Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #1261
Clocker

The gun industry consensus is that if Hillary was elected, she would top Obama as the all-time stimulus for gun sales in this country.

Quote:
While Obama has sought to restrict access to firearms, his presidency has helped swell the NRA’s membership rolls and spark record revenues for gun companies. Now, some in the industry think Clinton would be an even better gun "salesman" than Obama.

"Barack Obama is single handily responsible for the sales of more guns and ammo than any human being in the history of the United States," said Richard Feldman, a former NRA political organizer. "Clinton could do better."
She says that the SCOTUS decision on "Heller" was wrong and will try to reverse its effect and has said in her campaign that the Australian gun buy-back plan should be looked at. Not content with controlling guns, she sees the need to control people's minds:

Quote:
At a campaign stop in northern Virginia this month, Clinton talked about the need to go after "the gun culture."

"It's not just the laws we need to pass, which will save lives. It's going after the gun culture," said Clinton.
You people will get your minds straight or you will hear from the Clinton Thought Police.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-05-23/hillary-clinton-could-topple-obama-s-record-for-revving-gun-sales
Old 05-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #1262
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Republicans who oppose Trump are deranged? Or just those who "bash him" are deranged?

I thought we were principled - we only support candidates who support the GOP platform. I have no idea where Trump stands on issues from day to day. Sources of my deranged confusion: taxes (flip-flops), Muslim ban (just a "suggestion" ... flip-flop), H1B Visas (flip-flop), Syria (flip-flop), support Dems with big donations (flip-flop), self-fund (major flip-flop)...

And we're the deranged ones? None of this is to say you're wrong about his general election prospects, but it does suggests that my camp isn't the deranged one.
Well, to answer your opening question, yes, deranged. Especially those that constantly bash Trump on those issues that are not relevant to the important 2016 presidential race.

In the Donald Trump thread there are about 444+ pages of interest. From early on, the Trump bashers gave us a myriad of 'reasons' -- ranging from the outright silly to the completely laughable and incoherent.

And, from the beginning, I tried my level best to explain why he's doing well in those early polls; why the early GOP frontrunners will never win; and later, why he's winning all these primaries... right on through today, right here, right now.

Yet, the deranged anti-Trump crowd continues to throw at us inconsequential critiques, despite Trump having won more votes in these primaries than anyone in the history of the GOP. And, there's a few landslide states still to go.

Normal people just might believe that this means something, but not everyone agrees, I guess.

And sadly, we still get the same anti-Trump comments basically no different from what we got over 444 pages ago! No creative thought, nor cogent analysis, just the same silly, laughable and basically incoherent comments.

Now, it's May and approaching the finish line and these same critics are acting like petulant little losers, who not only know how not to win but do surely know what it takes to lose an election while snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

What changed from those early pages to now is that the cognoscenti on here went from bashing Trump to personally bashing the people that support Trump. You know what I mean, Mike, as you are one of the most strident in this regard knocking me and others -- even though you showed us all how little you really know about both politics and the issues behind the Trump success.

And, today, you mention the GOP platform in your latest Trump rant.

Name me three items that's on the GOP platform? Times up. That's OK, Mike, neither do many in the anti-Trump crowd and their co-conspirators huddled inside the Ted Cruz insane asylum know many either. Better yet, do you know anyone who voted for, or voted against a GOP candidate solely because of the GOP platform? I didn't think so.

You also stated something about being principled. Do you think Ted Cruz acted principled during this primary season? Or John Kasich? Carly Fiorina? Marco Rubio? None acted principally at times, and with Cruz, he didn't most of the time. Do you think those that raised their hand and promised to support the GOP nominee, but are quivering today, are they principled? Or those Republicans in the House and Senate running for re-election in November -- many with liberal voting records to boot -- who are also quivering in their open support of Trump because he's 'not a conservative' -- LOL -- are they principled?

No they are not, none of them are.

What I do know is this: the GOP establishment losers -- the Bush family, Romney, Ryan, Kasich, Fiorina, RINO congressmen, plus the so-called conservative media -- Bill Kristol, Mark Levin, Erick Erickson, David Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt, Glenn Beck -- have all walked the plank off of the HMS Common Sense.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #1263
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Trump nows leads in a head-to-head with Hillary, according to a Fox News poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...es-ground.html

Thanks liberal media.

Thanks The New York Times.

Thanks remaining deranged GOP ant-Trump bashers.

All of a sudden, formerly meaningless polls mean something to conservatives.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #1264
Clocker

Quote:
Especially those that constantly bash Trump on those issues that are not relevant to the important 2016 presidential race.
What issues discussed here are not relevant? Many of his policy positions are totally unworkable and on many he has flip-flopped. How is objectively pointing that out "bashing"?
Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #1265
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hillary is calling for gun free zones.
show how stupid she really is.

You know what you call people in a gun free zone?
Fish in a barrel.

Big talk from Hillary the stinking coward - SHE has an armed detail.
Come on, Hag, disarm your people and lead by example.
Until then, Shut your big mouth.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:18 PM   #1266
magwell

The HAG is over matched in this race and doubtful she will finish, probably step aside and claim doctors orders. Joe will have to step up because the shill (Sanders) has exposed her .........
Old 05-24-2016, 02:08 AM   #1267
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
The HAG is over matched in this race and doubtful she will finish, probably step aside and claim doctors orders. Joe will have to step up because the shill (Sanders) has exposed her .........
Her voice is becoming more shrill & I think she is showing some signs of strain. She is 70 years old & being hit from all sides. At her age there is a 10% chance of her physically having to drop out of the race. There is a chance of a legal problem that would cause her to withdraw. CNN has her & Trump in a dead heat to win, but also in a dead heat in distrust. With America equally disliking each, I wouldn't be surprised if there are 50-100 people on each side with serious assassination intentions. Given the above, a 20% drop out is reasonable.

If she dropped out, & Bidden were somehow to get her delegates, the Sanders people would go postal. If under some obscure means Bidden were to get the nomination, the Democrats would be a very deeply divided party & many would vote for the Republican out of anger. All ready 20% of Sanders supporters say they will vote for Trump if Clinton gets the nod. There (to me) seems a certain unfairness to anointing the office to Bidden & I think a lot of Democrats either wouldn't vote or do a protest vote for the Republican.

Ironically Sander's would have a very good chance of winning. Of the 3 standing, he's the only one that seems honest & trustworthy. He probably couldn't get much done, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't share many of his beliefs, but I'd have a beer with him. The other 2 notsomuch.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 02:27 AM   #1268
NJ Stinks

Reading all these smart posts made me think the Donald must be odds on. So I checked.

Hillary is 4/9

Trump is 2/1

at Paddy Power.

Imagine that.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:18 AM   #1269
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Hillary is calling for gun free zones.
show how stupid she really is.

You know what you call people in a gun free zone?
Fish in a barrel.

Big talk from Hillary the stinking coward - SHE has an armed detail.
Come on, Hag, disarm your people and lead by example.
Until then, Shut your big mouth.
Was she involved with the gun running to Mexican drug gangs with Holder and crew? Wasn't that a bad plan to get guns outlawed?

There is a vast right wing conspiracy to get her jailed for some of the illegal stuff she has done....
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 03:24 AM   #1270
SandyW

I make Hillary 4/9 to be wearing an orange jump suit by election day.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #1271
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
Her voice is becoming more shrill & I think she is showing some signs of strain. She is 70 years old & being hit from all sides. At her age there is a 10% chance of her physically having to drop out of the race.
She's got a nasty goiter that flares up from time to time, that's when she dons one of those Mao Tse-tung high collar outfits. She's probably on some seriously potent pharma-cocktail mix to keep it in check, and it may also relate to her frequent coughing fits and her often bug-eyed appearance. Does anyone seriously believe that she's under the primary care of some general practitioner in Mount Kisco, NY, who issues the reports giving her a clean bill of health?
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #1272
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dr. Theodor Morell.

Take dis. You vill feel better.
SCHNELL!

Quote:
She's got a nasty goiter that flares up from time to time
Bill???
Old 05-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #1273
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Reading all these smart posts made me think the Donald must be odds on. So I checked.

Hillary is 4/9

Trump is 2/1

at Paddy Power.

Imagine that.
Using current polls, which could change, Clinton has 187 electoral votes. The Donald has 45. That does not include Illinois, Michigan, and Minnesota, all of which are likely Clinton states.

Clinton is within the margin of error against Trump in Georgia and Arizona, both of which are traditionally strong Republican states.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #1274
mostpost

Quote:
Trump nows leads in a head-to-head with Hillary, according to a Fox News poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...es-ground.html

Thanks liberal media.

Thanks The New York Times.

Thanks remaining deranged GOP ant-Trump bashers.
Meaningless.
First, it is within the margin of error.
Second, Trump got a boost because he is now the presumptive nominee on the Republican side. Hillary will get the same boost when she clinches the Democratic nomination. (Probably June 7)
Third, in case you missed it in eighth grade civics class, we don't elect presidents on the basis of a national popular vote. We have an electoral college based on the voting in each individual state. Head to head in those states in which polling has taken place, Clinton leads Trump by 4-1.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #1275
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Third, in case you missed it in eighth grade civics class, we don't elect presidents on the basis of a national popular vote. We have an electoral college based on the voting in each individual state.
It looks like you did well in your eighth grade supercilious class as well.