Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
MikeH

Major Defeat for the Democrats

Real Clear Politics is calling the Georgia 6th District for Karen Handel. After all the $$ the out-of-area Democrats pumped in there, you would have thought they would have bought the election. It'l be interesting to see how the Libs excuse ths one. Hugh, hugg loss for the Dems.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #2
MargieRose

Two losses for the Demos, tonight: Georgia and South Carolina.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Real Clear Politics is calling the Georgia 6th District for Karen Handel. After all the $$ the out-of-area Democrats pumped in there, you would have thought they would have bought the election. It'l be interesting to see how the Libs excuse ths one. Hugh, hugg loss for the Dems.
Would you have put a nickel on the Dems in a district they hadn't won since 1979?

The key is "out-of-area Democrats". Unless one thinks these non-resident Dems were handing out cold cash to get GOP'ers who wanted $$$ to betray themselves....
Old 06-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
tucker6

The Democrap party will never learn from history.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Come on Stinky, all we heard for weeks was this was a referendum on Trump.

It was not.
It was a referendum on the democrat party.

The streak continues.......0fer.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
woodbinepmi

They should be used to it by now. Even heard a mouthpiece speaking this morning on how it was good news for the Dems and it just goes to show how much people hate Trump. It must be nice living in their own little dream world.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Would you have put a nickel on the Dems in a district they hadn't won since 1979?

Try 30 million dollars....now tell me who the stupid party is.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
MargieRose

Well, so far the Repubs have taken five "special elections." Georgia was the best win, considering how much Demo money was thrown at Ossoff. I heard that Rosie O'Donnell sent him $1,000,000... And, the polls keep saying that Trump's approval rating is the lowest ever? Really? I don't think so.

The 2018 midterms will be a Repub landslide and Trump will win again (if he runs) in 2020.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Well, so far the Repubs have taken five "special elections." Georgia was the best win, considering how much Demo money was thrown at Ossoff. I heard that Rosie O'Donnell sent him $1,000,000... And, the polls keep saying that Trump's approval rating is the lowest ever? Really? I don't think so.

The 2018 midterms will be a Repub landslide and Trump will win again (if he runs) in 2020.
if at all anything we all have learned is to never pay to much attention to the polls, and don't trust any form of media. very cynical i know, but that's the way things are!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
You're right. I wouldn't have bet on the outcome.

But on the other hand I wouldn't have gone all in on this like the DNC did.

Seriously, if I were calling the shots for the DNC:

I wouldn't have made sure every mainstream media outlet ran stories featuring polls that had been doctored to show my candidate ahead by 7 points just four days out when in fact he wasn't.

I wouldn't have made sure every mainstream media outlet ran stories touting the election as a referendum against the Trump presidency.

I wouldn't have made sure those same stories touted this as the most important election in recent history.

And I absolutely wouldn't have wanted Colbert to talk about the election during filming of yesterday's show as if we had won -- several hours before the results were known.

To my way of thinking -- all of this -- everything in the DNC playbook that was done --

Way too much over the top.

I think it may have backfired.

People have a way of resisting once they realize they're being force fed.

-jp

Old 06-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
MikeH

From everything I've read, the Dems, the Media, and the Entertainment Industry went "all-in" on this, and lost... lost Big Time.

There were articles here in the Los Angeles newspapers about how many Hollywood types WENT to Georgia to support Ossoff, let alone all the $$ they threw his way.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #12
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if at all anything we all have learned is to never pay to much attention to the polls, and don't trust any form of media. very cynical i know, but that's the way things are!
I completely agree Lamboguy.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I get all my news from Rachel Maddow and she hasn't been wrong yet.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #14
Clocker

While many on the left continue with the usual excuses (e.g., the GOP won with the bigot vote), some Dems are starting to look at their own party.

Quote:
“I think you’d have to be an idiot to think we could win the House with Pelosi at the top,” said Rep. Filemon Vela (D-Texas), who supported Pelosi in her last leadership race. “Nancy Pelosi is not the only reason that Ossoff lost. But she certainly is one of the reasons.”

Rep. Kathleen Rice (D-N.Y.), who backed a challenge to Pelosi last year, said the results of the Ossoff race further underscore that Pelosi should let someone else take the reins.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/21/nancy-pelosi-fallout-georgia-special-election-239804
Old 06-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
Clocker

Politico quotes an anonymous source they identify as a Democratic operative:

Quote:
“We no longer have a party caucus capable of riding this wave. We have 80-year-old leaders and 90-year-old ranking members. This isn’t a party. It’s a giant assisted living center. Complete with field trips, gym, dining room and attendants.”

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/playbook-power-briefing

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: