Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #1
how cliche
How Cliche

This Place Is Depressing

Allow me to share some constructive criticism: Form opinions from verified non-partisan news outlets that report facts and proof only. Stop complaining or criticising other posters and instead focus on solutions to societal problems.

Should anyone decide to poke their head out from its information silo, I reccomend clicking the following link:

https://www.connorsforum.org/guide-t...e-news-outlets
how cliche is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
jocko699
Resurrectionist

OMFG!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
davew

I don't get it

so the 'trustworthy news / information sources' you can believe about half

and the 'sources that fall short' you can believe about a quarter?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 02:06 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by how cliche View Post
Allow me to share some constructive criticism: Form opinions from verified non-partisan news outlets that report facts and proof only. Stop complaining or criticising other posters and instead focus on solutions to societal problems.

Should anyone decide to poke their head out from its information silo, I reccomend clicking the following link:

Thank you for your completely unbiased and objective counseling.

Clearly, the people here need your guidance.

Perhaps you could ask PA if you could become the Official Pace Advantage Fact Checker.

As far as fact checkers go, I'd say you're just about perfect.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2022, 04:13 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I don't doubt it's depressing. The truth often is.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:44 AM   #6
Marshall Bennett

Quote:

I'll keep handy a copy of the guide you provided for any future news stories I read.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2022, 05:27 AM   #7
Poindexter

Quote:

Not really interested in your A to Z Gide to propaganda. But you are completely correct about this place being depressing. I wonder why. About 90 percent of the posts are about democrats and/or their policies destroying this country. The fact that there is so much content week after week is absolutely depressing.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #8
jimmyb

I hear Zoloft works pretty good.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 06:29 AM   #9
proximity

on an admittedly short list of places more depressing than this, the shippensburg sociology department would have to rank right near the top.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 08:36 AM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here, visit this thread, make money, and cheer up:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=172926
Old 12-20-2022, 08:38 AM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Not really interested in your A to Z Gide to propaganda. But you are completely correct about this place being depressing. I wonder why. About 90 percent of the posts are about democrats and/or their policies destroying this country. The fact that there is so much content week after week is absolutely depressing.
This is, in part, exactly what the OP was talking about
Old 12-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #12
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
This is, in part, exactly what the OP was talking about
I have said it before and I will say it again. These elitist are out for our country and the world. They don't care about you, me or the op or the masses period. They care about power and agenda. Just about everything they have done for close to 3 years has illustrated this. As long as fools buy the phony narratives that the MSM sells them we are all in grave danger. If you folks think we are wrong there is thread after thread where you can argue your points. We can all pretend that the Government and MSM and social media sites have our back, but they don't. When they start coming for your freedoms and the op's freedoms, don't say you were not warned. They are playing for keeps. I an not going to replay the last 3 years for you. But they are coming after our power whether you want them to or not All the little shit they pretend to do is just theater. They pretend they are doing things for the people, but they don't care about people. Not saying Republicans are angels, but everything the democrats do is a big dog and pony show designed to enrich their donors and keep themselves in power.

Call me cynical, call me what you want, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the democratic party in a nutshell. Whether they are winning elections due to rigged elections or due to a brainwashed society, it all spells bad news for all of us. Apparently too many just don't realize what danger they are in. I guarantee that one these folks get the power they seek, they are not giving it back.

Do I wallow in depression every day because that is how I see the world, currentlY? No. I take every day one day at a time. I just learned a lot over the last 3 years and realized that this is a big, bad ugly world. I don't believe it was always that way at least in some countries, but it sure seems that way now. No reason for me to be depressed (for the young people in this country I am very sad, because they do not have a clue how bad their future may become) but I also do not see the point in burying my head in the sand. Some folks have to as an act of self preservation and I get that. To those folks they should probably stay away from this forum. I think our best bet to fight the power grab is for society to realize the problem and work together to hold the Politicians and MSM...accountable. Pretending the msm is telling us the truth, when they aren't only worsens the problem.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:46 PM   #13
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again. These elitist are out for our country and the world. They don't care about you, me or the op or the masses period. They care about power and agenda. Just about everything they have done for close to 3 years has illustrated this. As long as fools buy the phony narratives that the MSM sells them we are all in grave danger. If you folks think we are wrong there is thread after thread where you can argue your points. We can all pretend that the Government and MSM and social media sites have our back, but they don't. When they start coming for your freedoms and the op's freedoms, don't say you were not warned. They are playing for keeps. I an not going to replay the last 3 years for you. But they are coming after our power whether you want them to or not All the little shit they pretend to do is just theater. They pretend they are doing things for the people, but they don't care about people. Not saying Republicans are angels, but everything the democrats do is a big dog and pony show designed to enrich their donors and keep themselves in power.

Call me cynical, call me what you want, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is the democratic party in a nutshell. Whether they are winning elections due to rigged elections or due to a brainwashed society, it all spells bad news for all of us. Apparently too many just don't realize what danger they are in. I guarantee that one these folks get the power they seek, they are not giving it back.

Do I wallow in depression every day because that is how I see the world, currentlY? No. I take every day one day at a time. I just learned a lot over the last 3 years and realized that this is a big, bad ugly world. I don't believe it was always that way at least in some countries, but it sure seems that way now. No reason for me to be depressed (for the young people in this country I am very sad, because they do not have a clue how bad their future may become) but I also do not see the point in burying my head in the sand. Some folks have to as an act of self preservation and I get that. To those folks they should probably stay away from this forum. I think our best bet to fight the power grab is for society to realize the problem and work together to hold the Politicians and MSM...accountable. Pretending the msm is telling us the truth, when they aren't only worsens the problem.
Again, the bolded portions above are pretty much what the OP was talking about.
If you believe this started in just the last 3yrs, and that only Dems serve themselves with their political power, and that the elections were rigged (only by Dems but never by the Repubs) you are the one who is brainwashed.

Government corruption is not only on the Left side of the aisle, nor is it 90% on the Left side of the aisle.
To think otherwise is to be a marching pawn for those who want you to be.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-20-2022 at 12:48 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 01:10 PM   #14
classhandicapper

Quote:
Government corruption is not only on the Left side of the aisle, nor is it 90% on the Left side of the aisle.
I'm going to take small exception to this.

I think both parties are equally corrupt at taking campaign contributions and then passing laws that favor those contributors and the expense of others.

I think both parties have potentially unholy relationships with foreign countries (Saudi Arabia, China, Ukraine, etc..) and sometimes engage in policies that favor those nations at the expense of others and perhaps even at the expense of the US in return for contributions, business deals, favors etc..

However, I think something changed when Trump entered the picture.

Trump threatened to expose some of the corruption. He threatened the IC's obsession with Russia, NATO, etc... He started changing the political balance by attracting blue collar and other workers that lost their jobs away from the democrats. He threatened the globalist agenda with a more US first agenda on trade and immigration.

He threatened the status quo and spread to other areas of the world.

Now there's an unholy cabal between the IC, media, tech companies, globalists, democrats, rhinos etc.. to destroy Trump and his significant supporters by controlling the narrative, rigging elections the best they can by controlling information and election rules, physically attacking his supporters, jailing innocent protestors etc..

What's going on right now is very corrupt and anti American. IMO it borders on evil but many people can't see it because they hate Trump.

And I want to be clear, I don't like Trump. I agree with him on some issues, but I think he's got too much baggage and too many personality disorders to be the leader of the republican party or to drain the swamp. In fact, I don't think anyone can drain the swamp. That would take a revolution that made Jan 6th look like recess at an all girls Catholic grade school.

But I do think the problems are WAY more concentrated on the left now.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-20-2022 at 01:13 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #15
Poindexter

Quote:
Again, the bolded portions above are pretty much what the OP was talking about.
If you believe this started in just the last 3yrs, and that only Dems serve themselves with their political power, and that the elections were rigged (only by Dems but never by the Repubs) you are the one who is brainwashed.

I have said many i times believe most politicians are corrupt. I just do not currently see the danger from the right as I do from the left. All the craziness from the left would not be happening if republicans were in power. You can argue that other issues may come into play if they were in power, but I don’t believe that this breakdown of society would be nearly as significant if not for democrats. This reach for power that I see from democrats is unparalleled in this country, imo at least in my lifetime. Unfortunately technology has given them a lot of tools. Everything they do from my perspective is bad for the people of this country whether the people know it or not. They do not care about people they care about power at any cost. That is very dangerous and whether you agree or not, that is what I see.