Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2022, 11:51 AM   #61
jay68802

Friday I went to our hunting property at Bayard, Nebraska. Total cost of the trip for just gas was $236.00. Really looking forward to spending this much every weekend during hunting season. Add $110 a night for a room and $60 for food every day.........Going to have to hit a couple of bets to afford this.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #62
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Friday I went to our hunting property at Bayard, Nebraska. Total cost of the trip for just gas was $236.00. Really looking forward to spending this much every weekend during hunting season. Add $110 a night for a room and $60 for food every day.........Going to have to hit a couple of bets to afford this.

I think you need to get some camping equipment, and find some small game to kill and eat to offset the cost of gas. Rabbit stew and beans were good enough for settlers, why are you so spoiled?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-12-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #63
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
$60 ?

you must eat like a bird...

Thats the cost for my steak dinner....

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #64
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
$60 ?

you must eat like a bird...

Thats the cost for my steak dinner....

If I choose to go to the 64 Steel Grill, then $60 will get me a drink and an appetizer....

The bone in Rib Eye will be $50....
Old 06-12-2022, 01:51 PM   #65
Inner Dirt

Quote:
If I choose to go to the 64 Steel Grill, then $60 will get me a drink and an appetizer....

I only eat like that after a good day at the track or hitting a nice sports parlay bet, or completing a job for a customer with a good hourly rate.

Bad day betting or working and it is the dollar menu at McDonalds.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:26 PM   #66
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:

I only eat like that when someone else is buying.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #67
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Bad day betting or working and it is the dollar menu at McDonalds.
Finish way down, eat at The Clown.

Anymore, it's mighty expensive to eat at McDonalds. The large Double Quarter Pounder Combo, plus 10.5% Chicago sales tax, is now $12.19! And to pay by Credit/Debit Card, I have to order at the kiosk.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #68
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think you need to get some camping equipment, and find some small game to kill and eat to offset the cost of gas. Rabbit stew and beans were good enough for settlers, why are you so spoiled?
What makes sense is to buy an existing house or a lot close to the property. There are two very interesting properties there. One is a 4 bedroom house that is unoccupied right now that is 2.5 miles from the property. The other is a lot that has a house on it that is probably unliveable, but is only 1 mile from the property. I would prefer the lot. Build a house that has a deck facing the river, and then when we sell our property will have a much better value. This is what the view from the deck would be.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220129_165839087_HDR.jpg (84.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
What makes sense is to buy an existing house or a lot close to the property. There are two very interesting properties there. One is a 4 bedroom house that is unoccupied right now that is 2.5 miles from the property. The other is a lot that has a house on it that is probably unliveable, but is only 1 mile from the property. I would prefer the lot. Build a house that has a deck facing the river, and then when we sell our property will have a much better value. This is what the view from the deck would be.

It would depend on what unliveable means. It could be cool as a hunting camp and a project. It depends on how much time you have on your hands.
Construction lumber and supplies have come down to about 50% of peak, I think they will eventually go down to where they came from. I am doing a slow home remodel, more like a rebuild. The place was just poorly built, they even recycled termite eaten wood for interior wall studs. I knew that because there was no evidence the termites did their dining here. There were electrical wiring junction boxes with branding on them from a company that ceased to exist in the 50's, the house was built in 1981.

The property was bought for the shop I run my machine shop business from and the 10 heavily wooded acres.

Lots of hunting and target shooting going on around me. This area is very heavily wooded, so a stray shot isn't going very far. My liberal city living girlfriend asks me how I can be totally unbothered by the gunfire. A guy probably 1/2 mile or so away must have a Springfield model 1861 or
similar, that was a .58 cal muzzle loader. You can tell by the loud noise and
a shot every 20-30 seconds. I told her they don't shoot at people here.
The only time he bugs me is the rare time I am talking outside on the cell phone to a customer.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #70
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I’ve always said $5 a gallon is a psychological barrier that will be a real game changer.

Hearing reports of $5 a gallon in places like Kentucky.

I thought it would be a good time for a new poll.

$4.45 here in Houston

Some places like Sam’s are still $4.3x
We all know high gas prices are being caused by Biden’s refusal to approve new drilling sites. Except they are not.

https://twitter.com/Malinowski/statu...69ZwCQ74CJpliA

The chart above proves that the United States daily domestic oil production is higher under Biden than it was under Trump. And much higher than under any previous President.

Last edited by mostpost; 06-12-2022 at 09:18 PM.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 09:27 PM   #71
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
We all know high gas prices are being caused by Biden’s refusal to approve new drilling sites. Except they are not.

The chart above proves that the United States daily domestic oil production is higher under Biden than it was under Trump. And much higher than under any previous President.
it just proves liars can lie with data and you are either a liar or a cult follower that can not understand why they are lying to you

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=mcrfpus2&f=m
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 PM   #72
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

Funny you call everyone who disagrees with you stupid and are a liar, yet you are always proven to be the stupid liar in the crowd.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

As you can obviously see domestic oil production slowly increases by the year, so one needs to compare years close together. Do the math
Trump 2020, exceeds Biden 2021, that is from a government site, not some idiots Twitter.

You are stupid because you take liberal propaganda as fact, and a liar because you post opinions and numbers without context as facts.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #73
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
it just proves liars can lie with data and you are either a liar or a cult follower that can not understand why they are lying to you

You beat me to do it because I was adding up the numbers to get yearly totals. Also to add Cliffy is stupid enough to believe the lies.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:53 PM   #74
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

You cannot be serious. The source that you and Inner Dirt used is the exact same source that I used. The Energy Information Administration. EIA. The only difference is my post breaks it down by Administration while yours breaks it down by month or year.
Even comparing 2021 with 2020, oil production is down 8 tenths of 1 percent. Put another way, oil production in 2021 was 99.2% of what it was in 2020. Compared to 2019, production was only 91.1% in 2021
Oil production in 2021 was 102.25% of 2018.
Finally in 2021 oil production was 20% higher than in 2017, Trumps first year in office.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:57 PM   #75
mostpost

There is also the fact that the Biden Administration recently opened several sites for drilling, then closed them down when no body bid on them. NOBODY.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: