horses out of 9
Bingo.

Not only that, but out of the horses who were uncovered, the 8 horse actually showed she could run a bit on paper/video. Those slugs the other day that were covered couldnt run a lick and never showed anything...they were horses who wouldnt be able to win a 2,500 mdn claimer at Los Al.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
If its ALL ALL in the last two races.......how is it possible that person had a 43 dollar winner and a 60 dollar winner without going ALL and ALL in those races too? Must have been a 20-50k ticket or more with 4 alls in there.
The $60 winner was in race 7.
They did go ALL in race 7 if they finished with ALL-ALL. (race 8 ended the pick6)

I understand what you guys are saying regarding the all-all to finish, being similar to the earlier fix that was exposed.

The dead giveaway would be if the other winners were all singled (including the $40 winner).

If not, it is very logical to see why a big player or syndicate would spread the mdn claiming 4th($40), the mdn claiming 8th, and the starter allowance turf 7th($60).

glad we have vigilant horseplayers, and I hope they DO investigate to see if the 4th race was singled, but also can't be too quick to cry foul on everything....

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-24-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
AndyC

Quote:

I see absolutely nothing even remotely suspect about that SA P-6 on Thursday. There were two 3/2 favorites, one 3-1, one 5.4-1 and 2 prices. Could of been had on a rather short ticket.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
affirmedny

Somebody else thinks it's unusual:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-...unusual-ticket
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer

The dead giveaway would be if the other winners were all singled (including the $40 winner).

If not, it is very logical to see why a big player or syndicate would spread the mdn claiming 4th($40)....
Ticket only went 3 deep in the 4th.
That's a little surprising. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it makes it a much less logical sequence on the surface.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-24-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Why would you go ALL in the last race if you could safely toss out the 2 no hopers? That makes no sense to me at all. You could have tossed those two horses out and used one or two more horses in some other legs....ya know, horses who weren't no hopers.

Ticket alarmingly close to Chris Harn's structure, Harn said he was able to get into the system after the first 4 legs were complete, but him and his boys werent that smart, they went with 4 singles.

If you are the type of bettor who uses ALL, why would you not ALL another leg and in the last leg, use ALL but 1 or ALL but 2?

But, i guess in Canada you dont have to 'sign' for the ticket, so, nobody knows the identity of the winner to see if he has a penchant for this type of strategy in the way he bets pick 6s?

Im sure track owner Stronach is proud, ya know, the winner being from Canada and all.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If you could rig the system, why would you spend $9,000 to do so? Why not $4,500 and save a little cash?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
If you could rig the system, why would you spend $9,000 to do so? Why not $4,500 and save a little cash?
Ask Chris Harn! He tried to save the cash by using 4 singles and look where it got him.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #15
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC
I see absolutely nothing even remotely suspect about that SA P-6 on Thursday. There were two 3/2 favorites, one 3-1, one 5.4-1 and 2 prices. Could of been had on a rather short ticket.
Sharp post.

Heaven forbid someone actually handicapped beautifully and constructed a winning ticket.

If the all's had been legs 2 and 4 and the single in the last nobody would be crying.

Man up and handicap better.