Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-03-2018, 06:37 AM   #106
jk3521
Registered Loser

True devotion..

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...202-story.html
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #107
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
His service dog still stands by

I saw that......very honorable to the end.

Sadly I recently lost my buddie Winston.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #108
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What a picture!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #109
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I saw that......very honorable to the end.

Sadly I recently lost my buddie Winston.
Very touching picture, indeed. It's no wonder that dogs are called a "man's best friend".

But what does that say about our fellowman?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #110
boxcar

H.W. Bush always seemed to a personable, congenial sort (as is his son, for that matter). At least that is how he portrayed himself in the public spotlight. Personally, therefore, the father was likeable, as is the son.

Politically, however, is a different story. One of the things that I will always remember Bush SR as being was a globalist who was not shy talking about the "new world order". I will talk more about this on a more appropriate thread later.

Meanwhile, my condolences go out to the entire Bush family.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #111
chadk66

I heard today he had a 90% approval rating right after the Iraq war. That's pretty impressive
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #112
reckless
Veteran

Knowing how vile the Democrat Party views Republicans and knowing how evil the liberal establishment media works, it would be very interesting on how G.H.W. Bush's death would have been viewed and reported on if Hillary won.

Yes, it's a moot point, of course, but I say there would be little praise for Bush as a leader and a bi-partisan President.

Also, there would be very little talk on winning the Gulf War or the fall of the Berlin Wall and a lot of chatter on the recession that defeated him.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #113
MargieRose

The Democratic Party, the Lefties, MSM and Hollywood...perennial vile and vicious hypocrites and liars to the core! Take it right from the mouth of George H.W. Bush. The year was 2004:

"I never felt the climate like it is now."

"They (MSM) have gone too far."

"Michael Moore...a below the belt guy."

Flashback: Sean Hannity interviews George H.W. Bush

Side note: Just heard that some dimwit liberal teacher in New Jersey told some five and six year old kids that Santa Claus, Rudolf, the Easter Bunny, etc. are not real. The parents are livid.

Liberalism has got to be some kind of freakin' morbid condition of the mind!!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #114
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
The Democratic Party, the Lefties, MSM and Hollywood...perennial vile and vicious hypocrites and liars to the core! Take it right from the mouth of George H.W. Bush. The year was 2004:

"I never felt the climate like it is now."

"They (MSM) have gone too far."

"Michael Moore...a below the belt guy."

Flashback: Sean Hannity interviews George H.W. Bush

Side note: Just heard that some dimwit liberal teacher in New Jersey told some five and six year old kids that Santa Claus, Rudolf, the Easter Bunny, etc. are not real. The parents are livid.

Liberalism has got to be some kind of freakin' morbid condition of the mind!!

chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #115
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Not surprised. Bush SR personifies the Political Establishment that feeds at the bottom of the Beltway Swamp.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #116
jk3521
Registered Loser

A touching scene..

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nda-vo-vpx.cnn
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #117
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Knowing how vile the Democrat Party views Republicans and knowing how evil the liberal establishment media works, it would be very interesting on how G.H.W. Bush's death would have been viewed and reported on if Hillary won.

Yes, it's a moot point, of course, but I say there would be little praise for Bush as a leader and a bi-partisan President.

Also, there would be very little talk on winning the Gulf War or the fall of the Berlin Wall and a lot of chatter on the recession that defeated him.

Or the fact that the democrat party controlled both sides House & Senate and still this good man our 41st President signed many noteworthy bills into law. I think the images above does not belong inside a thread that includes RIP. Another was the video showing President G.H.W. Bush's talking about JFK's death with a facial tic suggesting a smile, this was utterly disgusting. Public speaking is not something that is a easy task with control of facial muscles while breathing and delivery of what you want to say perfectly.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 07:00 PM   #118
jocko699
Resurrectionist

A Final Salute

Senator Dole

jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #119
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

All we have to do to see the mountain high hypocrisy of the media and the dimwits is remember how they treated HW when he was ALIVE -- when he was president. Did the lamestream media treat HW kindly and with respect and with dignity back then? To the lamestream media all Republican presidents are to be respected and revered after they're dead.

And we mustn't forget who it was who nominated Clarence Thomas to the SC. Was the media kind and respectful of Bush after he made that choice?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #120
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
One of the things that I will always remember Bush SR as being was a globalist who was not shy talking about the "new world order".
"Globalist" and "new world order" have been over-used to the point that no one knows what they mean any more. It's like Humpty Dumpty in Wonderland:

Quote:
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
One meaning of NWO refers to a conspiracy theory for a single totalitarian government ruling the world. If you look on the back of a dollar bill, you will see the words "NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM". Generally translated as a "new order of the ages", it can also mean "new order of the world". Which many people prefer it to mean.

And then there is this:
Quote:
US President Donald Trump is building a new world order upheld by American leadership and democracy, his secretary of state told diplomats at an event here Tuesday, blaming Iran and China for instability in the world.
Pompeo called it a "new liberal order". Suspicions confirmed!

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/mike-p...w-world-order/