Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-05-2023, 03:37 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

The FBI refused to hand over the doc

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2023, 08:10 PM   #3
davew

lock him up, put him in solitary confinement for 18 months and then take him to trial

Last edited by davew; 06-05-2023 at 08:11 PM.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 09:44 AM   #4
lex

So I'm not sure if it's good or bad but I think the problem here is that Republicans aren't as good as Democrats and Schiff at spinning nonsense. Schiff knows to just go out and give vague statements like "I've seen tons of evidence" knowing full well we'll never see anything from these meetings they have. Comer goes out and talks about something specific that it appears actually was investigated and didn't end up anywhere.

Comer of course saw the form from the beginning. He knew what was in it but strangely wouldn't say. But he really really wants to make sure a bunch of others see it. So I'd guess he wants this thing leaked but he can't do that with only a small number of people having seen it right now.

Basically we have a case of Trump had an investigation opened for zero reason and Republicans are mad that this one was done properly and they're trying to say it wasn't. At this point I'd give them credit if they just went out and said this is how an investigation should be handled as opposed to what happened to Trump. They could give credit to Barr and Trump for running a proper DOJ and show that's how a place that isn't politicized is supposed to run.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 10:01 AM   #5
P.Rosa
Gambler

The Republicans are just making noise, if they really wanted to get anything solved they would be pushing for a special prosecutor with subpoena & arrest powers to investigate Biden, Wray and Garland.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #6
lex

I feel like if they're going to do this stuff they need to be vague. You can't go with this and then have someone be able to say exactly who investigated the initial claim.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2023, 04:23 AM   #7
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
So I'm not sure if it's good or bad but I think the problem here is that Republicans aren't as good as Democrats and Schiff at spinning nonsense. Schiff knows to just go out and give vague statements like "I've seen tons of evidence" knowing full well we'll never see anything from these meetings they have. Comer goes out and talks about something specific that it appears actually was investigated and didn't end up anywhere.

Comer of course saw the form from the beginning. He knew what was in it but strangely wouldn't say. But he really really wants to make sure a bunch of others see it. So I'd guess he wants this thing leaked but he can't do that with only a small number of people having seen it right now.

Basically we have a case of Trump had an investigation opened for zero reason and Republicans are mad that this one was done properly and they're trying to say it wasn't. At this point I'd give them credit if they just went out and said this is how an investigation should be handled as opposed to what happened to Trump. They could give credit to Barr and Trump for running a proper DOJ and show that's how a place that isn't politicized is supposed to run.
is spinning nonsense the same as lying?

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply