Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Issues on this website

For the past day or two, I have had issues on this site, but not on others. When replying, I cannot backspace, nor can I use enter or tab to move down a row to continue typing. Which means, if I continue typing, this will be one very long paragraph. The only way I can correct spelling is to highlight the word with a left click, and retype. Virus scans etc are clean....thoughts ?? Thanks!
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Probably something to do with your browser and this old vBulletin version.

What browser are you using? I don't have that problem with Chrome.

Are you using a tablet or laptop with Windows 10? I think I've seen something like that once in a blue moon on my Win10 laptop...

I've been exploring a lot of options lately, including switching hosts, and although I've been saying it for years, I really do think an upgrade is coming soon here...if not, I'll end up driving even the die-hards away....

My apologies for the inconvenience, and I mean that sincerely...I know I've been totally lazy when it comes to upgrading vBulletin and it's causing lots of problems the longer I wait.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #3
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Probably something to do with your browser and this old vBulletin version.

What browser are you using? I don't have that problem with Chrome.

Are you using a tablet or laptop with Windows 10? I think I've seen something like that once in a blue moon on my Win10 laptop...

I've been exploring a lot of options lately, including switching hosts, and although I've been saying it for years, I really do think an upgrade is coming soon here...if not, I'll end up driving even the die-hards away....

My apologies for the inconvenience, and I mean that sincerely...I know I've been totally lazy when it comes to upgrading vBulletin and it's causing lots of problems the longer I wait.
No worries boss....Chrome / win 10 on a laptop. I will play around some more - just wanted to see if there was a common challenge. Thought maybe you were trying to mute me Thanks for the quick reply
Old 01-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Update - must be a Chrome thing, as IE works fine ...and I have now had the same issues on other sites. Just for that, I am playing Arrogate this weekend....
Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
Update - must be a Chrome thing, as IE works fine ...and I have now had the same issues on other sites. Just for that, I am playing Arrogate this weekend....
For what its worth I only use Chrome, both on a Linux distribution and on a Win 7 computer, and I don't recall ever having that particular problem. I was going to say something like 'maybe it is...' but I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about so that's probably counterproductive.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Marshall Bennett

I never have issues with the 3 browsers I use. IE, FF, and Chrome. I's still using Vista perhaps your operating system has something to do with it.
I know its been mentioned here but been a while. What does vcash mean again?
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The server here pukes quite often. Don't underestimate how that can make it look like you have a problem, when it's really the server
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
thaskalos

I find myself frozen out of this site many times...but I can't tell if it's the server, or if the administrator here has it in for me.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #9
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
The server here pukes quite often. Don't underestimate how that can make it look like you have a problem, when it's really the server
Yeah I've just about got myself programmed to copy any post I'm trying to submit longer than a sentence since it seems like I have a one in five chance of it timing out to nothing after ten minutes of trying.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #10
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Yeah I've just about got myself programmed to copy any post I'm trying to submit longer than a sentence since it seems like I have a one in five chance of it timing out to nothing after ten minutes of trying.

LOL I do the same thing! Come on here @ around 4:20AM Pacific...you're in forum hell for 40 minutes. That's when I do my best work

(the xanax helps me think )
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

1:30am and 7:30am (eastern times) are not the time to be posting here...my apologies
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #12
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I find myself frozen out of this site many times...but I can't tell if it's the server, or if the administrator here has it in for me.
I have asked myself that same question on several occasions.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #13
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
1:30am and 7:30am (eastern times) are not the time to be posting here...my apologies
Most of us fogies were around in the days when it was a good day if a forum of this girth loaded a page in under five minutes. The ONLY time it actually gets under my skin more than just a bit is when I'm running late getting my pick 4 posted and I just now it's gonna happen right then...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: