Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #46
MikeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash View Post
First President, in how many years, that wasn't pushing the "New World Order"...
+1
Old 03-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #47
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Dems shot themselves in the foot last night. To not applaud or stand for things like creating jobs or the soldier killed in action made them look pretty deplorable. They showed their objective isn't America first. I'd be embarrassed and angry with them if I was a Dem.

Someone will have to tell me if Republicans acted so badly during the Obama SOTU speeches. I couldn't stomach watching so didn't see for myself, but I don't recall hearing that Republicans were so nastily partisan during those speeches. If they did, shame on them too.
In my previous post I said you did not lie. Now, I am not so sure. I just watched the speech on line for the first time. Talk about a part of my life I will never get back.

When Trump introduced the widow of that soldier every Democrat rose up and applauded. A few of them sat down sooner than others, but the only reason Republicans continued applauding was that they were afraid to stop until Trump stopped. It reminded me of Poliboro meetings during the Stalin era.

Stalin would enter the room and everyone was afraid to stop clapping for fear of being labeled a counterrevolutionary. Men actually fainted.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #48
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
President Trump may have run on the Republican Ticket ( smart move ) but he is not a run of the mill R.... he is far from it... a breeze of fresh air. Gathering focus and strength. The R's are riding his coat tail. We should enjoy these 8 yrs as we will not likely see another President Trump in our lifetimes.
I certainly hope you are right. One was three to many.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #49
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Talk about a part of my life I will never get back.

You will just not eat your "spinach"... Maybe you should continue to sit there, and just hold your breath....
Old 03-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #50
Greyfox

Quote:
It reminded me of Poliboro meetings during the Stalin era.
As if you ever were in any or saw those meetings, but you remember the propaganda of the day that you were fed and upchuck it back today.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #51
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
In my previous post I said you did not lie. Now, I am not so sure. I just watched the speech on line for the first time. Talk about a part of my life I will never get back.

When Trump introduced the widow of that soldier every Democrat rose up and applauded. A few of them sat down sooner than others, but the only reason Republicans continued applauding was that they were afraid to stop until Trump stopped. It reminded me of Poliboro meetings during the Stalin era.

Stalin would enter the room and everyone was afraid to stop clapping for fear of being labeled a counterrevolutionary. Men actually fainted.
What planet did you fly in from?? Did your alien parents disown you or did they come with you??....Your posts are like a grade B sci-fi flick, and yet I keep reading them....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #52
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
It wasn't that long ago they said the same thing about Republicans.

Politics is ebb and flow. When people get tired of Republicans they'll vote Democrat and vice versa. Been that way for centuries now.
Trends don't last forever and times are a whole lot different. Unless Democrats change their philosophy substantially they'll never get back up again. The 60's movement is over. It never worked. Freedom without a price never existed. Nothing is free. Unless democrats toss all this garbage in the trash they won't stand a chance. Your open borders policy and "be nice to foreigners that want us dead" mentality won't be attractive anymore.
Yeah, there are some bad apple Republicans, but the party as a whole is stronger than ever. It's the current party that has the answers, and many Democrats are seeing it as well. It's not ebb and flow anymore. Its broad-based reality.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #53
johnhannibalsmith

Trump got elected because Dems ran Hillary! instead of Generic Democrat A - or really anyone that acted like they wanted the job and didn't feel entitled to it. I don't really think the world shifted quite as dramatically as some here do. The results of an election of who do you not like the least hardly seems like some kind of affirmative revolution.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #54
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Its apparent even here that Democrats are embroiled in envy. First they lose an election they were suppose to win. Trump nails his speech further demonstrating himself as a true leader. Democrats must feel awfully small and unimportant right now. Just like a spoiled rotten brat, they'll never stop crying either.
The democrats looked so petty and pathetic compared to Trumps vision.
I don't think they even realize how over their party is.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 01:59 AM   #55
mostpost

In addition to the lies being told on this forum about whether Democrats stood up at certain points in Trump's speech, there are the lies he told in the speech.
http://theproudliberal.org/trumps-sp...fact-check-it/

The Washington Post put its fact checkers to work on the President's speech.
Here are five statements the Post took to task on behalf of the American people:
“94 million Americans are out of the labor force.”
FALSE. The Post characterizes this as “an absurd claim.” According to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that 94 million figure includes people who are “retired, students, stay-at-home parents or disabled.” Of those 94 million, only 7.6 actually want a job and are currently seeking one. Sorry Trump, but there’s a pretty significant difference between 94 million and 7.6 million.

Since my election, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Soft Bank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart, and many others, have announced that they will invest billions and billions of dollars in the United States, and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.”
FALSE. Sure, the President would love to be able to take credit for all this. But the fact is, in almost all of these cases these decisions were made before he was inaugurated, as with Fiat-Chrysler, whose investment plan had been planned well over a year before the president took office. The Post reports that Ford canceled a move to Mexico because of dwindling demand for smaller vehicles.

“We’ve saved tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars, by bringing down the price of fantastic – and it is a fantastic – new, F-35 jet fighter. And we’ll be saving billions more on contracts all across our government.”
FALSE. Sorry, Trump, but you don’t get to take credit for this, either. According to the Post, the cost savings for the new F-35 were announced before Trump even had one conversation with Lockheed Martin.

“America has spent approximately 6 trillion dollars in the middle east. All the while our infrastructure at home is crumbling. With that 6 trillion dollars we could have rebuilt our country twice.”
FALSE. This is just a huge, unforgivable lie. The spending Trump refers to has a real cost of about 1.6 trillion dollars, a far cry from the 6 he announced. The Post adds, “The 6 trillion-figure adds in future spending, such as debt interest and veterans care, over the next three decades.” The Post also points out that President Obama pled with Congress for years for an infrastructure-spending bill, but was met with obstruction every step of the way.

“We’ve defended the borders of other nations while leaving our own borders wide open for anyone to cross, and for drugs to pour in at a now-unprecedented rate.
MOSTLY FALSE. The Post describes data that conflicts regarding the influx of drugs. They point out that when it comes to marijuana and cocaine, the amount has “dropped significantly,” while heroin and methamphetamine have both risen.

Five statements; four false, one mostly false. Actually pretty normal for Trump.

It wasn't in the Post article, but Trump mentioned that the murder rate rose at the highest rate in decades last year. True, but what he did not say was that it was still lower than all but eight of the last forty years. He did not mention that during the first seven years of the Obama administration the rate was at its lowest point in those forty years. He somehow forgot to mention that the murder rate in 2016 was 5.6 per 100,000. From 1981 to 1992 it never dropped below 7.9/100,000 and was often above 9/100,000.

His statement on drug use was also wrong.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #56
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78 View Post
The democrats looked so petty and pathetic compared to Trumps vision.
I don't think they even realize how over their party is.
This is Trump's vision.
Cut taxes on the top one one percent so they can make even more money without giving anything back.

Eliminate regulations with no concern about what those regulations do.

Eliminate regulations in the coal industry so that more coal miners can die.

Treat decent, honest, Muslims as if they are all terrorists, thereby providing a breeding ground for more terrorists.

Build up our nuclear arsenal when the only sensible course is to limit and eventually eliminate it.

Make sure we have a need for that arsenal because every one hates us.

Blame everyone else for our failings.

Blame everyone else for his failings.

Blame immigrants.

Strip all protections from workers, the elderly, students, anyone who isn't the oligarchy.

Take credit for thing he hasn't done and blame others for things he has done.

Destroy the administrative state-or as it is sometimes called the United States of America.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #57
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
So many people are blind. "Drunk Trump" won the nomination and won the election, against great odds and going up against the Dem machine and press. "Drunk Trump" is a lot smarter and craftier than those who would call him "Drunk Trump."
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #58
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
In addition to the lies being told on this forum about whether Democrats stood up at certain points in Trump's speech, there are the lies he told in the speech.

Here are five statements the Post took to task on behalf of the American people:
FALSE. The Post characterizes this as “an absurd claim.” According to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that 94 million figure includes people who are “retired, students, stay-at-home parents or disabled.” Of those 94 million, only 7.6 actually want a job and are currently seeking one. Sorry Trump, but there’s a pretty significant difference between 94 million and 7.6 million.

Since my election, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Soft Bank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart, and many others, have announced that they will invest billions and billions of dollars in the United States, and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.”
FALSE. Sure, the President would love to be able to take credit for all this. But the fact is, in almost all of these cases these decisions were made before he was inaugurated, as with Fiat-Chrysler, whose investment plan had been planned well over a year before the president took office. The Post reports that Ford canceled a move to Mexico because of dwindling demand for smaller vehicles.

“We’ve saved tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars, by bringing down the price of fantastic – and it is a fantastic – new, F-35 jet fighter. And we’ll be saving billions more on contracts all across our government.”
FALSE. Sorry, Trump, but you don’t get to take credit for this, either. According to the Post, the cost savings for the new F-35 were announced before Trump even had one conversation with Lockheed Martin.

“America has spent approximately 6 trillion dollars in the middle east. All the while our infrastructure at home is crumbling. With that 6 trillion dollars we could have rebuilt our country twice.”
FALSE. This is just a huge, unforgivable lie. The spending Trump refers to has a real cost of about 1.6 trillion dollars, a far cry from the 6 he announced. The Post adds, “The 6 trillion-figure adds in future spending, such as debt interest and veterans care, over the next three decades.” The Post also points out that President Obama pled with Congress for years for an infrastructure-spending bill, but was met with obstruction every step of the way.

“We’ve defended the borders of other nations while leaving our own borders wide open for anyone to cross, and for drugs to pour in at a now-unprecedented rate.
MOSTLY FALSE. The Post describes data that conflicts regarding the influx of drugs. They point out that when it comes to marijuana and cocaine, the amount has “dropped significantly,” while heroin and methamphetamine have both risen.

Five statements; four false, one mostly false. Actually pretty normal for Trump.

It wasn't in the Post article, but Trump mentioned that the murder rate rose at the highest rate in decades last year. True, but what he did not say was that it was still lower than all but eight of the last forty years. He did not mention that during the first seven years of the Obama administration the rate was at its lowest point in those forty years. He somehow forgot to mention that the murder rate in 2016 was 5.6 per 100,000. From 1981 to 1992 it never dropped below 7.9/100,000 and was often above 9/100,000.

Look, mostpost, I truly do not care why or how Democrats and liberals try to dismiss the tremendous early days of Trump's presidency, which began the day after his expected and sure victory on Nov. 8, 2016, as you know.

I understand all the naysayers who are shocked, shocked of Trump's accomplishments since he basically took office on Nov. 9, 2016.

You allege that these companies were going to do all these things -- such as cutting the price of the F-whatever and Air Force One, and announcing jobs coming back to the USA -- were decided by these companies before Trump became president. This leads you to say that Trump lied for getting credit for all this.

Yet, where's the actual proof of such generosity coming from Corporate America? Any public press releases by these companies announcing their pro-USA, pro-jobs plans before Election Day? (Hint: it doesn't exist).

In the summer of 2016, Ford announced they were closing a plant and shipping manufacturing and the jobs to Mexico. Trump said that's not right and that will change when he's elected; and presto, Ford changed it's mind after he won his expected victory. Both Boeing and Lockheed also said that they can't produce the F-whatever and Air Force One for less money than what the old pork rolled contract said it was ... and presto, after a Trump tweet then a meeting at Trump Tower both companies announced that they figured out a way to build these planes for much much less money than previously announced. And then, adding that they were going to add more manufacturing jobs soon.

I don't care at all that there are many Trump bashers still. Most of you guys have been totally, consistently and patently wrong about Trump -- and have been since the summer of 2015. Why do you think you're so right this time. (Another hint: you are not.)

Most of you guys have lost all credibility so it really doesn't matter any more how you guys feel about Trump and his supporters. Whistle in the dark to your hearts content. You could even hide in the shadows and shoot spit balls at us all you'd like. Doesn't matter at all.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #59
OntheRail

Quote:
Yes a bastion of unbiased opinion

We'll go with the higher number... cause those that are retired still have a desire or a need to work... Welcome to WalMart.

Really as I recall plants closing and relocating was the trend of the day up till Nov 8th. On the 9th a new trend started... with Carrier as the poster child.

Guess you missed the Trump Tower Meeting and post interview with the CEO's

Money spent is money spent... be it now or in the future.

I guess they left the border de-fence slide. But Drugs be Drugs... Dope

5 statements... 5 truths... twisted and skewed by the butt hurt.

Oh my you better shoot an email to the Post with your "Facts" they missed..

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
You do realize that if you bashed Trump here instead of praising him, you would be getting a whole bunch of responses saying who gives a s_ _ t what a Canadian thinks, don't you?
Well, at least you were resourceful enough to find something, no matter how trivial, to throw back at us.