Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
Secretariat

Clarke on 60 Minutes

After watching Clarke on sixty minutes I felt great sadness. His comments at the end said it all, "I lost friends at both the Pentagon and WTC" and when asked whether there was rage in his book. He said, "I hope so."

He said the Bush adminstration has done a horrible job against terrorism. This from a man who served in Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton, and now this White House. That's a lot of public service.

For those who ask why he wrote this book and why he did this interview, it was the ending that revealed that to me the most...I imagine it's tough going to bed at night when you know the truth what happened on Pennsylvania Avenue, and when you know people who've actually died at WTC and the Pentagon, and how it's now being spinned by a corrupt and inept adminstration.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I see an tired old man passed by in the uselfullness department, trying to hawk a book and maybe get hired as a Kerry mud-slinger.

His credibilty, with me, is pretty low.
May be some truths in his book, but who cares?

The point is moot.

I don't care what Bush thought pre-911 - I like what he is doing since 911.

And if he mislead us to get support to take out Iraq, read my lips.....I still don't care. Iraq needed taking out and I am glad we did it, for whatever reasons.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Figman

He spun too many "45s on Bandstand!
Figman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Cool Condi Op-Ed in response to the wingnut

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Mar21.html

and another about him....

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/143

Oh yeah.....BTW.....when Dr. Rice speaks of meeting daily with the CIA director........she is referring to the fact that Bill Clinton had not had a face to face "secure" meeting with Tenet for 3 years according to some reports.

Last edited by JustRalph; 03-22-2004 at 05:07 AM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
JustMissed

Smile That Clark guy is a real loser!

That Clark guy is a real loser.

He got demoted and now his panties are in a wad and he would like too get his old job back if Kerry gets elected, if not, sell a few books.

The dead giveaway was how long the fu#ker worked after 9/11.

The big shame of it all is the choices we have, Bush or Kerry.

I've never missed an election but I may damn well vote Nader or write in that black guys name, not sharpton but the one that's real smart, Ambassador Keys I think it is.

Justmissed

Last edited by JustMissed; 03-22-2004 at 01:38 PM.
JustMissed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 02:31 PM   #6
so.cal.fan

I watched this show with an open mind, my gut feeling was that this man, Clark was not telling the truth.......I have to disregard this "information" he is disclosing.........Just Missed asks a good question.....why did he work so long after 9/11.........what does this say about his integrity if what he says is true? Why wait until you lose your position? I'm not buying his story or his book.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
Secretariat

You guys are unbeleivable.

Here's a man with a distinguished carreer. Hired in the Reagan administration and worked for eight years there, was felt so highly that the older Bush kept him on, was so impressive that even when the White House changed parties they kept him on for his expertise, and even when parties changed again they kept him on. That is almost unheard of. That is someone that administrations had faith and trust in.

And now the White House tries to pass this man off as some profiteer or incompetent. He could have written a book years ago. He could have quit after 911, but tried desperately to work within the system. What he is saying is his warnings were unheeded by this administration.

And now I hear today that the White House Treasury Department should have classifed those documents that O'Neill referred to but they didn't and so O'Neill broke no laws. Notice they didn't claim O'Neill was wrong about the information on Bush, but that they just didn't hide them effectively enough from the normal citizens.

I would understand if liberals such as Hilary Clinton came forth and made these allegations, but the problem is that so many of the right wingers on this board are so entrenched that even when members of your own party come forward and risk scorn from thier own party they are willing to do it because their consciences cannot allow the travesty of what is occurring to continue.

The question is who will be coming forward next? Intersting that Sixty Minutes brought on Rice's assistanct secretary, the man who signed a document absolving Rice of the imminent threat assessment. Now that guy is a one helluva fall guy. What a weasal.

Anyway, I realize that even if Cheyney came forward with incriminating evidence, you guys wouldn't buy that the Messiah Bush had done anything wrong.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
schweitz

He was with the Clinton administration for 8 years---was he giving any warnings to them---and if so how did they handle it
schweitz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
JustMissed

Smile Secretariat, Now don't go overboard.

Please don't go overboard over this Clarke business.

I would hope you know there will be a lot of posturing and ass kissing going on the next few months in hope of finding a vacant tit to suck on in case Kerry should get elected.

If you pay close attention, not too many level two, or below, people will get too damn radical for Kerry because they know he won't beat Bush.

The reason he won't beat Bush is not because he might not be a better man or not have a better program but because the whole damn thing is rigged. I know it, you know and anyone with any sense should know it.

I still think it is a crying shame that the Dems could not put up a better man to go against Bush. I believe old John Edwards or that Ambassador Keys could get GW all he could take in a debate.

Like I have posted here before, I have always voted for Republican presidents but if I don't see ole "Kenny Boy' in handicuffs by November I'll be casting my vote for Kerry or somebody.

JustMissed
Old 03-22-2004, 04:32 PM   #10
JustMissed

This Just In!

Here's a litte snipet from the DrudgeReport:

"XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON MARCH 22, 2004 12:04:25 ET XXXXX

NEWS FOR SALE: CBS PUSHED BOOK IT OWNS; '60 MINUTES' DID NOT REVEAL PARENT COMPANY'S FINANCIAL STAKE IN CLARKE PROJECT

CBSNEWS did not inform its viewers last night that its parent company owns and has a direct financial stake in the success of the book by former White House terror staffer turned Bush critic, Dick Clarke, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

60 MINUTES aired a double-segment investigative report on the new book "Against All Enemies" -- but did not disclose how CBSNEWS parent VIACOM is publishing the book and will profit from any and all sales!

ETHICAL BREACH "

See what I mean. You need a scorecard to figure out how the who players are.

JustMissed
Old 03-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #11
so.cal.fan

Sec:
I do not consider Bush a Mesiah, I didn't even vote for him.
I am undecided, as many Americans are, on who I will vote for in November......I just opined that I didn't buy this guy's story.
He looks dishonest, as does Vice President Cheney......I don't like either one of them......woman's intuition, maybe........???
I try to evaluate the facts in order to vote with confidence.
I watch most of the political news programs on cable MSNBC...FOX NEWS and CNN. There is a lot to absorb, but I try to be an informed voter......however, sometimes I just have to use my intuition.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #12
schweitz

Quote:
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Sec:
I do not consider Bush a Mesiah, I didn't even vote for him.
I am undecided, as many Americans are, on who I will vote for in November......I just opined that I didn't buy this guy's story.
He looks dishonest, as does Vice President Cheney......I don't like either one of them......woman's intuition, maybe........???
I try to evaluate the facts in order to vote with confidence.
I watch most of the political news programs on cable MSNBC...FOX NEWS and CNN. There is a lot to absorb, but I try to be an informed voter......however, sometimes I just have to use my intuition.

so.cal.fan,
It should be easy to make a decision in this presidential election. Bush and Kerry have very different views on almost all issues.
schweitz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 05:34 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Clarke's record isn't exactly all that stellar pre-GWB you know....

Plenty of attacks on the US and US interests while Clinton was in office and Clarke still had his job.

This stuff is just fluff. It means nothing after the fact.

GWB's actions to combat terrorists, under the extreme and UNIQUE circumstances presented to EVERYONE post-9/11, HAVE WORKED, as there has not been ONE SINGLE ATTACK ON AMERICA since 9/11.

Is it the perfect agenda? Hell no. But who can possibly come up with the perfect plan?

But, to date, it has worked, and worked well.

Perhaps the question everyone should be asking is this:

IF CLINTON and CLARKE had done after the FIRST world trade center bombing what GWB did in response to 9/11, would those 3000 people still be alive today? Maybe that's the book that should be written next.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Thumbs up

Ooooo PA...... meat and potatos post. No verggies.
Good points. Really good.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
Secretariat

You want the real meat and potatoes. Read this article in Time magazine over six months ago. It tells the whole sordid tale.
Rice knew and Cheyney knew.

This is one helluva article. When one of your friends gets killed due to incomeptence, you have a real motivation to get the truth out.

I know this article is long, but it predates the Sixty Minutes article and the article doesn't always paint Clarke as a patient man, but it tells the story of a man desperately trying to stop something about to happen, and everybody here needs to read it, rather than the Rush and Cheyney spin for gods sake

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cgi-b...=182&printer=1