Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-20-2023, 02:52 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
According to NOAA Sea levels have risen 8-9 inches. I guess they are lying.To prove this to you they would have had to take a picture 100 years ago.

I see plenty of photographic proof of effect of drought on lake and river levels going way back, there are nice clear pictures of the water level at Hoover Dam from 1940 you can easily make a visual judgement that the water is at the claimed level compared to today. Yet no such evidence exists proving sea level rise.

Another issue is all the so called experts are all over the place with their claims of sea level rise past it makes it obvious it is nothing but guesswork using modeling.

When I take someone to task for promoting false information like when Cliffy claimed charging electric cars had little impact on the grid, I used solid facts and hard numbers harvested from my knowledge of electricity and I called on anyone to prove me wrong.

Of course as you and Cliffy both do, you argue with insults and claims pulled from your "trusted'" sources of which many are wrong.

Do you trust the NTSB? That is my favorite recent example of government investigative ineptness. They reported that the East Palestine train derailment was caused my a failed wheel bearing. Freight tankers and cars don't have wheel bearings. Any rail yard maintenance mechanic, or even a podunk machine shop owner like me could have told them that.

Also the study of man made climate change and combating it's so called wrath of destruction is big business. A lot of tax payer money go toward it.
Do you really think scientists would kill their cash cow?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2023, 02:54 PM   #17
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Article is dated in 2015. Gasoline was 2.75 a gallon at the time of printing
https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/
RayT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2023, 02:59 PM   #18
jimmyb

Quote:
Again, you and half smoke are referring to todays gasoline prices. I posted an article dated 2015 when gasoline actually averaged 2.43 per gallon for that year.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2023, 03:10 PM   #19
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
the cause of 8 homes in Norway being swept into the sea is given as being a landslide

the risks of landslides increase due to climate change according to multiple sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopB8CtSn3E

really - I paid $3.90 per gallon of regular yesterday

according to the link the average price of a gallon on May 15, 2023 was $3.64

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_ga...e%20year%20ago.

Link to the article I got information from. It references 2015 actual costs.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/sc...te-change-june
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2023, 03:35 PM   #20
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Again, you and half smoke are referring to todays gasoline prices. I posted an article dated 2015 when gasoline actually averaged 2.43 per gallon for that year.
I wasn't referring to anything thought I could be helpful Guy said he paid 3.90 which is within top 10 WORST prices in country right now. Unlucky.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:22 PM   #21
zico20

Quote:
😂. Thanks for the lesson... I realize I need to be quite clear. They didn't know Climate change was a thing 100 years ago and you would be requesting a picture. But to your point beaches are eroding and that can't be disputed. I think you are looking for higher water picture? Wouldn't pictures of smaller beaches be what uou really want to prove ocean is rising...

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/co...stal%20erosion.
The oceans have been rising and falling for billions of years and it will continue to do so for billions of years more. Getting rid of your gas stove isn't going to change that, sorry to have to tell you that.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:36 PM   #22
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
The oceans have been rising and falling for billions of years and it will continue to do so for billions of years more. Getting rid of your gas stove isn't going to change that, sorry to have to tell you that.
I'll give you a million dollars if you find a post where I said I favored getting rid of gas stoves. I think it is absurd. I tend to think logically about each issue and my positions vary widely. I know that is hard for those that watch their propaganda of choice to fathom that.

Last edited by RayT; 05-21-2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #23
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
are you talking about tides due to the pull from the moon or the waves from the wind?

at least the green new deal is outsourcing jobs and required components to CHINA
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
classhandicapper

Whatever the truth is, we should all know by now the leadership of the left is very comfortable lying and exaggerating because they think the rest of us are morons that won't do the right thing unless we are terrified or forced into submission using totalitarian measures. The problem is that it often turns out they are the morons.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:13 AM   #25
davew

dim wits believe in MAGIC

Old 05-24-2023, 06:24 AM   #26
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Do all Dimwits believe this? Can someone have conservative leanings and also be Anti-MAGA? Can someone see a Pedophile Catholic priest without concluding ALL Catholics are pedophiles? We are fucked as a country when such ridiculous binary thinking is applied. We are fucking letting the tail of both parties wag the dog.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:57 AM   #27
Half Smoke

Quote:
Do all Dimwits believe this? Can someone have conservative leanings and also be Anti-MAGA? Can someone see a Pedophile Catholic priest without concluding ALL Catholics are pedophiles? We are fucked as a country when such ridiculous binary thinking is applied. We are fucking letting the tail of both parties wag the dog.

there are quite a few people who believe that the U.S. Government is inherently evil

and that everything that comes from it, especially when their party is not in power is horribly wrong

what the Government's motivation in putting out all of this misinformation is unclear

I guess many feel that the Government just wants to f*** things up - that that's how they get their jollies

my personal belief:

it's healthy to be skeptical and questioning of Government programs

but its wrong to believe that just because something comes from the Government that it's necessarily b.s.

Last edited by Half Smoke; 05-24-2023 at 06:59 AM.
Half Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2023, 08:18 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Can someone have conservative leanings and also be Anti-MAGA?
Not in this day and age. The left has become extreme...thus, it's no surprise a counter-extremism arose on the right...namely, what you like to call MAGA.

You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. It's totally binary at this point.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:27 PM   #29
talcen

institutional fear mongering keeps the government grants coming in ...
talcen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2023, 10:01 PM   #30
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by talcen View Post
institutional fear mongering keeps the government grants coming in ...
and foreign 'aid' with corruption kickbacks to a few ....