Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #1
Half Smoke

quickest hoopster I've ever seen my entire life

this little dude from Baltimore, Aquille Carr is the quickest player I've ever seen in my entire life - he's quicker than Alan Iverson was
just 5'6" - don't miss his slam dunks
he beats the defender by 3 or 4 steps - never before seen anything like it
he's 29 now - the NBA passed on him probably because of his height - a great big mistake imo - nobody on earth could handle this guy - he could get to anywhere on the floor he wants to

Old 10-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
sharkey11

i rember calvin murphy but he was 5-9
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #3
Inner Dirt

Before I opened it, from the title I thought 'Faster than Alan Iverson?" Remember Mugsy Bogues? He would drive the tall guys nuts trying to steal the ball, I think he was like 5'3". That guy on the video makes me dizzy just watching him. Is he playing in Europe?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 10-27-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #4
Half Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Before I opened it, from the title I thought 'Faster than Alan Iverson?" Remember Mugsy Bogues? He would drive the tall guys nuts trying to steal the ball, I think he was like 5'3". That guy on the video makes me dizzy just watching him. Is he playing in Europe?

he plays on the Reading Rebels of the TBL - a minor professional league
below the D League

he's too old now for the NBA to be interested in him

to me, it's a shame he never got his shot at the big time - he definitely deserved it

the NBA is set in its ways - unwilling to take a chance on the guy

the fans were deprived of seeing a tremendously exciting player

Old 10-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
he plays on the Reading Rebels of the TBL - a minor professional league
below the D League

he's too old now for the NBA to be interested in him

to me, it's a shame he never got his shot at the big time - he definitely deserved it

the NBA is set in its ways - unwilling to take a chance on the guy

the fans were deprived of seeing a tremendously exciting player

How could that guy be below the D league? Why not Europe? His energy level and speed have to be annoying as hell to defenders late in games. The NBA should be able to use the guy even just as a role player. Put him in there when the other team is gassed. It would be like defensive lineman trying to pressure Fran Tarkenton late in games, he would wear them out.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #6
Vinnie

Don't even know what to say. Simply Ridiculous!!! As a friend of mine back in College used to say "That guy has more moves than Claude has balls"! I would ask him who Claude is and he would reply "I don't know, but, he has a lot of balls"! All I can say is WOW!! Thanks for sharing.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 12:24 PM   #7
Half Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How could that guy be below the D league? Why not Europe? His energy level and speed have to be annoying as hell to defenders late in games. The NBA should be able to use the guy even just as a role player. Put him in there when the other team is gassed. It would be like defensive lineman trying to pressure Fran Tarkenton late in games, he would wear them out.

I heard from another source that he had a bunch of personal problems - don't know the details - maybe that has something to do with it

Old 10-27-2022, 12:39 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
I heard from another source that he had a bunch of personal problems - don't know the details - maybe that has something to do with it

Maybe he is one of those uncoachable guys, who are less tolerated as they ascend the ranks.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #9
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Amazing guy.

Wonder how he is on defense? His lack of size is probably exploitable at the highest level, but maybe not with his insane quickness and leaping ability to make up for his lack of size.

Regardless, the way he can break down a defense would be useful to any number of NBA teams.
Thanks for sharing.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 02:34 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Amazing guy.

Wonder how he is on defense? His lack of size is probably exploitable at the highest level, but maybe not with his insane quickness and leaping ability to make up for his lack of size.

Regardless, the way he can break down a defense would be useful to any number of NBA teams.
Thanks for sharing.

Those short quick guys are good at stealing the ball, that is where they make up for being short in stature. Also with today's rules you can't get away with knocking them around to slow them down.