Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
HalvOnHorseracing

Apprentice Chad Lindsay at SA

Keep an eye on new apprentice rider Chad Lindsay at SA. He started galloping for Ian Wilkes back in Kentucky and decided to start riding races in January of this year. He rode for Wilkes at Tampa Bay Downs and had 11 winners when long time agen Vince DiGregory called and asked if he'd be interested in moving his tack to Santa Anita. He arrived at the track Thursday, took care of his paperwork and worked a few horses on Friday. He rode his first two horses yesterday, finishing third with both.

I did an extensive interview with Chad and I'll be doing a longer story in the next couple of days.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

He looked alright on the horse in race 3, she was a rank sort who was taken out of the post parade (also a bit washy), rode a good race, finished nice through the wire.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
He looked alright on the horse in race 3, she was a rank sort who was taken out of the post parade (also a bit washy), rode a good race, finished nice through the wire.
Edgy Girl is named correctly. A couple of people commented that Chad looks good in the saddle. I know he had gotten some help from Julien Leparoux and you can see some similarity in the styles. But he is quiet on the horse and he has good hands.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #4
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Not to be harsh... might be good someday but has a ton of improvement to do.. i been betting a ton at Tampa this yr... I predict he will be leaving Cali with his tail between his legs. He bit off more then he can chew... if i were him i would get a better jockey agent.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
Not to be harsh... might be good someday but has a ton of improvement to do.. i been betting a ton at Tampa this yr... I predict he will be leaving Cali with his tail between his legs. He bit off more then he can chew... if i were him i would get a better jockey agent.
If he gets good mounts, he will win.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
If he gets good mounts, he will win.
anyone can win with gas
Old 03-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Quote:

What's wrong with Vince DeGregory? I hear he has Doug O'Neill and Peter Miller looking to ride him.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
What's wrong with Vince DeGregory? I hear he has Doug O'Neill and Peter Miller looking to ride him.

nada he has nothing to lose at this point... shooting for the stars is ok at this point
Old 03-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
That's right. He rode two for O'Neill yesterday. Ron Ellis might also ride him. He's a 7 pound bug who doesn't look bad on a horse. Trainers will use him to get the weight break and if he catches a few live ones he'll do ok. He's not going to have trouble making weight.

DiGregory is 82 and been around forever. He knows everyone and is not a bad guy to start with.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:18 AM   #10
Knowclew

Quote:
Totally agree he is in over his head. He will probably improve, but
he was a near auto toss at Tampa, but at least with their field sizes
he could get mounts and gain experience.

I have heard he is a solid young man, hope he proves me wrong.
Knowclew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 02:20 AM   #11
KidCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowclew
Totally agree he is in over his head. He will probably improve, but
he was a near auto toss at Tampa, but at least with their field sizes
he could get mounts and gain experience.

I have heard he is a solid young man, hope he proves me wrong.

Really you autotossed a bug that was around 15% and 25% >6f? At Tampa where Gallardo and Centeno are on the chalk every race, he was pretty productive down there. Not saying he's a future hall of famer but what are your expectations for a 10/7 pound apprentice?
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 08:46 PM   #12
Knowclew

His numbers are a little better than I thought. I guess I have seen him make
a few poor decisions, and he doesn't look like he helps a horse down the lane.

I did say "near" auto toss....I will throw riders like this in a pick 3 or 4 at a price....and maybe a few bucks WP at long odds, but not often.

I will say he rode for some good barns in Tampa, so that may have enhanced his %. Also may mean he is better than I give him credit for, since sharper
trainers give him a shot.
Knowclew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:07 PM   #13
no breathalyzer
Veteran

its still was an auto toss.. and if not it's a race i'm not smashing hard anyways
Old 03-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #14
no breathalyzer
Veteran

im not blasting off with this guy on my selection thats for damn sure.. just watch the tape... not saying he's the worst. just has a lot of improvement to do all i'm saying.. like i said anyone can ride straight speed/ gasers.. or should i say there is a heck of a lot less of a mess up when there is only one way to go
Old 04-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Chad seems to fall off horses hopefully he's ok, he fell off a horse a week ago after the wire with nobody around him which was odd and then today not sure what happened here in SAs 5th

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: