Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2023, 12:22 PM   #1
VeryOldMan

Sara Elbadwi?

I watch NYRA's coverage on a somewhat regular basis - but don't know the alternative handicapper, Sara Elbadwi, who posted picks today.

I'm not trying to stir up a Two Minute Hate against her. On the contrary. I'm simply curious whether she will be a regular going forward. What's her deal?
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 01:31 PM   #2
CheckMark

Hopefully so at least I would keep her as she is a great co-host with Andy and Anthony

I look up to her since she is a young capper and so am I so hopefully in the near future I can be just as successful as she will it will take some time but with some hard work and dedication I know I will land somewhere to help others out handicap this sport together
Old 03-10-2023, 02:22 PM   #3
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryOldMan View Post
I watch NYRA's coverage on a somewhat regular basis - but don't know the alternative handicapper, Sara Elbadwi, who posted picks today.

I'm not trying to stir up a Two Minute Hate against her. On the contrary. I'm simply curious whether she will be a regular going forward. What's her deal?
She's from the Northeast, and I came across her as a young handicapper with good opinions on Twitter (with the very savvy handle @OutrunTheOdds), mostly focused on NYRA racing. Sara was then hired on to the Horse Racing Nation website staff. She spent around a year (?) there producing handicapping content that was well-received, while also guesting on others' podcasts. I believe it was around Breeders' Cup time (possibly later) last year that she took the position at NYRA as Production Assistant. I would expect her to continue to have more on air opportunities. She handles them well.

I track the performance of the NYRA handicappers - in her "Talking Horses" appearances so far in 2023 (not including today's results), she is 10-35 +20.00 (on a $2 basis).
BarchCapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 02:51 PM   #4
the little guy

Sara started a month ago. She is working with us in the TV department and filling in on Talking Horses. We're thrilled to have her.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 04:04 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

10-35?

Nice!
Old 03-10-2023, 05:00 PM   #6
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Sara started a month ago. She is working with us in the TV department and filling in on Talking Horses. We're thrilled to have her.
We could talk about her "win record", her hits during the first appearance on Talking Horses, or any number of points. Here is what I have observed : Sara does the work - seriously. She watches replays, researches pedigrees, and, as I said, does the work. New York is a tough market and she has the potential to be really strong.
ScottJ is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 07:42 PM   #7
Publius

I believe today was not first time Sara appeared on Talkin Horses. I have seen her on podcasts and she has good opinions.
Publius is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2023, 11:25 AM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

For a handicapping show, I'd prefer 2 heavyweights(horseplaying heavyweights), w/ revolving guests of authors, pros, tourny players (and for tourny players I'd first prefer reasonably successful solo acts vs a higher finishing team).

I'm not the majority, nor the target demographic, so it's a bit silly to imagine a dream scenario that caters to my preferences.

Elbadwi is a legit member of a racing broadcast and she's done a nice job on talking horses.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: