Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Obama supporters, duplicity on parade

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Skw-0jv9kts

Watch their faces at the end of the video. But they quickly rationalize their way back to Obama

[YT="Yeah right"]Skw-0jv9kts[/YT]
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

[YT="More"]ohhMCgczEww&sns[/YT]
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
... But they quickly rationalize their way back to Obama

I have hope for a couple of them.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
[YT="More"]ohhMCgczEww&sns[/YT]
No hope at all for them.

"forty cents on the dollar"

"you gotta get deeper into debt to get out of debt"

Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
mostpost

This is like Jay Walking. I don't mean crossing in the middle of the street. I mean the Jay Leno segment where he goes out on the street and asks people simple questions which they always get wrong. Do you really think that everyone whom Jay talks to doesn't know who is buried in Grant's tomb. The people who do know end up on the cutting room floor-or the digital equivalent. The stupid people get on television so we can laugh at them.

The same applies here. Who knows how many interviews were deleted to make this seven minute video. If I went out and asked similar questions of Romney voters I would get equally dumb answers-if I edited the tape. Stupid is non partisan.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
This is like Jay Walking. I don't mean crossing in the middle of the street. I mean the Jay Leno segment where he goes out on the street and asks people simple questions which they always get wrong. Do you really think that everyone whom Jay talks to doesn't know who is buried in Grant's tomb. The people who do know end up on the cutting room floor-or the digital equivalent. The stupid people get on television so we can laugh at them.

The same applies here. Who knows how many interviews were deleted to make this seven minute video. If I went out and asked similar questions of Romney voters I would get equally dumb answers-if I edited the tape. Stupid is non partisan.
You might consider asking the Romney supporters if they agree with Richard Mourdock's comments about Rape. That's a good starting point.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You might consider asking the Romney supporters if they agree with Richard Mourdock's comments about Rape. That's a good starting point.
What does this have to do with Romney?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
ArlJim78

it's a microcosm of the same type of mindless cult worship we see on here and in the media. whenever these points regarding Obama being actually far worse than Bush on the very issues the left claimed to despise Bush for are brought up, it's met with the sound of *crickets*. that's why it's pointless to argue with liberals. they accept a priori things like BUSH=BAD, OBAMA=much better than BUSH. the rules of logic do not apply in a cult.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

Obviously, but the questions asked were those same ones that I tend to rely upon when deciphering who is clueless when they start talking about what a pacifist, anti-Bush hero Obama is. Many of these questions are exactly why I feel a certain level of contempt for the President. When I get people that jump my shit about why I dislike Obama's policy, I ask them if they like the Bush policy on... (Patriot Act, NDAA, indef. detainment, drone use, undeclared wars, assassination of American citizens without any due process, etc, etc, etc...)... they of course say "oh, hell no!" - and then I note that those are all Obama policy and watch the contortions. Of course then they ramble on about Republican obstructionism like Rosie the Robot prior to meltdown in search of whatever must be the canned response to explain it away...

I have no doubt, based on my own experiences, that given these particular questions and answers - that these interviews are probably a very fair representation of reality. Entirely fair? Almost certainly not, but close enough. And as I said, there were a few of those guys that actually surprised me by acting as though they were taking the point fairly seriously and willing to come to grips with the reality that the great Constitutional Scholar and protector of civil liberties was and is everything bad about Bush on that front and then some. It isn't the most important issue for some people and shouldn't change the minds of those that vote and don't care that much, but for those that allegedly do care about it, it should be at least enough to reconsider that blind loyalty to a counterfeit and a counterfeit party system.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhannibalsmith
I ask them if they like the Bush policy on... (Patriot Act, NDAA, indef. detainment, drone use, undeclared wars, assassination of American citizens without any due process, etc, etc, etc...)... they of course say "oh, hell no!" - and then I note that those are all Obama policy and watch the contortions.
There are enormous differences between Obama policy in these matters and Bush policy. First let's deal with the charges of hypocrisy. The Patriot Act was passed during the Bush Administration and most everyone voted for it.

The Patriot Act did not come up for renewal in 2011. Only certain provisions sunset at that time and had to be renewed. Republicans in both houses of Congress overwhelmingly supported that renewal. Yet you now criticize Obama for signing that renewal.

When Obama signed the NDAA he also issued a signing statement in which he said that his administration would not indefinitely detain American citizens. As for foreign citizens who are currently or might later be detained, the Obama administration has long wanted to close down the detention facility at Guantanamo.

They have been blocked from this by a Republican Congress which has refused to authorize funds to transfer the Guantanamo detainees to US prisons, or to allow them to be tried in civilian American courts.

Drone use: I favor drone use; favored it under Bush. favor it under Obama. It is a way of targeting enemy leaders at minimum risk to our personnel. Drones ought to be used with maximum consideration to minimizing non combatant casualties, and I think that is being done.

Declaration of war is an outmoded concept. There was no declaration of war against North Korea. No declaration of war against the VIet Cong. No declaration of war against Panama. No declaration of war against Grenada.

But I am curious as to where you think Obama is waging an undeclared war. I mean one that he started. He has ended our undeclared and unjust war in Iraq and is ending the war in Afghanistan. Ending a war is not like stopping a bicycle. It takes time.

I would also like you to point out where and when American citizens have been assassinated on American soil by our government. If a so called American citizen has joined a terrorist organization and is carrying out attacks against us, he has de facto forfeited his rights as an American. Of course if he is captured he should be tried in a court, but if he is in a combat situation he should suffer the fate of any terrorist.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Greyfox

"Talking the talk...but not walking the walk"

Quote:
As for foreign citizens who are currently or might later be detained, the Obama administration has long wanted to close down the detention facility at Guantanamo.

They have been blocked from this by a Republican Congress which has refused to authorize funds to transfer the Guantanamo detainees to US prisons, or to allow them to be tried in civilian American courts.

Excuse me.
If memory serves me correctly he said that he would sign an order closing that facility on his first day of Office.
Obama had two years where the Republicans could not have blocked any money transfers if he had the desire to do so.
Obviously, he did not have the desire to do so.
Just another example of how Obama talks the talk and doesn't walk the walk.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What does this have to do with Romney?
You either care or you dont. If you dont care than no, it doesnt have anything to do with Mittler.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Excuse me.
If memory serves me correctly he said that he would sign an order closing that facility on his first day of Office.
I don't know if you are correct on that or not. I know he said he would close Guantanamo, but don't recall anything about an order on the first day.
Obama had two years where the Republicans could not have blocked any money transfers if he had the desire to do so.
Obviously, he did not have the desire to do so.
Just another example of how Obama talks the talk and doesn't walk the walk.
Your continued insistence that Obama had total control of Congress for two years shows a complete lack of understanding on your part. In the first place Ted Kennedy died in August of 2009 and was replaced by Scott Brown in early 2010. Secondly one of those Democrats was Joe Liebermann who would never vote for closing Guantanamo.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Greyfox

Quote:
Your continued insistence that Obama had total control of Congress for two years shows a complete lack of understanding on your part. In the first place Ted Kennedy died in August of 2009 and was replaced by Scott Brown in early 2010. Secondly one of those Democrats was Joe Liebermann who would never vote for closing Guantanamo.
Obama never did anything to close the facility. Another promise broken.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Obama never did anything to close the facility. Another promise broken.
So you are in favor of closing the facility at Guantanamo and that is why you are upset that Obama did not close it?