Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
infrontby1

"The horse made an Arazi like move"....."She had a Dr. Fager workout last week"

Get well soon Mark
infrontby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #32
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Longshot
Speedy recovery big fella!
Or stretch it out, if your stable of nurses are treating you well.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
lamboguy

MARK had a successful surgery, his gallbladder had to be cut out, so its going to take him a little time for him to get on his feet. he should be getting out of the hospital this afternoon.

its still very good news
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
Ian Meyers

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mark. The Mountain isn't the same without you.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Get well soon, and feel better NOW!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
lamboguy

i know you wish you were working tonight with that great card of races. i want you to know that Nancy was great, but we all still miss you.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #37
Scav

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
MARK had a successful surgery, his gallbladder had to be cut out, so its going to take him a little time for him to get on his feet. he should be getting out of the hospital this afternoon.

its still very good news
If he had it done laproscopically, he'll be fine in about a week although he still might have a drain, which makes you look like a walking test dummy.

I had to have mine taken out a couple years ago, and it was actually gangrene so I was on some heavy antiobotics which lead to a three day stay in hospital. No fun. It isn't the incisions but the fact that they pump your chest region with all this gas to get to the gall bladder and that causes a ton of discomfort, and the only way you get better is by walking it out.

Nurse told me when I was all doped up "You are now one of the few that understands how much giving birth hurts"
Scav is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #38
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

My prayers are with you Mountain Man, we miss you and wish you only the best and a 100% recovery.

Been watching you and Nancy for years, absolutely the best pair in racing, only thing I could have to gripe about, may be the volume of your voices, they are hard to hear, but otherwise very very informative, and you both know your track and horse's, as well as the riders and trainers, very enjoyable

get well soon

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #39
mountainman

Thanks so much, guys. I just got home and am overwhelmed at your outpouring of compassion. I started to hurt about 10 days ago, and it just got worse, eventually driving me to tears. The surgery might have come off more quickly, except that my pain was misdiagnosed as acid reflux on my first trip to the er, and I was sent home for things to get much worse.

The operation was eventually performed Saturday and turned a painful saga into living hell. For one thing, the anesthesia wore off too quickly, and I got violent, breaking my restraints. I have a foggy recollection of some guys rushing in to subdue me and all hell breaking loose.

My surgeon later told me that mine was the worst gall bladder he'd seen or removed in his 25-yr career. Plus, there were five stones the size of golfballs, or larger, and deep cuts were required.

But as someone once said, that which does not kill me makes me stronger. And I'm sure that a group of horseplayers as informed and dedicated as yourselves can attest to the that savage truth. Tx again, guys. I'm feeling a bit like myself as a type this, and intend to do the show tonight.

Last edited by mountainman; 03-27-2012 at 02:39 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #40
castaway01

Wow, that sounds terrible. Take care of yourself and be patient, get better. Our thoughts are with you.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
Thanks so much, guys. I just got home and am overwhelmed at your outpouring of compassion. I started to hurt about 10 days ago, and it just got worse, eventually driving me to tears. The surgery might have come off more quickly, except that my pain was misdiagnosed as acid reflux on my first trip to the er, and I was sent home for things to get much worse.

The operation was eventually performed Saturday and turned a painful saga into living hell. For one thing, the anesthesia wore off too quickly, and I got violent, breaking my restraints. I have a foggy recollection of some guys rushing in to subdue me and all hell breaking loose.

My surgeon later told me that mine was the worst gall bladder he'd seen or removed in his 25-yr career. Plus, there were five stones the size of golfballs, or larger, and deep cuts were required.

But as someone once said, that which does not kill me makes me stronger. And I'm sure that a group of horseplayers as informed and dedicated as yourselves can attest to the that savage truth. Tx again, guys. I'm feeling a bit like myself as a type this, and intend to do the show tonight.

Glad to hear you're on the upside MM!
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
ldiatone

mountain Man. hope you feel better. and a speedy recovery! but what hospital did you go to w/ presby and agh just up the road?
dont feel to bad about the missed diagnosis, my kid was told the pain in here gut was the flu........appendix ruptured a couple days later
ps now stay away from those fried foods!

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
rrpic6

Geez Mark...that's a scary story! I just had an ultrasound done on my gall bladder, which shows some small stones. I do have a day or two a month where my stomach feels like there is a torch in there. By the next day I'm fine. Hope mine does not get any worse. I HATE Anesthesia, can only imagine the insult to injury!

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #44
teddy

surgery

All my patients recover the next day or two.. must have just had it out.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman

Yes, often misdiagnosed but usually the first test is your GB ef. I have never heard of anyone having that much trouble, ususally its very easy and done with lapro. You will feel much better now.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply