Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #91
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
You need to re-read that other thread and learn to STFU!!
This kind of stuff is so uncalled for and should have been deleted...my apologies to EMD4ME.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #92
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This kind of stuff is so uncalled for and should have been deleted...my apologies to EMD4ME.
This was his post which I was referencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
What allows you to say that to Class? You're inability to decipher between post position and program #? The fact that you don't know the difference shows how much you actually even know about this game. Not knocking you for it but please don't act like some sort of knowledgeable pro.
Which was made in response to my post to Classhandicapper, ...

Quote:
You sort of disproved a point of some on here that jockeys aren't trying. As you noted he probably did make a premature move. It was a split decision which you win sometimes and lose other times. Your observation is basically 20/20 hindsight. If your horse won, you'd be posting it differently.
Now his post indicating my

"inability to decipher between post position and program #? The fact that you don't know the difference shows how much you actually even know about this game."

was regarding a post which I made in another thread.

Quote:
I've always assumed the post position stats were based on the horse's post position rather than the horse's number which frequently doesn't match post position. Good question, hope someone can clarify.
Please point out my inability to "decipher". At the time I originally posted I was trying to provide an example which I later was able to do. I felt I was within your posting guidelines by using STFU instead of spelling it out.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-27-2016 at 06:48 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #93
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Please point out my inability to "decipher". At the time I originally posted I was trying to provide an example which I later was able to do. I felt I was within your posting guidelines by using STFU instead of spelling it out.
I think your response was way overboard for what he wrote you, that's all.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #94
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
I think your response was way overboard for what he wrote you, that's all.
I don't think it was overboard since I was discussing horse racing with these two others before he decided to interject his thoughts. One of those raised a good question because I've also seen post position stats provided by the tracks but never gathered them myself.

You've now twice questioned my motives regarding my responses to him and you don't believe I have no ulterior motives but rather just respond to his posts depending on how and what he has posted.

Now, you've apologized but, if I'm wrong or incorrect and I agree with it, I have no problem apologizing for myself but, neither of you have pointed out where my post(s) were wrong and his was correct.

I usually come on here to discuss horse racing ideas hoping to improve my game. My opinion is that he posts a lot without really stating anything.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-29-2016 at 07:37 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #95
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
My opinion is that he posts a lot without really stating anything.
As a response, I am not going to 'really state anything'. That way your claim can at least garner some merit
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 PM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I don't think it was overboard since I was discussing horse racing with these two others before he decided to interject his thoughts. One of those raised a good question because I've also seen post position stats provided by the tracks but never gathered them myself.

You've now twice questioned my motives regarding my responses to him and you don't believe I have no ulterior motives but rather just respond to his posts depending on how and what he has posted.

Now, you've apologized but, if I'm wrong or incorrect and I agree with it, I have no problem apologizing for myself but, neither of you have pointed out where my post(s) were wrong and his was correct.

I usually come on here to discuss horse racing ideas hoping to improve my game. My opinion is that he posts a lot without really stating anything.
You're writing an awful lot, but not sure it's necessary.

When you tell someone to STFU around here, either via an acronym or spelled out, you'd better have a damn good reason.

I say you did not have a damn good reason. I say you brought whatever lingering ill will you have for each other into this particular exchange, which certainly did NOT warrant a STFU.

Hope this clears it all up for you.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #97
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You're writing an awful lot, but not sure it's necessary.

When you tell someone to STFU around here, either via an acronym or spelled out, you'd better have a damn good reason.

I say you did not have a damn good reason. I say you brought whatever lingering ill will you have for each other into this particular exchange, which certainly did NOT warrant a STFU.

Hope this clears it all up for you.

Thanks.
Sorry I missed that one.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply