Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #16
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So there were no foreign agents feeding information in order to create this dossier?

The creator of the dossier himself isn't a foreign agent? Pretty sure he is ex-British intelligence, no? And he relied on Russians for a nice chunk of the dossier, did he not?

Again, I may be confused (happens often).
Who knows how he got his information. He was a well known expert on Russian politics. Your leap though doesn't make sense.

The DNC hired Steele to get dirt on the Trump organization. Steele got dirt on the Trump organization. The leap you are making is that the Dems therefore colluded with a foreign power. They didn't they hired a former intelligence officer to investigate Trump.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Personally, I'm happy to see the special investigation is doing something about the Russian interference that everyone but the current administration admits is happening.
So what if they did? Do you think that they really turned the tide in the election? If so......you are crazy.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Who knows how he got his information. He was a well known expert on Russian politics. Your leap though doesn't make sense.

The DNC hired Steele to get dirt on the Trump organization. Steele got dirt on the Trump organization. The leap you are making is that the Dems therefore colluded with a foreign power. They didn't they hired a former intelligence officer to investigate Trump.
So using friendly foreign powers is OK...and that friendly foreign power using unfriendly foreign power for help in taking down the opposition candidate is OK too?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #19
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
So what if they did? Do you think that they really turned the tide in the election? If so......you are crazy.
This is what I want to know.
How many voters changed their vote because of Russian interference?
Old 02-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #20
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I like it a helluva lot more than the "Ho-hum nothing to see hear" droll I get from the White House.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #21
elysiantraveller

Quote:
So using friendly foreign powers is OK...and that friendly foreign power using unfriendly foreign power for help in taking down the opposition candidate is OK too?
Huh?

Nobody in the DNC used "foreign powers." They hired a company in D.C. to do opposition research and the guy there happened to be a retired foreign intelligence officer.

If I'm some Sheikh in Saudi Arabia that hires Blackwater guys to guard my limo am I hiring the United States as my bodyguard?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 02-16-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #22
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Let's assume for a moment that Trump and anyone related to him is 10000000000000% innocent of any wrongdoing on this matter. Okay? So you don't have a problem with a foreign power attempting to impact a US election???? Wow.
As though this was the first time ever this has ever happened in the U.S.? Or as though this meddling into elections isn't a worldwide phenom? Or as though Obama & Co. didn't meddle (work to influence, interfere) in the last national election in Israel?

These indictments are big nothingburgers.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Huh?

Nobody in the DNC used "foreign powers." They hired a company to do opposition research and the guy there happened to be a retired foreign intelligence officer.

If I'm some Sheikh in Saudi Arabia that hires Blackwater guys to guard my limo am I hiring the United States as my bodyguard?
You answer Huh?

This entire Russian Investigation is one big HUH from what I can tell.

You don't think there is more THERE there regarding the DNC and Clinton and what they did compared with Trump?

What Russians are being investigated? What evidence is there that Trump or his campaign actually colluded with members of the Russian government to take down Clinton, to warrant this grand Mueller investigation? Shouldn't there have actually been a pretty concrete reason to begin this investigation to begin with, other than Clinton lost?
Old 02-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #24
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Why would you be able to "tell" anything at this point? It's ongoing, and it's progress has not been made public, obviously.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #25
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You answer Huh?

You don't think there is more THERE there regarding the DNC and Clinton and what they did compared with Trump?

What Russians are being investigated? What evidence is there that Trump or his campaign actually colluded with members of the Russian government to take down Clinton, to warrant this grand Mueller investigation? Shouldn't there have actually been a pretty concrete reason to begin this investigation to begin with, other than Clinton lost?
I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

- Probably the ones that just had charges brought against them.

- Don't know that's why there is currently an investigation so far its gotten 4 Trump campaign members and 13 Russian contacts. Good haul wouldn't you say?

- Trump firing Comey over the discovery of the Russian investigation dating back to the Summer of 2016 is what prompted the special investigation.

- There was. It was happening months before she lost.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

- Probably the ones that just had charges brought against them.

- Don't know that's why there is currently an investigation so far its gotten 4 Trump campaign members and 13 Russian contacts. Good haul wouldn't you say?

- Trump firing Comey over the discovery of the Russian investigation dating back to the Summer of 2016 is what prompted the special investigation.

- There was. It was happening months before she lost.
Well sure, if you look hard enough under the hood of the car they are looking at, you're BOUND to find something...not really my point.

I'm talking about BEFORE the investigation began...that's the time when these questions should have had some answers...

Carter Page and the dossier (peppered with foreign agent contributions <gasp>) seem to be the impetus for all of this...that and Clinton actually losing of course (another <gasp>).

I guess the end result of all of this will prove one of us correct in the end.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #27
woodtoo

[QUOTE=elysiantraveller;2277512]I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

Comey TOLD Trump about the investigation, but only enough to get fired.
He should have spilled it all if he really wanted to retain his job.
You need better sources.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post

Comey TOLD Trump about the investigation, but only enough to get fired.
He should have spilled it all if he really wanted to retain his job.
You need better sources.
So... what did I get wrong?

Trump fired Comey ---> Special Investigation ordered.

Whether or not Comey wanted his job is irrelevant. One action begot the other.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Why would you be able to "tell" anything at this point? It's ongoing, and it's progress has not been made public, obviously.
Then why are you lefties drooling gallons over it?
Old 02-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #30
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
As though this was the first time ever this has ever happened in the U.S.? Or as though this meddling into elections isn't a worldwide phenom? Or as though Obama & Co. didn't meddle (work to influence, interfere) in the last national election in Israel?

These indictments are big nothingburgers.
You and Ralph are the only ones who seem to get how much of a nothing this is.

Sheppard Smith is wetting himself, and outright said falsehoods just now with his lead in on this story. He should be fired. He actually said that "THERE IS PROOF THE RUSSIANS AFFECTED OUR ELECTION IN FAVOR OF TRUMP!" Jerk. The Deputy AG actually said the opposite.

This is a joke. So they made up "hundreds" of fake Twitter accounts? And spent $1 million? Ok, let's see what those tweets all said, and who saw them, and how much they were shared or retweeted. Let's see the ads they ran. Let's see how many click-thrus they got, how many shares they got. I bet we're talking about a measly little number of people actually saw these things. And how were they different from all the crap put out by the real and fake media that really are Americans?

They had two protests. One anti-Trump, and one pro-Trump, at the same time, in NYC. Ok, did anyone even hear of this? Anyone see it?

This is absurd.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply