Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Anyone else getting fed up with TWINSPIRES?

I don't know about TS anymore--they're making some changes with their site or something. I use the Chrome browser--never had a problem, til one day out of the blue--I can't access certain areas. I click links like I've always done--and nothing loads. They have a person you can connect with in chat--to discuss problems such as this--the guy wasnt really any help at all.

I was first told to clear my cache--which seemed to make sense. Cleared everything with CC Cleaner---back to TS--and nothing. Same problem.

I go back to their chat help--and another person tells me I need a different browser. Well I'm not changing browsers everytime I want to log onto TS--which is several times a day.
Soooo....i just lived with that--no access to certain areas of their site.
Then for awhile I couldn't access the wager pad module. I sent them an e-mail--and in their defense was answered promptly by telephone.
I missed that call--but the problem corrected itself, so all okay now.

EXCEPT...their site is very slow to load up when logging on--they have some graphics that change ever 10 seconds or so..and the thing won't move until the graphic changes. It might sound funny, but trust me, it's annoying when you never had a problem previously. They've done something--made changes--behind the scenes--I'm sure they meant well--but it's just irritating.

Okay, here's the kicker--the entire reason for this rant:

I handicap at night, when my family's asleep--so I don't bother anyone. Now about once a month around midnite--I go to get my PP's, Summaries, etc for the tracks I plan to bet--and get this message:

As part of our continued effort to bring you the ultimate wagering experience, TwinSpires.com is currently offline for scheduled maintenance.
We anticipate returning to full service before 09:00 AM EDT.
Thank you for your patience and your support of TwinSpires.com.

I understand they have to perform maintenance on the site--I have no problem with that. But couldn't they have alerted customers in advance they would be shut down for NINE HOURS? I can get whatever I need beforehand--if I knew this was coming.

This is like the 3rd time for me having this happen. So I end up going to Bris and having to pay for my PP's. I actually wrote it down the last time it happened--so I would be ready this time---but naturally I forgot.

Should customers have to write this down--when all TS has to do, is post up when a person logs on--that they would be shut down that night?

Anyway...if you bothered to read this---thanks for hearing me out. I actually am pleased with TS, the free PP's etc-- that is until lately.

-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
Flysofree
Veteran

I had to stop using Firefox to use Twinspires. It crashed and noone seemed to care ..But in their defense, they told me to use Chrome. I have switched and all is well there for me.
There is definately an issue with the Flash player at Firefox, that does not happen at Chrome on all websites .
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #3
Dr Gonzo
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysofree
I had to stop using Firefox to use Twinspires. It crashed and noone seemed to care ..But in their defense, they told me to use Chrome. I have switched and all is well there for me.
There is definately an issue with the Flash player at Firefox, that does not happen at Chrome on all websites .
I had to switch to Chrome to get the Gulfstream transmission. With every new update, I lose something on Firefox.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
green80

The biggest problem I have with twinspires is no rebates
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #5
tanner12oz

The mobile platform has changed 3 times in the past year
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #6
djm1959

Smile

i like the newest mobile app--- big for guys like me to see

lolll
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
Stoleitbreezing

My biggest problem with TS would be video quality after extended periods of times (3-6 hours). I'll pull up twinspires TV, start watching races and/or betting and everything is great for awhile, then i'll switch to my next track or my current video will freeze up midway through the race or at the top of the stretch. Its very frustrating especially if I have a bet on the race and not just doing research. I've cleared cache, using chrome and IE browsers, but it still continues to happen. My internet never drops and I have no issues with other websites or watching videos elsewhere (youtube, etc) Anyone else have this issue?
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #8
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
My biggest problem with TS would be video quality after extended periods of times (3-6 hours). I'll pull up twinspires TV, start watching races and/or betting and everything is great for awhile, then i'll switch to my next track or my current video will freeze up midway through the race or at the top of the stretch. Its very frustrating especially if I have a bet on the race and not just doing research. I've cleared cache, using chrome and IE browsers, but it still continues to happen. My internet never drops and I have no issues with other websites or watching videos elsewhere (youtube, etc) Anyone else have this issue?

i been noticing this too... and when you switch tracks even tho i have it set to highest quality it isn't until i hit the stop button and re hit play
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #9
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
The biggest problem I have with twinspires is no rebates
TVG gives a whopping .002%. Wager $2,500, get a Lincoln.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #10
forced89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysofree
I use Firefox with no problems. I also love Twin Spires. Why? I live in Texas and they can't accept bets from Texas but they are committed to allowing me access to their website.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #11
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
TVG gives a whopping .002%. Wager $2,500, get a Lincoln.
Penny?
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #12
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Penny?
I forgot that Lincoln is also on a penny, even, forgot about pennies. Fin, fiver, nickel, $5

Last edited by Spiderman; 05-08-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #13
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

I use Chrome and have not had any issues with Twinspires. Wagering interface, videos and free Bris PP's have all been good for me.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #14
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFigs
I use Chrome and have not had any issues with Twinspires. Wagering interface, videos and free Bris PP's have all been good for me.
Same here.
TVG's new website is a different story.
Terrible.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #15
098poi

I use it with Firefox and for the most part have no issues. I deposited $100 yesterday quicker than a whales bet on a favorite after the gates open!

My one issue is when I watch the races I can open 1 or 2 videos but it's either small or full screen. I think there was a time I could stretch it to fill half the screen so I could watch and still see whatever I had open. I can still do that but the window is like 4x5 inches.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply