Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-31-2022, 03:58 PM   #121
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Agree 100% PA, thats why I like Valuecapper, I can basically go through every race for the day in about 30 minutes and get my win bets, and 30 minutes may be a bit of an overestimate, Id say I normally spend 15 to 20 minutes looking through and the other 10 minutes placing the bets conditionally.....Im done for the day. Set it and forget it, no stress. On the days where I decide to actually watch the board, which is about 2 days a month maybe, I spend a lot more time.

Its just a fun hobby for me!
Same here

PA what the F am I going to do??

Find a job
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2022, 09:58 AM   #122
Gerard02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Agree 100% PA, thats why I like Valuecapper, I can basically go through every race for the day in about 30 minutes and get my win bets, and 30 minutes may be a bit of an overestimate, Id say I normally spend 15 to 20 minutes looking through and the other 10 minutes placing the bets conditionally.....Im done for the day. Set it and forget it, no stress. On the days where I decide to actually watch the board, which is about 2 days a month maybe, I spend a lot more time.

Its just a fun hobby for me!
Horse racing is my passion. VC has made it easier for my to cover the races faster than just buying the form and starting from scratch. The value advisor screen leads me away from risky races. My weakness is also, money management and bet structure. I tend to play way too many races. It’s also hard to stop when you score nice profit early in the day and know it’s time to call it. Take the money and run. When you’re at the track, it’s not that easy. I’m there to wager and relax. Yet, I know that’s what has to be done. Sigh. The rigors of wagering, I guess. Downloaded Friday and Saturdays Breeders Cup card at Keenland. Going over it, right now. Lots of passes and arc 7+’s. Figured that. Usually, I just lay $2 down on every longshot over 10-1 in the Cup. I’ve made some nice money doing that. I miss buying Stan Caris’ breeders cup list. He was damned good with that. I still have his book on the Breeders Cup, but all that work killed me, even though I did pretty well with it. Tired me out. Had to get the form in advance and spend many hours going through the requirements. I saved all of his articles and will go through them. Never leave any info behind. Good luck in the BC. Look forward to your future insights on VC.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #123
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Michaels back with his annual VC rant for the Breeders' Cup! give this man credit for doing these along with the Triple Crown rants before the races! No after the race genius! He goes through the races and gives his opinion! find another software vendor that does this "BEFORE THE RACES HAVE BEEN RAN"
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #124
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Michaels back with his annual VC rant for the Breeders' Cup! give this man credit for doing these along with the Triple Crown rants before the races! No after the race genius! He goes through the races and gives his opinion! find another software vendor that does this "BEFORE THE RACES HAVE BEEN RAN"
Scotty McKeever of EquineEdge?
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #125
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Scotty has a web based product, same as Race Lens. I'm talking about software that's installed on your computer. I do like Scotty a lot!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #126
BroadwayJoe

Quote:

Never heard this one before

Where do they get their data?

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 11-03-2022 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #127
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Never heard this one before

Where do they get their data?
No idea. Here's their website if you want to poke around:

https://equinedge.com/index.html

A lot of YouTube videos and "play along" streams available.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2022, 01:59 AM   #128
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
No idea. Here's their website if you want to poke around:

https://equinedge.com/index.html

A lot of YouTube videos and "play along" streams available.
thx

a quick look shows

$700 for a compact chart and someones ratings

no pp's or researching tools

a definite pass

So far I still think Bet Mix is best on-line handicapping software

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 11-04-2022 at 02:07 AM.