Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-15-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
PIC6SIX

2YO MSW FIRST RACE WINNERS

Does anyone have a listing of sires whose baby 2 years olds won the first race of their career. Preferably in MSW condition. It would also help to know the name of horse, date, surface, distance, trainer, sire and broodmare sire. Most especially interested in the sire and trainer. Thanks, NIck
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2022, 07:59 PM   #2
CheckMark

A place to start hope this helps:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ortColumn=wnrs

Clicking on Sires also can show you a Statistical Summary by Equineline and breaks down the Sires stats for almost anything you can imagine

Below is an example for Sharp Azteca

http://www.equineline.com/extendedco...&ASCID=1443262

I hope this helps as a starting point!
Old 11-17-2022, 01:33 PM   #3
PIC6SIX

Cool

Thanks Checkmark, that Equine data is helpful but not quite on the button. In olden days I subscribed to Track Stats by TSN (Thoroughbred Sports Network). They sold a spiral bound book (Sire Stats) that listed sires whose progeny won first out (marked by A+). Brisnet Ultimate PPs list first time sire stats but I am trying to find something more definitive. In olden days you had an edge if you subscribed to TSN because they also listed Hot/Cold--Jockey Trainer stats, Sire Stats, Trainer Angle Stats. Now all that info is in the PPs which crushes the odds. I also subscribed to The Goldstein Report (jockey/trainer stats) which focused on CA racing. It was helpful but I believe the author, Jeff, passed.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:15 PM   #4
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC6SIX View Post
Thanks Checkmark, that Equine data is helpful but not quite on the button. In olden days I subscribed to Track Stats by TSN (Thoroughbred Sports Network). They sold a spiral bound book (Sire Stats) that listed sires whose progeny won first out (marked by A+). Brisnet Ultimate PPs list first time sire stats but I am trying to find something more definitive. In olden days you had an edge if you subscribed to TSN because they also listed Hot/Cold--Jockey Trainer stats, Sire Stats, Trainer Angle Stats. Now all that info is in the PPs which crushes the odds. I also subscribed to The Goldstein Report (jockey/trainer stats) which focused on CA racing. It was helpful but I believe the author, Jeff, passed.
Damn ok I tried though my second option is Jim Mazur which does Pedigree info too if you are interested

I use his Sire Ratings for handicapping which mostly helps for FTS as well as moves such as 1st Turf Off Track Synthetic etc

Last edited by CheckMark; 11-17-2022 at 04:16 PM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #5
PIC6SIX

yes, Jim Mazur's ratings may work. How do I access his website, if he has such? Thanks for your help, Check.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:26 AM   #6
woodbinepmi

https://www.proghandicap.com/
Old 11-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #7
cato
Irrationally exuberant

FTS and related information

I'm looking for the same kind of information!

A lot of companies must have the information (Twin Spires, DRF, Equibase, etc etc) but everything I've found so far produces it on a horse by horse basis within the context of the PPs (if it is available at all) which gets tedious and time consuming. Looking for anything more efficient. I'll check out Mazur again - he has good products.

Last edited by cato; 11-23-2022 at 10:39 AM. Reason: supplied missing words
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 11:52 AM   #8
PIC6SIX

I sent you the email address of the person who may have the book, "Inside the
Trainer's Mind". Check you messages and emails.

tr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: