Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2022, 06:41 PM   #1
Poindexter

How many people do you know that are suffering with long covid.

Just saw a big article about long covid has millions disabled. There are a lot of people here. A lot of people know a lot more people. How many people do you know that are suffering from long Covid?

here is the article I am talking about.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/06/lon...data-disabling

I am just curious.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2022, 07:10 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I know of no one.
Everyone I know is suffering too much from Long Biden to even know if they had it.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #3
tucker6

I know of one but he recovered after several months. Smells like a lie
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

I have a couple of medical referrals to tend to, one of those is an appointment with a neurologist to get my head examined. The nurse practitioner that wrote it claims I could have issues with mixing a concussion with Covid. I got Covid twice, both what I would call mild symptoms but they stayed for 6-8 weeks. I would say body aches with 50% energy.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2022, 12:17 AM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

My wife has a left over cough that is apparently a known symptom
Old 10-07-2022, 04:46 AM   #6
Richie

good friend of ours, she has trouble walking and talking, has taken every test in the book, no reason

she is basically learning to talk and walk again

she had covid and got the shot a month later, and has not been the same since june 2021
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
good friend of ours, she has trouble walking and talking, has taken every test in the book, no reason

she is basically learning to talk and walk again

she had covid and got the shot a month later, and has not been the same since june 2021

Damn, that sucks, that sounds like she had a stroke.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #8
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Just saw a big article about long covid has millions disabled. There are a lot of people here. A lot of people know a lot more people. How many people do you know that are suffering from long Covid?

here is the article I am talking about.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/06/lon...data-disabling

I am just curious.
I am not aware of any long covid cases.

the article you link has interesting race percentages ... is that close to what people identify as?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #9
mountainman

One. And he is a friend. A formerly spry, energetic guy perhaps in his mid 50's, Tim contracted covid about three months ago, went downhill rapidly to the point of hospitalization, ostensibly "recovered," but continues to suffer in utter misery. The man still can't get his breath, becomes exhausted from walking short distances, has lost a disturbing portion of weight, and experiences chest pains from a heart doctors can find no wrong with.

Beyond that, his expression betrays considerable trepidation about the eventual(?) outcome of this. The unthinkable outcome.

Last edited by mountainman; 10-10-2022 at 10:52 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 01:50 PM   #10
Poindexter

Sorry to hear some folks are having a rough go with it. I did a little poking around and ran into this doctor on Rumble.

https://rumble.com/v11a5cv-what-is-l...d-treated.html

Just found this video this morning. Never heard of this doctor until today. I watched maybe 40% of the video ( don't see the comments on rumble-but saw some positive comments for him on you tube). He has other videos as well I will start paying attention to. He also stated millions are suffering from long covid.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:01 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I've had flu symptoms last a long time in the past...nobody ever said I had long flu...lol

This whole thing has become an obsessive religion for some...like climate change...and everything else the left obsesses about...

What exactly counts as "long" in this particular disease? If you have a cough that lasts weeks, is that long COVID? Should it be? I don't think so...
Old 10-10-2022, 03:53 PM   #12
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I've had flu symptoms last a long time in the past...nobody ever said I had long flu...lol

This whole thing has become an obsessive religion for some...like climate change...and everything else the left obsesses about...

What exactly counts as "long" in this particular disease? If you have a cough that lasts weeks, is that long COVID? Should it be? I don't think so...
In the video I posted, the doctor did not really differentiate between Covid or vaccine injury. My interpretation is the spike protein whether from the vax or from covid can screw up the body. He talks about doing medical tests to tackle some of the issues that the spike protein may cause. Also seems he uses low cost pharmaceutical and even alternative medicine in his approach. I suggest everyone watch the videos because most of us have had covid and some have had it and don't even know it. I definitely will listen to him when I have a chance.

Regarding the axios article, I think that is the CDC stirring up more fear as they are pushing the vaccines hard again. They are relentless. For every article Jeff Posts, there are more articles blaming covid for everything. They spin everything. Is covid causing the issues or are vaccines causing the issues or both? I think rationally you have to conclude they are both contributing. But the CDC and our government and msm and tech will spin it so that covid is 100% responsible for everything bad that happens (or something else is eg sudden death syndrome) and the vaccines are 100% safe and effective. As we have discussed numerous times, if we embraced the early treatments protocols of Kory, Mccullough, etc. we could have mitigated a lot of this damage (imo).