Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #61
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
You need to carefully reread this thread.Both NJStinks and myself had good things to say about Bush.It was hijacked by Q conspiracy theory nuts.Unless you consider Replay Randall ,who is one of my favorite posters, to be a liberal.There have been so far no negative comments about George the Elder on here from us liberal types.

Not that it won't happen.
Spot on...people who sterio-type and broad brush...very sad indeed..
Old 12-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #62
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Randall might believe any of the following in no particular order:

Bush Sr. was involved in the Kennedy assassination
was one of those deep state globalist NWO guys
might be a reptilian

was a covert German citizen/spy for Hitler, sent here when he was 14, if I have all my conspiracy theories correct.

The last one is the most entertaining of course:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/s...pol_bush19.htm

http://www.thebushconnection.com/bush.html
Maybe not, in another thread I noted that he enjoyed having a shtick. I suggest that he is not alone and others here enjoy having a shtick.
But having one and using it as the basis for everything is a guarantee that you will not see the forest from the trees when everyone in the room can see the truth.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #63
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Maybe not, in another thread I noted that he enjoyed having a shtick. I suggest that he is not alone and others here enjoy having a shtick.
But having one and using it as the basis for everything is a guarantee that you will not see the forest from the trees when everyone in the room can see the truth.
And what would that specific truth be that everyone can see?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #64
fast4522

That President Bush 41 was a good man who was cut from the cloth of Presidents that preceded him and Q is garbage in labeling him. Had he faced different lets say 100 X bad that would test any President he was one most able to find the best outcome. So I guess I am supporting someone most would agree about his qualitys regardless of affiliation.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #65
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
That President Bush 41 was a good man who was cut from the cloth of Presidents that preceded him and Q is garbage in labeling him. Had he faced different lets say 100 X bad that would test any President he was one most able to find the best outcome. So I guess I am supporting someone most would agree about his qualitys regardless of affiliation.
I couldn't disagree more with your post here, in it's totality....GHWB was the worst GOP POTUS in my lifetime, Carter being the worst of all....Moving on.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:44 PM   #66
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Jumping out of a burning airplane into the sea while fighting for his country....... enough for me.......
Same here.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #67
thaskalos

There may indeed be some political figures who deserve criticism even on the day of their death...but George H.W. Bush isn't one of them, IMO. He served his country with more bravery than I could ever muster...and for that, the least I could do is offer him my respect. And my sincere condolences go out to his family.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #68
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Bush Sr. was involved in the Kennedy assassination
I have it on good authority that Bush Sr. was the man on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza.

But seriously, folks.

There is a good article about him in City Journal titled "The Underestimated", talking about how people did underestimate him until they came up against him. It opens with:
Quote:
George H. W. Bush was always being underestimated. Though he was successful at almost everything he did—Yale student, baseball team captain, fighter pilot, oil executive, politician, and father—people always seemed to think that he was missing something.
It concludes:
Quote:
With his humor, his grace, and his ease with people, George H. W. Bush embodied the phrase, “Never let them see you sweat.” But the lack of visible perspiration didn’t mean that Bush wasn’t sweating—or hadn’t worked extraordinarily hard. We shall not see his likes again.
https://www.city-journal.org/remembering-george-hw-bush
Old 12-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #69
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Sometimes a 35 second video is all it takes to become awake...maybe not.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:21 PM   #70
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
There is nothing there except a little facial tic. And the conspiracy nuts are calling it "laughing". Anyone hear a laugh there?

What did Bush Sr. do or fail to do that was so bad? I would certainly rate "W" as a much worse president just on body counts. Operation Desert Storm had about 150 troops killed. W's little excursion into Iraq had over 4000 American troops dead and over 30,000 wounded.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM   #71
azeri98

He was a vet and did spend most of his life in the public , but he also played grab ass like Clinton did, I don't think he was that great of a president
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #72
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
he also played grab ass like Clinton did, I don't think he was that great of a president

Some women have claimed that he "groped" them. That hardly puts him in the major leagues with Clinton. I don't think anyone is claiming that he was a great president, but I've seen no evidence that he was a bad one by any standard.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #73
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
He was a vet and did spend most of his life in the public , but he also played grab ass like Clinton did, I don't think he was that great of a president
We're all entitled to our opinions but to compare him with a guy that got an aide to give him a blow job in the oval office is a real reach.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:55 PM   #74
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
We're all entitled to our opinions but to compare him with a guy that got an aide to give him a blow job in the oval office is a real reach.

Bush Sr. would never do that without his wife's permission.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #75
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

https://youtu.be/ft3eGWZd7LE
This is getting both pathetic and ridiculous. I have an occasional & slight facial tic, have no control of when it happens. Barely noticeable but similar to the video. Hopefully no one reads into the few times it happens. If so , it's their issue not mine.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: