Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-28-2018, 11:31 PM   #2026
hcap

Collusion or conspiracy to defraud the US with Russia, is IMO, not the main subject of the Mueller probe.

Obstruction of justice is.
Collusion to follow

Historical mirror to what Nixon got busted for’: Maddow explains how Trump’s obstruction of justice is even worse

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/his...ce-even-worse/

Maddow began the extended segment in 1974, detailing how congressional leaders learned the details of obstruction of justice by the Nixon White House by subpoenaing the special prosecutor.

Beginning no later than March 21st, 1973, the president joined an ongoing criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice, obstruct a criminal investigation and to commit perjury, including making and causing to be made false statements and declarations, making offers of clemency and leniency, and obtaining information from the justice department to thwart its investigation,” the document read.

“For example, there’s evidence that the president conspired with others … to defraud the United States, and to commit violations of certain federal criminal laws, to wit: obstruction of justice … which included paying of funds and offers of clemency and other benefits to influence the testimony of witnesses, making and facilitating the making of false statements and declarations, obtaining information about the ongoing information from the Justice Department for the purpose of diverting or thwarting the investigation,” the document continued.

Sound familiar?
As I have said, it's only a matter of time
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 PM   #2027
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Right, wrong or indifferent, you are more entertaining than Maddow, Harry...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #2028
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Right, wrong or indifferent, you are entertaining Harry...
Did you watch the video.
Comment?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:37 PM   #2029
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Did you watch the video.
Comment?
I said you were more entertaining than Maddow....What more can I say?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:43 PM   #2030
hcap

Quote:
I said you were more entertaining than Maddow....What more can I say?
No you didn't, but the point is, no matter the "entertainment", the amazing parallels to Tricky Dick are. And how O.o.J. comes in with precedents of earth shaking similarities
Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #2031
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
No you didn't, but the point is, no matter the "entertainment", the amazing parallels to Tricky Dick are. And how O.o.J. comes in with precedents of earth shaking similarities
Every Liberal wants to relive the glory days of the great takedown of Nixon.....It's 45 years later and they're still rehashing the same old tired narrative, it has NOTHING to do with Trump.....They all need to get on with their lives, as Mueller has no hand to play, it's over.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #2032
hcap

Quote:
Every Liberal wants to relive the glory days of the great takedown of Nixon.....It's 45 years later and they're still rehashing the same old tired narrative, it has NOTHING to do with Trump.....They all need to get on with their lives, as Mueller has no hand to play, it's over.
Let's see what happens first.

"Q" or the Mueller probe.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:08 AM   #2033
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

We both might be waiting a long time....

But I have a cutoff date of Jan 3rd, when I'll give it up if nothing major happens.

Life's too short, the wife and I have our Golden years to live out enthusiastically, and that's what we'll be doing.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #2034
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
The Ken Starr investigation lasted four years and cost $40 million dollars (plus).

But it was certainly worth it. After all, it led to the impeachment of the most corrupt, reviled and evil President this country has ever had--Bill Clinton.

Although Clinton was acquitted in the Senate 55-45, (45 Dems and 10 republicans voted against), it was still well worth the time and money to come to the conclusion that Bill Clinton did indeed get a blow-job in the oval office.
Brilliant and qualifies you for induction in to the "Ignore Hall of Fame." Please join your other friends for this time honored tradition. One piece of advice is don't turn your back to Fantastic Dan.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 01:09 AM   #2035
fast4522

Quote:
I want to agree with you but something tells me he will write a book next.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 01:43 AM   #2036
davew

Quote:

it is only a matter of time …

I can only take so much of MadCow before getting noxious, can you tell me what Trump did to defraud the United States?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 06:30 AM   #2037
chadk66

Still a big nothing burger. What little Mueller thought he had is falling apart before his very eyes
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #2038
lamboguy

there is a lot of drama to this, can't wait to see the report one way or the other.

no matter how much you pay, you could never get more entertainment from anything else. but the show cost's plenty of millions to produce.

they keep you tuned in, the suspense is building and for me, i have no clue of the outcome. i am rooting for Trump because having him in the spotlight is a never-ending gift to my ears.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #2039
chadk66

Been two plus years and nothing to show for it at this point. What he thought he had just went poof. There's gonna be some really disappointed liberals.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #2040
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
The Ken Starr investigation lasted four years and cost $40 million dollars (plus).

But it was certainly worth it. After all, it led to the impeachment of the most corrupt, reviled and evil President this country has ever had--Bill Clinton.

Although Clinton was acquitted in the Senate 55-45, (45 Dems and 10 republicans voted against), it was still well worth the time and money to come to the conclusion that Bill Clinton did indeed get a blow-job in the oval office.
Bottom line, all Clinton had to do to stop the investigation and walk away clean was to tell the truth. He lied. And his wife lied.

Some things we did not expect of a POUTS back then -

1. He would take advantage of an INTERN
2. He would lie through his teeth to the American people on TV.and under oath.

Silly us, we expected integrity and morality from our presidents.
And today YOU guys whine about Trump.

This is why I say you are all nuts worrying about what he says or what he tweets - I only pay attention to the results he has brought. He can say anything he wants to say. As long as he passes the gravy.