Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #6871
barn32
tmrpots

Trump just gave a speech. I watched it. He used a teleprompter, which he is horrible at. (How can he criticize Clinton being horrible on the teleprompter when he is just as bad or worse.)

He didn't talk, he practically yelled. He repeated all of the same themes he's regurgitated repeatedly. No apologies. No reconciliation. Just the same old, same old.

This stuff was interesting six months ago, but not so anymore.

He's also on Hannity later tonight, his chief apologizer.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #6872
magwell

Sorry Barn32, I saw him on point and he was as good as he's ever been finally.....
Old 06-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #6873
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Sorry Barn32, I saw him on point and he was as good as he's ever been finally.....
I would agree with you, but I've seen this speech before, many, many times. The only thing missing was the attacking.

But he'll be back to that soon, because that's the only way he'll be able to divert attention from his most recent controversial remarks.

We'll just have to wait and see if it works.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #6874
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Just curious - why would anyone have respect for a Judge?
He is nothing but a political appointee with power to do damage and not be held responsible for it.

Judges deserve to be scorned and humiliated - ALL friggin judges.
Nothing but political hacks.

You people have to get over this ingrained idea that you should respect authority and trust your government. You should hold them in contempt personally.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #6875
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
Trump just gave a speech. I watched it. He used a teleprompter, which he is horrible at. (How can he criticize Clinton being horrible on the teleprompter when he is just as bad or worse.)

He didn't talk, he practically yelled. He repeated all of the same themes he's regurgitated repeatedly. No apologies. No reconciliation. Just the same old, same old.

This stuff was interesting six months ago, but not so anymore.

He's also on Hannity later tonight, his chief apologizer.
Apologies for what? It sounds to me that you respect political correctness more than truth. Why on earth do you want to hear the insincere apology that accompanies the politician or celebrity in trouble? Do you really buy those apologies instead of seeing them as the lies that they are? And you prefer to be lied to?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 05:41 AM   #6876
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
Please. I have great admiration for Albert Brooks wit and wisdom.

Your evaluation is yours alone.
As Hollywood comics and entertainers go, he may possess the kind of wit and wisdom you admire. Fine. I also enjoy Albert Brooks as a comic but he isn't as funny as his brother and any comparisons to a Ronald Reagan is simply laughable. I know you didn't bring up Reagan, barn.

Last edited by reckless; 06-08-2016 at 05:43 AM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #6877
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
Trump didn't use any of those arguments which may or may not be valid. What Trump decided to go with was the judge is a Mexican. . Why hasn't he told his lawyers to file for a new judge, if there is some basis to the notion that he can't get a fair trial.
BTW, a month ago Trump's own lawyer in this case said this judge was fair & competent.
He said the Judge was Mexican just like Hillary said she never dealt in classified material on her email server.

They both misspoke. He certainly didn't mean to say the judge was born in Mexico.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #6878
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
He said the Judge was Mexican just like Hillary said she never dealt in classified material on her email server.

They both misspoke. He certainly didn't mean to say the judge was born in Mexico.

Save time, set-up a Macro statement:

He certainly didn't mean to say __________________. Fill-in blank.

His reading a script from the podium reminds me of reining in a wild horse. How long will that last?
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #6879
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

He's read from the prompter before and it changed nothing. I'm sure this will be no different.

Nobody wants prompter Donald anyway....
Old 06-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #6880
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
He's read from the prompter before and it changed nothing. I'm sure this will be no different.

Nobody wants prompter Donald anyway....
I can only recall his reading statement on one occasion. When, not if, he starts ranting again, the orange make-up will turn purple.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #6881
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I love how lots of people on here and all over the world are so shocked at the behavior of Donald Trump...they are fainting and their hankies are falling to the ground as they do.

This is the same world that allows ISIS to continue on...allowed Hitler to rise to power and dominate Europe...allows genocides to this day to continue...allows corrupt, wealthy families to rule impoverished nations while they continue to keep everything for themselves leaving the people to rot.

But Donald Trump and his verbal insults are the problem with the world today.

You people are all nuts.

There are homeless people all over Manhattan...some of them are con men and women, but a lot of them are legit. Nobody cares about them. They care more about where a transgendered soul can go to the bathroom in NYC and about Donald Trumo's words, more then they care about homeless people. I'm talking City Hall and it's uber-liberal mayor.

Yup, Donald Trump is the problem in this world.

Hillary and Obama have done nothing but solve all the problems...that's why there are no problems left...
Old 06-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #6882
magwell

I'll take "prompter Donald" over "loose horse Donald" all day long from now on.........
Old 06-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #6883
lamboguy

the last 2 presidents took the easiest and thoughtless routes performing their jobs. i honestly thought that Bush would completely bring us to our knees to the point of no return. then came the guy we have now and i thought even worse. miraculously we are still standing and in need of a great leader that can adjust to the moment in time. liberal's and conservatives have proven to be no good for us. at least Trump is both at the same time.

i could care less what Trump says or doesn't say. what i like about him is his resume. he has cut the cord at the right times and taken his losses and came back. the job is so difficult if done right and i think Trump can handle it better than anyone else.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #6884
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Maybe there's a reason for that belief.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...04463789858002
"The father of the 20-year-old Stanford University swimmer found guilty of raping an unconscious 23-year-old woman at a campus party has penned a letter saying his son is paying a high price for '20 minutes of action'. He has been sentenced to six months in a county jail with probation.

Turner's father, Dan A. Turner, penned an open letter about the verdict of the rape case, arguing his son's jail sentence 'isn't an appropriate punishment'.
'As it stands now, Brock's life has been deeply altered forever by the events of January 17 and 18,' the letter begins.

'His every waking moment is consumed with worry, anxiety, fear and depression,' the father began the letter.
He goes on to say how much Turner likes to eat- and how he's a 'very good cook' but now can hardly eat and only consumes food 'to exist'.
'His life will never be the one he dream about and worked so hard to achieve.
'That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 years of life,'

He wrote that his son should not be subjected to incarceration because he 'has no prior criminal history and has never been violent with anyone including on the night of January 17'.

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry, at the brazen chutzpah of the old man and the incompetence of the Judge- who surely needs to be cashiered immediately.

"paying a high price".

I have every confidence that if this was a black baller, he would have received exactly the same treatment... when Hell froze over...twice!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #6885
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So wait...are we trying to say that Judges can be BIASED? Based on race and or nationality?

Hmmmm...and here I thought questioning a judge's ability to be fair no matter what his background has suddenly become taboo in the age of Donald J. Trump...hmmmmm.....

Oy vey!