Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-17-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why? Because the USA has been steadily rotting from the inside 4 decades...that's why

Why are so few Americans willing to defend their country?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-their-country

Why would anyone be surprised by the results of that poll?

Quote:
Earlier this month, that’s precisely what a Quinnipiac poll asked Americans. Some 7 per cent answered ‘Don’t know’. But an astonishing 52 per cent of Democrats predicted that they’d skedaddle. Among Republicans, a full quarter would carpool with the hightailing ‘to hell with this!’ Democrats, while 68 per cent would stand their ground – or think they would. Among all respondents, 55 per cent would stay and fight, while 38 per cent would flee. Scaled up, that would be 125 million Yanks storming from the Land of the No Longer Free and the Home of the Not Especially Brave all at once. Quite a stampede.
In last autumn’s The Dying Citizen, Victor Davis Hanson proposed that the western concept of citizenship, with its balance of rights and obligations, had been steadily eroded. Globalisation, mass unassimilated immigration and the left’s cultivation of self-disgust have steadily turned us into mere residents, with no fervent commitment to a shared culture and past. For plain old residents, country is a matter of convenience or accident. Nationality may confer a greater or lesser advantage, but it hardly calls up a passionate attachment or sense of duty. Our jet-setting elites are dedicated not to nations but to ideologies, whose promotion is all talk. While Putin has been brainwashing Russians into a mindless patriotism, our disavowal of patriotism has been equally mindless. We’re demoting our countries to mere coordinates, mere patches on a map. We westerners’ dry, shrugging, uninvested relationships to our own countries may be the perceived weakness that most emboldens Putin.
No shit. You don't say? How shocking!
Old 03-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #2
Bustin Stones

Ideology is all worth living and fighting for.
The only thing that makes this patch of mud special is the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
And if the day comes when this country rejects those documents and some shithole in central Africa adopts them, I'll be on my way to that shithole.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

:
It is hard to defend any nation with a magazine that names a biological male as WOMAN OF THE YEAR! and millions aren't objecting and cancelling their subscriptions.

USA Today picked Rachel Levine as Woman of the Year.

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-...an-year-points
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Ideology is all worth living and fighting for.
The only thing that makes this patch of mud special is the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
And if the day comes when this country rejects those documents and some shithole in central Africa adopts them, I'll be on my way to that shithole.
And the dimwits will do all in power to circumvent those two very inconvenient documents. I understand Biden wants to sign the small arms treaty with the U.N. which would be the administration's way to disarm Americans, which is their ultimate goal.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #5
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It is hard to defend any nation with a magazine that names a biological male as WOMAN OF THE YEAR! and millions aren't objecting and cancelling their subscriptions.

USA Today picked Rachel Levine as Woman of the Year.

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-...an-year-points
At least it wasn't Pete Buttigieg
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 04:27 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

We need to defend it against our government.
It's not their country, it is ours.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:03 PM   #7
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
We need to defend it against our government.
It's not their country, it is ours.
Yep... 100% center ring hit.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:37 PM   #8
Dave Schwartz

I posted this on Facebook earlier today when someone asked why we weren't lining up.

We live in an age of so many... self-loathing Americans.
I mean, they really think we are the bad guys.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝘾𝙄𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙔 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝘼𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖 𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙨 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙏 𝘿𝙀𝙁𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍𝙎.

Sure, it is DEMANDED, but we are so weakened.

About a year ago I posted somewhere here asking this question:

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕, 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒖𝒔?
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒔?
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒆?

Well, that day has come.
We're just not strong enough to battle THEM.

Thanks, Brandon Pelosi, et al.

They've made military such a low priority, but 𝙗𝙮 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙬𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙙.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 03-17-2022 at 07:39 PM.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-their-country

Why would anyone be surprised by the results of that poll?

No shit. You don't say? How shocking!
It’s a stupid poll and it means nothing. It’s easy to claim you would stay and fight. It’s another thing to actually do it. Conversely a sensible person won’t want to face an overwhelming enemy with tanks and air superiority.

Even during World War II approximately 10% of the population served in the military.

It’s ridiculous to ask a person without training and no support a hypothetical about engaging in combat with a well trained, well equipped army. It’s also ridiculous to pose such a question without regards to age and other factors.

I am eighty years old, so no, I would not stay and fight. That would be the ultimate futility and stupidity. If I was twenty and drafted, I would not shirk my duty. I am assuming that in such a scenario everyone would be subject to conscription.

For you other heroes, here’s what I say. The bigger your mouth, the more likely that you will turn tail and run.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:38 PM   #10
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I

For you other heroes, here’s what I say. The bigger your mouth, the more likely that you will turn tail and run.
^^Usain "Mostpost" Bolt^^
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #11
lamboguy

help is on the way

https://secure.winred.com/save-ameri...dcreated=false
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz

I rarely bother to say this to anyone, but for MostPost, I will make an exception.

I just have no tolerance for people like you who are the real PEOPLE ON THE DOLE.

FUCK YOU!

Why don't you take YOUR cowardly, whining, complaining self out of the here and along with the other cowards, instead of trying to drag the rest down to your level?

You are a miserable human being.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 08:54 PM   #13
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I rarely bother to say this to anyone, but for MostPost, I will make an exception.

I just have no tolerance for people like you who are the real PEOPLE ON THE DOLE.

FUCK YOU!

Why don't you take YOUR cowardly, whining, complaining self out of the here and along with the other cowards, instead of trying to drag the rest down to your level?

Dave,

Ditto!!!!!!
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #14
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
It’s a stupid poll and it means nothing. It’s easy to claim you would stay and fight. It’s another thing to actually do it. Conversely a sensible person won’t want to face an overwhelming enemy with tanks and air superiority.

Even during World War II approximately 10% of the population served in the military.

It’s ridiculous to ask a person without training and no support a hypothetical about engaging in combat with a well trained, well equipped army. It’s also ridiculous to pose such a question without regards to age and other factors.

I am eighty years old, so no, I would not stay and fight. That would be the ultimate futility and stupidity. If I was twenty and drafted, I would not shirk my duty. I am assuming that in such a scenario everyone would be subject to conscription.

Surprised a veteran like yourself would say no to fighting for your country. There are many elderly, female included, armed and ready to fight and die to protect their Ukrainian homeland. Sad we don't see that kind of patriotism from more of our young and older.

Less than 1 percent of U.S. families have a member serving in the military. That number would indicate what the poll says is true.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2022, 10:06 PM   #15
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post

FUCK YOU!

I rarely bother to care what the people on this board think of me. And I don’t this time either.

Not ON THE DOLE. Never have been.

Not trying to drag you down and realize raising you up is beyond anyone’s power.

I’m not miserable, but I do enjoy making you miserable.