Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 02:41 AM   #1
lamboguy

1 mile chute at Saratoga

this is a biggie. the mile race on the main track used to start on the turn. now they built a straight-away chute that goes straight for a good enough distance before you hit the first turn.. i am probably describing this very poorly. but just to cut to the chase, before this year it was very hard for outside horses to win going a mile on the main track. this new chute should even out the playing field for the outside horses. maybe one of the guys on this board that is more familiar than me can do a better job explaining it.
just to be more clear, the race did not turn into being an elongated sprint race, its still a 2-turn mile, but it has a straightaway before the first turn.

in my opinion, this was a pretty smart move that will only help the handle. if my friend has any room in his house in Saratoga, i will go there for 1 day just to check it out.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:05 AM   #2
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this is a biggie. the mile race on the main track used to start on the turn. now they built a straight-away chute that goes straight for a good enough distance before you hit the first turn.. i am probably describing this very poorly. but just to cut to the chase, before this year it was very hard for outside horses to win going a mile on the main track. this new chute should even out the playing field for the outside horses. maybe one of the guys on this board that is more familiar than me can do a better job explaining it.
just to be more clear, the race did not turn into being an elongated sprint race, its still a 2-turn mile, but it has a straightaway before the first turn.

in my opinion, this was a pretty smart move that will only help the handle. if my friend has any room in his house in Saratoga, i will go there for 1 day just to check it out.
I cound not agree with you more. Those outside horses should have there odds doubled just bacuse of how hard it is for the jocks to move over. However a few people in the buis mentioned to me, that jocks are a little concerned in relation to the how short the is chut is, to the backstretch run. I truly belive it will help but that horse, especially a green one, better have a lot of early speed so he can duck over, and a jock that can bust him out quick and give him a few taps out of the gate
Old 07-14-2022, 03:24 AM   #3
Parkview_Pirate

This is a duplicate of this thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=168621

Glad you posted this though, fellow night owl, 'cause I could have easily missed the other thread. So thank you.

There's more details, pics, discussion, etc, in the other thread.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
This is a duplicate of this thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=168621

Glad you posted this though, fellow night owl, 'cause I could have easily missed the other thread. So thank you.

There's more details, pics, discussion, etc, in the other thread.
i missed the post myself. but i am lucky that i read about it. the other thing i would love to know is which pools are the CAW allowed or not allowed in.
there are other things that i would love to know, but i don't want to press my luck.
'
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: