Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-04-2023, 09:44 PM   #46
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Hey MargieRose, who are you going to vote for if Desantis wins the Republican nomination?
DeSantis, of course.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2023, 09:46 PM   #47
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I will vote for him and then go home and take a shower.

Shouldn't you take that shower before you vote? You could on line for hours in a very crowded polling place.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2023, 10:36 PM   #48
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Shouldn't you take that shower before you vote? You could on line for hours in a very crowded polling place.

I vote at a church and being self employed working 3 miles away I don't have to vote during rush hour. Also even in a very popular election no more than 2,000 people vote there. Often when I vote maybe at most I am two or three deep in line.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2023, 07:11 AM   #49
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I vote at a church and being self employed working 3 miles away I don't have to vote during rush hour. Also even in a very popular election no more than 2,000 people vote there. Often when I vote maybe at most I am two or three deep in line.

There's voting held at your church? What about separation of church and state? lol

I live in a small township and the polling places are either in the main township building or at a grade school.

Never really had an "over crowded" election turnout, even in the past 2-3 years with the presidential election and a hot governor's race on the line.

We have crappy politicians and shitty governments mainly because of apathy and the simple lack of good citizenry, IMO.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #50
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
There's voting held at your church? What about separation of church and state? lol

I live in a small township and the polling places are either in the main township building or at a grade school.

Never really had an "over crowded" election turnout, even in the past 2-3 years with the presidential election and a hot governor's race on the line.

We have crappy politicians and shitty governments mainly because of apathy and the simple lack of good citizenry, IMO.

The whole dozen years I have lived here the polling place has not changed.
I am pretty sure the practice of making a doughnut and coffee available to the people who vote early isn't legal as it is usually done by a couple well seasoned female citizens who are also handing out religious fliers inviting you to Sunday service. Around here you only have to stay back 40 feet from a polling place if you are campaigning.

Since the Capitol Police are 80 miles away no one is going to bust a couple little old ladies passing out a doughnut and coffee inviting people to Sunday service.

The funny thing about voting at a church is I don't feel it is appropriate to walk into a church dressed in my normal work clothes, so I will dress up to go vote. When I lived in California the last place I voted in was a grade school.
Other places I voted in were the airport, down to people's garages in bad neighborhoods.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-05-2023 at 11:07 AM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 01:05 PM   #51
fast4522

Flashback: Donald Trump predicted the PGA-LIV merger a year ago

‘If you don’t take the money now, you will get nothing after the merger takes place’

https://thespectator.com/life/donald...ga-liv-merger/
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply