Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #91
AltonKelsey
Veteran

No, I'm not buying it. And neither is anyone else, besides the 2 or 3 shills that follow you around .

Characterizing anyone disagreeing with you as trolling is proof of something, don't you think?
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 02:00 AM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
To be open with you, I admit fault more readily than the average person. I do if for the good of the team and I do it because I am absolutely wrong.

If you actually read my posts, you would've found a dozen times that I said I was wrong-I'm sorry (in recent times). I'm sorry you don't pay enough attention (as you troll me) but I refuse to waste my time to prove it to you. Just read my posts and you'll find them.
The one time you ever admitted you were wrong was after American Pharoah won the Haskell. But that lasted for about 5 seconds.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 02:03 AM   #93
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
No, I'm not buying it. And neither is anyone else, besides the 2 or 3 shills that follow you around .

Characterizing anyone disagreeing with you as trolling is proof of something, don't you think?
We've covered this. CJ told you to stop trolling me over and over and over again.

You didn't disagree. You, in the wise words of our master, had some sort of personal issue with me (take a number please, we're up to 2412, you have number 11,989) and I replied to you with facts, facts and more facts. You didn't like that and kept trolling.

I don't need to explain a thing to you. I fell for your fake attempt to discuss a race a few minutes ago. Won't fall for it again.

As for following people I don't follow a soul around on here, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

You're not my girlfriend, so there's no need to prove a thing to you.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 02:05 AM   #94
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The one time you ever admitted you were wrong was after American Pharoah won the Haskell. But that lasted for about 5 seconds.
I was wrong when I added up TLG's winners last week or 2-3 weeks ago. I immediately apologized and said I was wrong.

I openly state my picks sucked when 1, 2, 3 or more of them just run poorly with no excuse.

There's more, I just don't feel like searching through 9000 posts
Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #95
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Dangerously close to closing this thread, as it's obviously run its course and is now veering into stupidville.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:38 AM   #96
SandyW

I just watched the replay of the race again and did not see anything wrong with Ortiz's ride. He tried to go on early in the race and was locked in and stayed locked in all the way down the back stretch. When he asked the horse turning for home the horse came up empty.
These are horses not machines and are allowed to throw in a clunker every now and then.

Last edited by SandyW; 03-19-2017 at 02:46 AM.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 02:43 AM   #97
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Careful Sandy. You're about to be told by the self-proclaimed "nicest guy in the world" that you are either a troll or an incompetent handicapper.

Welcome to EMD world.

Or maybe he'll just post up a clip of The Rock if he's feeling lazy.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #98
Stoleitbreezing

The jock on the choked and denied the horse her preferred running style. The previous two races she won wire to wire she defeated the victorious by more than 5 lengths each time. I don't buy the horse was denied the lead or shutoff from the rail. The was the pace setter in the G1 Kentucky Oaks last year when she broke from the rail and took that to the 3/4's before giving way. There is no doubt in my mind she could of/should of gotten the lead from the inside post against a short G2 field full of horse she beat already.
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #99
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Careful Sandy. You're about to be told by the self-proclaimed "nicest guy in the world" that you are either a troll or an incompetent handicapper.

Welcome to EMD world.

Or maybe he'll just post up a clip of The Rock if he's feeling lazy.
I love ya too PA

Hey, 100 people can watch a race and see 100 different things.

It's what makes the game so awesome. I'm done debating this one. 80% of the posters seem to see this 1 black and white. That's an accomplishment as this site's posters are usually pro defend them.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #100
Andy Asaro

When this happens (Jock changes successful running style for no apparent reason) the Stewards should question the jock in more detail (We already know the Trainer was stunned by the ride). Additionally an investigation into unusual betting patterns should begin. The most logical place to look would be Betfair. Did someone or some group bet big against Terra Promessa? And how about in the mutuel pools.

Maybe it was a brain fart maybe not but you never know what comes out when you shake the tree.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #101
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When you see Ortiz on a horse, why expect an honest ride?
I never do. But then, I only see him when he ships out.

Crooked or stupid, I dunno.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #102
Robert Fischer
clean money

It was at least a dumb ride, and unfortunate circumstances compounded the mistakes.

I couldn't see definitive evidence of race-fixing, so either:

a)He was masterful at cheating
b)I'm incompetent at detecting cheating
c)It was just a dumb ride, Or
d)Other
Old 03-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #103
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
It was at least a dumb ride, and unfortunate circumstances compounded the mistakes.

I couldn't see definitive evidence of race-fixing, so either:

a)He was masterful at cheating
b)I'm incompetent at detecting cheating
c)It was just a dumb ride, Or
d)Other
Trust me when I tell you, he is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Great rider.....
Old 03-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #104
Andy Asaro

I think most people could agree that there needs to be more scrutiny on Jockeys in these types of spots. If nothing else it serves as some kind of deterrent.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #105
ultracapper

Just saw the race for the first time, and I can't believe what I saw. With two shakes of the reins that big Fav has the lead 30 yards out of the gate. She broke great and the jock, with mild urging, had the lead for the taking.

One of two things,

1) Those that are saying there is nothing wrong with, at minimum, that particular portion of the race, have either never watched a horse race, don't have a clue, or

2) are those that bet on other horses and are saying there is nothing wrong here, were, at the time of the race, watching it and saying down low to themselves, "RIGHT ON. THAT HORSE IS TOTALLY GETTING SCREWED". Those people only say it's all kosher now because now they can say to themselves they are smart 'cappers rather than just stupid lucky.

I don't know if the jock is a criminal or not, but at minimum he certainly mis-assessed the situation fatally out of the gate. A CLEAR lead was there for the taking right out of the gate. That jock murdered that horse's chances less than 5 seconds into the race. As for her nose down while running in the stretch, I don't think you can blame that on the jock AT THAT MOMENT. I think she was running like that because she had been basically gutted from the gate to the 1/4 pole by the trip she endured. She'd been grinding her gears up to the 1/4 pole, and they were stripped clean by the time she tried to kick it in turning for home.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply