Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Perhaps the irony of Dave's post escaped you.
He tells someone to F**K OFF in bold face large type caps and then sarcastically calls someone else 'classy'.

I pointed out your irony in another thread (which went over your head too...kind of like TJ Dave's joke...did you read the second line of his post yet???).
See my signature.
Nothing escapes me, actually.

People who tell others to simmer down are lame.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:15 PM   #62
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nothing escapes me, actually.

People who tell others to simmer down are lame.

Sure, but did you read the second line of TJ Dave's joke ?

See your thread about how folks have zero self-awareness....I posted something like, "oh the irony" and you totally missed the fact that I was talking about you.
But nothing escapes you
Old 03-18-2022, 05:12 PM   #63
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Sure, but did you read the second line of TJ Dave's joke ?

See your thread about how folks have zero self-awareness....I posted something like, "oh the irony" and you totally missed the fact that I was talking about you.
But nothing escapes you
Like I said, nothing escapes me.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #64
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
this place is already a shell of its former self...it's practically dead already compared to 4 years ago...goal almost achieved...
Only one person can fix that.
If it bothers you so much, why not just shut down OT and leave the horse side?
You have a lot of dedicated harness players, lots going on in selections. We used to have good handicapping discussions, I would rather spend time doing that than OT. When someone starts a play along thread on a stakes day, we get people joining in with no notice. If we planned something, a contest, even without prizes, I bet we would get good turn out.

The place is worth saving.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:22 PM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I was talking about Off-topic...but OK...whatever
Old 03-18-2022, 05:44 PM   #66
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Only one person can fix that.
If it bothers you so much, why not just shut down OT and leave the horse side?
You have a lot of dedicated harness players, lots going on in selections. We used to have good handicapping discussions, I would rather spend time doing that than OT. When someone starts a play along thread on a stakes day, we get people joining in with no notice. If we planned something, a contest, even without prizes, I bet we would get good turn out.

The place is worth saving.
I loved the handicapping talk...threads on class, figures, angles etc etc...

As much as I knock heads with you (Mike) and Tom...I think this is a good idea.
The Del-Toga contest was great. So were some of the other ones.
Prize or no prize, I still think it would be fun. We could have one race or one day contests and the winner gets to pick the next race or races & tries to defend his title. Hell I don't know, might be fun.
Look on the bright side...with me in the contest you know you won't finish last.

As for Off Topic...well, it's only the political talk that gets nasty. Sports and other topics are generally cordial.
It's your show bro, you make the call.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #67
thaskalos

I came to this site in 2004, a broken man who had lost his wife to a dreaded disease a few months prior. I had moved to a new house, with a 5-year old son to take care of on my own...and I would spend many a sleepless night pacing the floor of my new surroundings, wondering how to put the pieces of my life back together again. It was during one of those sleepless nights that I stumbled upon this website...and I was intrigued to discover that a group of people would gather together daily to chat about a game that I was (and still am) very passionate about.

It took me two years to finally decide to start posting here...and once I did, this site became vital to me. It isn't an overstatement for me to say that our conversations here gave new meaning to my life, at a time when almost all of life's meaning suddenly seemed meaningless to me. I looked forward to our horseracing conversations here...and even our sometimes heated debates gave me a peculiar sort of joy without which I doubt that I would have been able to maintain my sanity during those trying times that I was then wrestling with. I personally derived a great benefit through my interaction with all of you here...and I now feel that it would be wrong of me to just drop out of this site without at least telling you how appreciative I am of the role that this site, and all of you individually, have played in my life. I thank you one and all.

PS...

Dave Schwartz has called me a "fucking freeloader", and a "bully"...and since I consider Dave to be a reasonable man, I must admit that there is at least a small chance that he might be right in his assessment of me. If there is anyone here who feels that he has either been taken advantage of, or been bullied, by me...then I owe this person a huge apology, because this type of behavior is the exact opposite from what I wanted to exhibit here.

PEACE!
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #68
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I came to this site in 2004, a broken man who had lost his wife to a dreaded disease a few months prior. I had moved to a new house, with a 5-year old son to take care of on my own...and I would spend many a sleepless night pacing the floor of my new surroundings, wondering how to put the pieces of my life back together again. It was during one of those sleepless nights that I stumbled upon this website...and I was intrigued to discover that a group of people would gather together daily to chat about a game that I was (and still am) very passionate about.

It took me two years to finally decide to start posting here...and once I did, this site became vital to me. It isn't an overstatement for me to say that our conversations here gave new meaning to my life, at a time when almost all of life's meaning suddenly seemed meaningless to me. I looked forward to our horseracing conversations here...and even our sometimes heated debates gave me a peculiar sort of joy without which I doubt that I would have been able to maintain my sanity during those trying times that I was then wrestling with. I personally derived a great benefit through my interaction with all of you here...and I now feel that it would be wrong of me to just drop out of this site without at least telling you how appreciative I am of the role that this site, and all of you individually, have played in my life. I thank you one and all.

PS...

Dave Schwartz has called me a "fucking freeloader", and a "bully"...and since I consider Dave to be a reasonable man, I must admit that there is at least a small chance that he might be right in his assessment of me. If there is anyone here who feels that he has either been taken advantage of, or been bullied, by me...then I owe this person a huge apology, because this type of behavior is the exact opposite from what I wanted to exhibit here.

PEACE!
No need to apologize to any of us, especially Schwartz.
He's an SOB, and he sells a bunch of books & videos that aren't worth shit.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:25 PM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Glad you left software off the list...it's his software that enabled me to post multiple 500 race profitable runs on this website...something that apparently used to impress some people when it was done the first time here (not by me).

Peace.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:44 PM   #70
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Replying to this is a waste of time for me but will spend it only to create a comparison.

Quote:
This, however, is a post that clearly comes from a man of honor & integrity, because any man who can make a choice to look at himself in the mirror, will, choose to improve that man.

(Does not mean that he has agreed with who I claimed he was.)

Thaskalos, I offer you a hand of peace and an apology for my misjudging you.

Welcome back.

Dave
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2022, 11:44 PM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 03-19-2022, 02:27 AM   #72
fast4522

Quote:
PEACE!
First accept that Dave Schwartz description of you is his. Many men and women have had family get ill and die, it is a unfortunate part of life that has nothing to do with anything here. How fast PhantomOnTour is ready to attack Dave Schwartz is nothing new. Reviewing Dave Schwartz work suggests there is more than one way that works, and you guys are out to lunch.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2022, 10:24 AM   #73
mountainman

Tons of respect for both Dave and Gus. I call each of them friend and find them to be men of honor.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #74
elysiantraveller

Old 03-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #75
Greyfox

Quote:
I came to this site in 2004,...
I have always thought that you provided a lot of "meaningful food for thought" Thask! and hope that you will stay.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: