Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
Knowclew

Crazy Delaware dd payout

Today at Delaware 7-6, races 2 and 3. First leg horse pays $24, second leg first time starter pays $14. $2 double pays $20.20!!!

No repeating numbers, $8600 in pool. Someone either pounded this first starter (with the right horse, as the other dd possibles were in line), or someone made a lucky mispunch on the denomination of their double.

Seen some bad ones, but this one is way out there.
Knowclew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Tote board watchers (and based on this result, there doesn't appear to be any heavy hitters watching the tote), should have pounded that first time starter way below $14 based on the double will pays...pretty shocking payoffs...

A fat-fingered mistake? Not bloody likely...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Trainer owned FTS- Ruben Monjes, just 2 works showing, Bocachica up. It's funny that this horse completes a $1 pick-3,prices are $4.80-$24.40-$14.40 paying- $364.10, but hammers the next pick-3 with prices of $24.40-$14.40-$6.60 paying only- $104.20....

Must have known the meds kicked in before the start of the $24 winner's race #2 to have pounded down the following 2 DD's and the pick-3's, but forgot the win pool, unless was bet off-shore, win pool only. Somebody's going down on this one for sure.....Idiots can't even try to make it look legit....costs themselves huge money, big time exposed..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
Knowclew

Andy Serling, among others, commenting and uncovering many things about the connections of these horses, many trained by Abel Castellano......his first
day ever with horses racing with him as the trainer.

Northwest Stud Stables, the breeder and/or owner of several horses racing huge across the country, from Delaware, to Finger Lakes, to Gulfstream.

I am not locked in enough to figure out who is actually pulling the strings, but this was a very entertaining day, with some bizarre wagering, and results.

Won with a maiden against winners, race 8 at Delaware.
Connections won at GP race 5 with obscure trainer.....finished second
in the 3rd and 4th with price shots.

Just a strange day.
Knowclew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

These kind of shenanigans make it really tough for bettors to not be jaded. I can't speak for others, but when humans are more important than the horses I lose interest.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowclew View Post
Andy Serling, among others, commenting and uncovering many things about the connections of these horses, many trained by Abel Castellano......his first
day ever with horses racing with him as the trainer.

Northwest Stud Stables, the breeder and/or owner of several horses racing huge across the country, from Delaware, to Finger Lakes, to Gulfstream.

I am not locked in enough to figure out who is actually pulling the strings, but this was a very entertaining day, with some bizarre wagering, and results.

Won with a maiden against winners, race 8 at Delaware.
Connections won at GP race 5 with obscure trainer.....finished second
in the 3rd and 4th with price shots.

Just a strange day.
The maiden that won was quite a putover. If I recall these owners put over A LOT of horses at Gulfstream over the years with a different trainer. Giuseppe something.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
Track Phantom

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-10-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Track Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
Track Phantom

Are you kidding me? The 3/4 daily double (a 10-1 morning line with an 8-1 morning line) pays $20 and every other double with the 4 winning the second leg is either the longest or second longest combo? What the hell?

Funny thing...outside of this forum, no one even knows there is anything strange here. I guarantee the people that protect the betting integrity for Delaware Park have zero knowledge this happened.

There will be no investigation, no questions asked, no review of the betting and where the bets originated. Nothing. This is the kind of bullshit you can expect when the track gets their "cut" regardless of how, or what type, of money shows up in their pools.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Are you kidding me? The 3/4 daily double (a 10-1 morning line with an 8-1 morning line) pays $20 and every other double with the 4 winning the second leg is either the longest or second longest combo? What the hell?

Funny thing...outside of this forum, no one even knows there is anything strange here. I guarantee the people that protect the betting integrity for Delaware Park have zero knowledge this happened.

There will be no investigation, no questions asked, no review of the betting and where the bets originated. Nothing. This is the kind of bullshit you can expect when the track gets their "cut" regardless of how, or what type, of money shows up in their pools.
If you follow Andy Serling on Twitter he's been all over this.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
ctownraces@bp

Been watching this allday myself look what they just did in race 10 at gulfstream 1st and 2nd both 30-1 ml
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #11
whodoyoulike
Veteran

If I did this correctly, Castellano has an 8 horse stable which all ran on 7/6/17 with 3 wins and 1 third place.

Not bad.

Apparently, prior to today he's never had an entry in a race per Equibase.

Is he related to Abel Castellano who had a 41 0 3 3 lifetime stat?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #12
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownraces@bp View Post
Been watching this allday myself look what they just did in race 10 at gulfstream 1st and 2nd both 30-1 ml
GP-10 winner paid $51.80 and was trained my RUBEN MONJES....Go figure.

Nightstorm [30-1] Panici L / Monjes Ruben A.

Is Monjes a fool or what? First the BS at Delaware, and now this.....Don't worry, no one will notice, Ruben..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
The maiden that won was quite a putover. If I recall these owners put over A LOT of horses at Gulfstream over the years with a different trainer. Giuseppe something.
Iadisernia

And yeah, that double payoff is ridiculous.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

Is Monjes a fool or what? First the BS at Delaware, and now this.....Don't worry, no one will notice, Ruben..
I assume you think there will be ramifications for these guys? I'd be shocked if we hear anything from officials on this.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #15
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

By the way, you missed this: In that GP Race 10: The winner was trained by Ruben Monjes and owned by J DAB STABLE. The runner-up, who was 30-1 morning line and trained by Pedro Castillo. He was also owned by J DAB STABLE. I'm sure all of this is coincidental.