Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i see it quite differently. I think this helps Romney a lot.
I'm telling you if Romney keeps vowing to kill it once elected it won't ring hollow, in fact it might be just the thing he needs to take him over the top.
1. Romney, if elected, likely doesn't have enough power as President to kill it.

2.Republicans can scream all they want about this will "galvanize" the base, yada, yada, yada, but unfortunately this Supreme Court decision is going to likely give Obama another 4 years in power.

He's been terrible so far, but it sure looks like he's going back in.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #32
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
I'm going to try and look for a silver lining to this disaster and predict that this could be a very costly victory for Obama and the Democrats. The right wing of the GOP and the Tea Party will be absolutely galvanized. Undecided voters that were opposed to Obamacare could now go for Romney. GOP candidates for the House and Senate vowing to overturn and repeal Obamacare may pick up votes. If Romney wins and the Republicans at least hold onto the House Obamacare is gone. If they should also win the Senate it will be gone even faster. The November election could be 2010 all over again.
The repeal of laws involves the same process as passing them. Both houses are needed, so 60 votes will be needed in the senate.

Boxcar
Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #33
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Welfare and food stamps.
I see no reason to continue to have a job - it is pretty stupid to be one of the ones working and paying. Jobs are for suckers.
I am one step ahead of you.

Seriously, I am now reviewing options to sell a business and, depending upon how the different states react to the opt-out clause, moving out of CA or going to Mexico.

Call my bluff, liberals.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #34
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
this Supreme Court decision is going to likely give Obama another 4 years in power.
How in the world does one come to that conclusion?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #35
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
A question for you penny pinching conservatives, Are you mad at your state AGs for wasting your taxes?
lol penny pching...ANOTHER (of the many) baseless claims you trot out here....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
For those of you happy about the ruling, how do you plan to pay for your government mandated health insurance?
To me, the only way that Obama can pay for this is downsizing America's Milary Industrial complex.
This has been his goal from the "getgo."
Anyone who doesn't see that his agenda is to weaken America's power standing in the world, isn't seeing what I'm seeing.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
How in the world does one come to that conclusion?
a. An election spent arguing this issue will distract from jobs, economy, and National debt.
b. Romney will be relabelled as a "Scrooge" - besides he supported it in Mass.
c. 33 million lower class potential votes will go to Obama.
d. without the ruling Obama's popularity was still holding (how I don't know.)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #38
bigmack

Quote:
a. An election spent arguing this issue will distract from jobs, economy, and National debt.
b. Romney will be relabelled as a "Scrooge" - besides he supported it in Mass.
c. 33 million lower class potential votes will go to Obama.
d. without the ruling Obama's popularity was still holding (how I don't know.)
33 million lower class potential voters were just taxed. Most of them don't even know what taxes are but they will now. Normally, taking money from people doesn't garner votes.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
ArlJim78

this is how badly things are going for Mitt based on today's ruling.

Quote:

Update, 1:28 ET: The RNC’s
communication team now says the combined Romney and RNC Victory funds have raised over $1 million since the court’s decision
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
Can we stay focused on the important stuff, please ? Ann Curry is out as the 'Today' anchor, okay ?
Decision coming later on the Holder contempt of Congress matter.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
To me, the only way that Obama can pay for this is downsizing America's Milary Industrial complex.
This has been his goal from the "getgo."
Anyone who doesn't see that his agenda is to weaken America's power standing in the world, isn't seeing what I'm seeing.
He has turned Gitmo into Club Med
He has helped bring down the peace between Egypt and Israel
He has helped empower the Muslim Brotherhood, a terrorist group
He has thrown open the border in Arizona

I warned about his agenda from the git go - he is a terrorist and his plan is obvious. Bin Laden Part Deux.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
lamboguy

Quote:
1. Romney, if elected, likely doesn't have enough power as President to kill it.

2.Republicans can scream all they want about this will "galvanize" the base, yada, yada, yada, but unfortunately this Supreme Court decision is going to likely give Obama another 4 years in power.

He's been terrible so far, but it sure looks like he's going back in.
why would Romney kill this bill?

he is getting plenty of campaign contributions from the company's that are benefiting the most from health care insurance reform.

plus look at Romney's past performance lines, he introduced this type of reform to america to begin with. he is not about to get rid of this plan in a million years. he's just lucky that the supreme court didn't overturn it in case he gets elected.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #43
lsbets

Sort of good news - because the mandate is a tax, the bill can be repealed using reconciliation, which only requires 51 votes, not 60. Of course that would still require 51 Senators to vote to repeal, and a President to sign the repeal.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
Sort of good news - because the mandate is a tax, the bill can be repealed using reconciliation, which only requires 51 votes, not 60. Of course that would still require 51 Senators to vote to repeal, and a President to sign the repeal.
Shouldn't be a problem and certainly throws a wrench in the incessant drone from Boxcar about its Herculean effort to repeal.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #45
Bettowin

Patrick Gaspard, the Executive Director of the Democratic National Committee, tweeted the news at 10:19 a.m. Thursday, responding to a fight that has raged along partisan lines since 2009.

Patrick Gaspard @patrickgaspard it's constitutional. Bitches.

28 Jun 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

LOL not very smart.

And a few more.............

Greg Greene, the DNC new media outreach director, offered “sad trombone” sounds to the Republicans: “Anyone have a trombone? The folks at @GOP need someone to lend them one.”

According to conservative Michelle Malkin’s site Twitchy, which took a screenshot, Greene deleted another tweet that suggested a high level of boisterousness in the office: “Overheard in the office: "TAKE THAT MOTHER******S!!"

Isn't social media great?

Last edited by Bettowin; 06-28-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Bettowin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply