Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #196
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Comey testifying before Congress now. It's possible she (Hillary) didn't realize the "C" meant classified/confidential.* She was a United States Senator and the Sec. of State. She was never briefed on Classified email markings? She lacked the intellectual curiosity to ask? Oh yeah, she never read the latest NEI estimate before her Iraq war vote either (Snoop that Most), so I guess anything is possible.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/james-co...fore-congress/
(note: MostP-approved source)
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #197
Marshall Bennett

This won't do anything towards damaging her chances as a candidate. It sure does add to proof she's an untrustworthy candidate that will lie, cheat, and stoop to the lowest level to portray herself as one.
It's sickening to see someone with such morals and reputation running for president, regardless what party they represent . Even without the garbage in her baggage as a politician, she's still a horrible human being. Obama should be ashamed to campaign for her or be associated with the pos scumbag. She's even far worse than he is, and people thought for 8 years that wasn't possible.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #198
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
In Trump's defense this "Star of David" thing is complete bullshit. (In my opinion)

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 11h11 hours ago

Where is the outrage for this Disney book? Is this the 'Star of David' also?
Dishonest media!

It looks like Nike and the Chicago Red Stars soccer team are also a bunch of racists.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #199
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Can people not understand the difference between a standalone star and one surrounded by money? If not, google it. Or read his son-in-law's (a big supporter) comments.

I don't think Trump is anti-Semitic. He impulsively tweeted something that he thought was clever without looking at it closely. He made a mistake. Big deal. Own up to it and move on. Or dig up every company in the world that uses a star on their products and try to draw some bastardized equivalence.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #200
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
This is particularly pathetic and speaks exactly to why I really don't understand why these morons want to shift the focus off of his scathing indictment of Clinton's actual conduct. Now they are trying to make Comey look like a fool and discredit him when he's provided them with their best political material in years. Note to everyone, stick to Hillary and stop taking the heat off of her by doing all of these pointless dances that make you look ridiculous. Most of these guys can't rattle him in the least and are ill-equipped to battle him even on their own stage. And doing so is counter-productive anyway.
Perhaps us morons want to see hrc face some sort of prosecution for her gross negligence. Comey's comment that "no reasonable prosecutor" would move this forward rings of a fix, given the information available.

Look, I've posted that I despise trump. He's a joke of a candidate. I'm not for prosecuting her based on a political election outcome. But what has transpired here with email gate is worthy of prosecution imho.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #201
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Perhaps us morons ...
For the record, the 'moron' comment was directed at those that put together this charade based on exactly what they are claiming to be fighting here - political calculation. And my use of moron is meant to underscore how moronic that calculation is when you are going nowhere and getting nothing but undermining and discrediting the man that just gave you the greatest political gift you could have asked for - probably including the fact that he did not recommend prosecution against the only candidate that has a chance to lose this election as a perceived 1-9 shot.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #202
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Comey testifying before Congress now. It's possible she (Hillary) didn't realize the "C" meant classified/confidential.* She was a United States Senator and the Sec. of State. She was never briefed on Classified email markings? She lacked the intellectual curiosity to ask? Oh yeah, she never read the latest NEI estimate before her Iraq war vote either (Snoop that Most), so I guess anything is possible.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/james-co...fore-congress/
(note: MostP-approved source)
I know what she thought it meant.
I can see where she was confused.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #203
ElKabong

JHS,

Understood. I can see why a trump supporter would equate what's going on now , with the Obama was born in Kenya nonsense. It takes people's eyes off the ball. Obama was under qualified. That was what the whole argument should have been.

For me tho, I could care less right now who wins this election given the choices. One is no better than the other. What IS important to independents like me is that email gate goes to court. This mess was bad enough, but seeing the unfolding of events the past week reeks of a fix. An injustice. It needs to see a courtroom.

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-07-2016 at 12:56 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #204
johnhannibalsmith

And I want to be clear that I really don't care if they drag Comey in - and I doubt that he does either - to ask good faith questions that have been unanswered or to represent their constituency in an open setting by asking such questions. As an example, Colorado Rep. Buck was an ideal template for a professional, respectful inquiry that sought not to impeach the Director, but for a clarification on the legal thresholds and the seeming contradictions in application. If everyone conducted themselves with an appearance of good faith and professionalism (like Buck) in doing their jobs rather than grandstanding playing Super Prosecutor and, generally, failing miserably - this would be a beneficial use of the public's time and money. But for the most part, that is in no way what we are seeing.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #205
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Can people not understand the difference between a standalone star and one surrounded by money? If not, google it. Or read his son-in-law's (a big supporter) comments.

I don't think Trump is anti-Semitic. He impulsively tweeted something that he thought was clever without looking at it closely. He made a mistake. Big deal. Own up to it and move on. Or dig up every company in the world that uses a star on their products and try to draw some bastardized equivalence.
But..it's a RED star just like the one in Trump's retweet of an image previously featured at a neo-nazi website.

So, you know, totally equivilant.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #206
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
No. First, Bush wasn't involved at all. Second, no classified info passed on those emails. Third, no one set up a private server. Fourth, the staffers accused used the official email addresses but we're supposed o use those emails for campaigning.

For more: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...l-controversy/
Not long after George W. Bush assumed the presidency in 2001, Rove, his top political aide, set up a private email server for use in the White House. The stated purpose of the system — the primary domain name on which was gwb43.com — was that it would be used exclusively for the sort of political correspondence that Bush and Rove were not permitted to do on the taxpayer’s dime.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2015/03...l-media-yawns/
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #207
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Not long after George W. Bush assumed the presidency in 2001, Rove, his top political aide, set up a private email server for use in the White House. The stated purpose of the system — the primary domain name on which was gwb43.com — was that it would be used exclusively for the sort of political correspondence that Bush and Rove were not permitted to do on the taxpayer’s dime.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2015/03...l-media-yawns/
Did Rove use the server to send and receive classified info? If so, he should be prosecuted for it. I assume you agree.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #208
MONEY

The FBI didn't compare Clinton's testimony in front of Congress (Benghazi) or any of her public statements, to the answers that Clinton gave to
FBI investigators. Apparently the FBI didn't want to catch Clinton lying.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #209
Spiderman

Quote:
Did Rove use the server to send and receive classified info? If so, he should be prosecuted for it. I assume you agree.

Rove was privy to all information, classifed, or not classified, at the time. You will find the answer by considering that 22 million emails were corresponded on taxpayer money; then destroyed. What was in those emails? I assume that your answer will be along partisan ideology, the opposite of mine.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #210
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Rove was privy to all information, classifed, or not classified, at the time. You will find the answer by considering that 22 million emails were corresponded on taxpayer money; then destroyed. What was in those emails? I assume that your answer will be along partisan ideology, the opposite of mine.
Prove it.
That is so much nonsense.